No update recently

Discussion in 'Backers Lounge (Read-only)' started by killzone5017002, April 8, 2014.

1. killzone5017002

killzone5017002 Active Member

So PA has not updated in quite a while. I am perfectly fine with it. My point is what do you guys think is going to be added into the game? Could be bug fixes or a new feature perhaps? Id thought id like to see what some people think. I know they are testing out some economy changes and id like to see how its gonna play out.

What a surprise it would be if they added the unit cannon XD I personally can wait till post release for it but just a fun idea.
  2. EdWood

EdWood Active Member

There will be definitely new social features coming soon, the eco changes are experimental...
  3. zweistein000

zweistein000 Post Master General

I believe the next update will be mainly social features and optimisations. Maybe we will se some balance changes like lowered health of air units and turret changes but nothing too drastic and experimental. That will probably be the next patch
  4. Devak

Devak Post Master General

they already did.

they're mostly doing polish, social features and so far a good amount of time is going in balancing.
  5. superouman

superouman Post Master General

To me, it seems they are waiting for a satisfying temporary balance to release all the other features and optimizations they have in store.
  6. pizzalover3000

pizzalover3000 Active Member

I dunno what they are doing... But I would rather have a complete game than social features. Remember the Dec-Jan due date? Where did that go?
  7. wheeledgoat

wheeledgoat Well-Known Member

i think 1.0 is gonna be big, and they're holding back for it. i think updates are simply stuff they just need to flesh out.

i hope i'm not setting myself up for disappointment, but i've convinced myself there is a complete audio and visual overhaul, perhaps already done, that will punctuate the 1.0 release. makes sense to me, since that will a) have major impact and b) not require playtesting to implement. just swap out 3d models and sound files.
    killzone5017002 likes this.
  8. drz1

drz1 Post Master General

I would consider properly implemented social features an important part of keeping people playing once the game releases. Making it easier to play with friends and make new ones will keep people coming back while Uber work on other features post launch. Especially given that multiplayer will be a significant part of this game. Just my opinion, mind.
  9. BradNicholson

BradNicholson Uber Employee Uber Alumni

The game was delayed to "until it's done."

We're holding off on updates until we can get an awesome, stable build for ya'll. Shouldn't be long. (SOON.)
  10. BradNicholson

Yeah, totally. Friends and messaging are a big part of what Gamma is all about -- shaping an experience for you and your friends to enjoy.
    tristanlorius, Murcanic and drz1 like this.
  11. mered4

mered4 Post Master General

Can we get a tasty livestream to feast on while we wait? I've missed them the last few days....
  12. drz1

drz1 Post Master General

Livestreams are HOT
  13. carlorizzante

carlorizzante Post Master General

My guess is that at the moment they're struggling with optimizations and performance. As soon as the game is going to hit the market, servers will go pretty much under stress in a matter of a blink.

Nevertheless, overall the game is getting together very nicely, bit after bit. Looking forward to see what's coming next.
    drz1 likes this.
  14. BradNicholson

Not this week. We'll be at PAX. But maybe next? We'll see ...
    drz1 likes this.
  15. stonewood1612

stonewood1612 Well-Known Member

Yeah I miss those classic livestreams too. You gotta love the good old development showoff and Q&A.

Playtests are good. But the real Uberent livestreams are better. I'll be waitin'.
  16. Nullimus

Nullimus Well-Known Member

The social features will be a welcome addition to the game.

I hope we will find grenadier bots and dox in the game, not just grenadiers.

With the constant lack of response to requests for more T2 unit diversity and the continuing rinse and repeat of surface game mechanics in the orbital layer. It appears that Uber has written of a significant portion of the community. including myself. We have been asking for strategic diversity since Alpha and , other than splitting bot roles from vehicle roles, Uber has done nothing in response to our requests.

If the game is going to have continued replayability, we need to have different ways to win. At present the only victory is cripple your oponent early, or race to nukes and T2 for the win. This, in my opinion, is shallow and will become dull very quickly.

Even the recently discussed eco changes, centered around T2, are an effort to simply delay the T2 victory and make a T1 rush victory easier. However this only serves the same 2 options. T1 rush or T2 Overrun. Nothing is being done that might facilitate a victory by any other means.
    Last edited: April 8, 2014
    engies and stuart98 like this.
  17. killzone5017002

I really do hope there is a lot of optimizations coming pretty soon. Id love to see everyone be able to play it as well as allowing myself to play on rather large systems. Large being scale 10-15 for planets and there being like 15 planets. Not to mention an asteroid belt haha. May seem wild but if it can be pulled off I would be the happiest man alive.
    bradaz85 likes this.
  18. killzone5017002

To lengthen games would be to add multiple large planets. That is only one way. Having several ways to kill your opponent is always amazing.
  19. mered4

mered4 Post Master General

And we thought PAX was a good time to release it too..........

D:

Any hints on the coolness you guys have planned for it? (Pax, I mean)
    drz1 likes this.
  20. Tontow

Tontow Active Member

Pax... hmmmm.... Oversized plush commanders? (about 3ft tall) :D
    tristanlorius likes this.