[REL] KO Deferred or: lightspeed UI ahead

Discussion in 'Released Mods' started by cola_colin, March 27, 2014.

1. masterdigital

masterdigital Uber Alumni

I will experiment with this. If I can't get significant problems I will probably add it into the game. This is a great find.
  2. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

If there are issues in only a few parts of the UI make sure to read the github of the lib. It is possible to fix those issues.

Played the whole tournament with it, noticed no issues. So it may be fine just out of the box.
  3. Quitch

Quitch Post Master General

CUSTOM COMMANDER FOR COLIN CONFIRMED!
  4. cptconundrum

cptconundrum Post Master General

The cookie commander?
    totalannihilation and reptarking like this.
  5. cola_colin

Oh yeah a cookie commander. Careful not to eat it.
    I've put probably hundreds hours into PA Stats and you suggest that for this 5 minute "oh let's include this library I stumpled upon"?
    Well I did get to know this lib while developing on PA Stats, but still xD
    Last edited: March 29, 2014
  6. Quitch

Straw that broke the camel's back and all that. You're a true community hero :D
  7. LavaSnake

LavaSnake Post Master General

That he is. It was so awesome today to watch the tournament both through ZaphodX's livestream and the PA Stats page. You get such a powerful view and such a massive amount of data on a game through PA Stats. Thanks for making the best mod ever Colin!
    Quitch likes this.
  8. burntcustard

burntcustard Post Master General

I tried this. It seemed to make the UI less laggy, but I lost some clicking-on-things sounds. I disabled mods that affect the live game UI, but the sounds were still gone. I might test it again in a few days to try to pinpoint what exactly I was missing and why it might be happening.
  9. cola_colin

Could be, I don't react to those sounds as much, so I might not notice them missing. Even though I can't really explain out of my head why they should fail when the actual select keeps working.
  10. proeleert

proeleert Post Master General

I agree he should have one already for all the amazing contributions !
  11. FSN1977

FSN1977 Active Member

Yeah this is just AWESOME Cola_Colin, great job. :)
  12. cola_colin

You can btw work around that by openeing and closing the time line a few times.

EDIT:
    Also by now I played 15+ games, some of which were very competitive, so pushing to my apm limit. Can't see any issues. I am actually kinda surprised how much and how well this has helped :)
  13. MCXplode

MCXplode Active Member

works peachy UI lags a lot less now especially at the end of the game, doesn't fix network lag but makes game more playable under those conditions:cool:
  14. Fr33Lancer

Fr33Lancer Well-Known Member

Was annoyed by some little lobby UI issue lately and found out that if I disable this one, it's gone.
    Here's what I'm talking about : gallery (first image for reference, normal lobby)
    1 = Unable to set a number of spectator (Reconnect seems to fix it)
    2 = Slots panel is only half the screen, i.e if I put more than 4-5 I got a scroll bar.
    3 = Game chat is shrank (harder to read if multiple stuff are written)
    4 = Some strange display (F5 does seem to fix it)

I am the only one experiencing this ?
    Not saying this mod is guilty, but it, or a combination of it + another mod, makes the display a bit weird.
    Of course it's a minor annoyance compared to the awesome benefits it provides ;)
    cola_colin likes this.
  15. cola_colin

Ah. Yeah. Actually I have experienced that as well, but since most of my games are automatches through PA Stats I didn't use the lobby for quite a while and when I used it again, I already had this mod enabled and just assumed that the lobby is just as buggy as it is and did not care. The ingame chat might be a victim as well.
    I think I will make it that the ko deferred is only enabled in the live_game scene and maybe we need to fix the chatbox somehow. Should not hard to disable ko deferred for it, it isn't perfomance critical anyway.

Good find!
  16. LetsOne

LetsOne Active Member

For now can you add it to PAMM if possible cause I dont know what im
    Im getting the thing numbered 4 in the gallery. Im also getting something with chat thats causing it not to lock the to the bottom so when something is said I have to scroll down.
  17. cola_colin

I am gonna make it only load in live_game, so potential new issues will only be in the playing scene, not in the menus or in the lobby. The menus don't need a speed up anyway.
  18. cola_colin

Updated, see main post for changes.
  19. proeleert

proeleert Post Master General

wow that setImmediate looks interesting as well.
  20. Quitch

Would you mind including the version number you're talking about in your edits?
    reptarking likes this.