Nuclear weapon...

Discussion in 'Balance Discussions' started by stigmatium, March 18, 2014.

1. superouman

superouman Post Master General

It's still more than 30 seconds or less. It was more about the idea of a larger time to build a nuke at 100% efficiency.
    igncom1 likes this.
  2. Geers

Geers Post Master General

120>30. Thanks, wasn't sure.

[​IMG]
    vyolin likes this.
  3. tehtrekd

tehtrekd Post Master General

It's still precisely squat on the grand scheme of things.
    Maybe if it took 5 minutes to build a nuke it'd incentivize smart usage/building more silos, but waiting to use something that takes TWO minutes? That's utterly pointless.
    Geers likes this.
  4. stigmatium

stigmatium New Member

- Do you know what's the matter ?
    The situation with nuclear weapons bothers me greatly .
    The fact that it simply renders useless buildings and a large variety of combat units.
    No, I'm serious. And why do they need , when you can quickly cook up a nuclear plant , pour all the resources in the construction of missiles at an enemy and bah ?

Other people say that there is also protection against nuclear weapons.
    Yes, I completely agree.
    Just curious contraption that's what it turns out ...
    Protection of nuclear weapons is based on the time - as well as nuclear weapons themselves .
    And it's half the trouble .

To your protection worked , you need to build a rocket that will bring down enemy nuclear warhead .
    During times in one unit can be build up to three .
    Yeah yeah yeah .. I can set them up a lot. Only it will not solve the problem because the enemy has to build more nuclear missiles and rockets 1-2 before reaching the same goal.
    And here's another thing ... I was as a player , absolutely no pleasure to sit on the defensive .

What usually happens when a rocket shot through ?
    Correctly , the total destruction of your whole economy.
    Chance to somehow survive and oppose something does not leave any at all.
    And where in this case, enjoy the game, if all the gameplay boils down to who gets the first cast aside **** ?

The whole game comes down to the principle that first-who throw **** at the enemy.

Tactical component is missing completely, no pleasure from the process.

I am very concerned about this fact.
    Oh .. That esdi-nuclear missiles would be replaced by good old-caliber gun as the energy in Total Annihilation :)
  5. LetsOne

LetsOne Active Member

It seems making it not assistable and increasing the cost of the silos might help. Thoughts?
  6. spainardslayer

spainardslayer Well-Known Member

Yeah, I like Zaphod's videos, but I always groan when he says " Oh, I've got tons of Eco, better start on nukes." Nukes can quickly turn an interesting game into a very boring race of who can put nukes/anti-nukes out the fastest. Not being able to assist nuke launchers would be a start, but the while nuclear warfare gameplay needs a re-work.
    vyolin likes this.
  7. oxycoden

oxycoden New Member

This is what would need to be done. On the plus side removing assisting on nukes, will probably lessen the lag caused by the massive assisting.
  8. madmecha

madmecha Active Member

Excellent game showing how over the top Nuke spam is. It turns a game about smashing units into each other to Def com 1. Nuke them before they nuke you.
    Last edited: March 29, 2014
  9. Geers

DEFCON 5 is normal. DEFCON 1 is when shiz goes down:

[​IMG]
    madmecha and igncom1 like this.
  10. vyolin

vyolin Well-Known Member

But then again Defcon did at no point pretend to be anything but a nuclear power fantasy. Plus it had the better mechanics in place to support such gameplay in the first place.
  11. Geers

DEFCON is an actual thing that exists.
  12. vyolin

vyolin Well-Known Member

I suppose I forgot to add the following to my post: Reality notwithstanding.
    Geers likes this.
  13. madmecha

madmecha Active Member

Doh got it backwards... I should have remembered that /sigh

Thanks for the correction :)
    Geers likes this.
  14. lazeruski

lazeruski Active Member

Nukes are part of the game and sometimes they are just needed.
    But i agree, anti nukes are a little bit too expensive.
    Its fine that a fully loaded Anti-Nuke launcher cant defend against 3 nukes at the same time (it can shoot down two before they hit the ground), but not for this price.

The balancing of "countering a turtle with nukes" and "turn them completely useless through antis" is one hard part, the same it is for "nuking someone with all ressources" instead of "using units to destroy them"
    On a single planet they are very powerfull, but with multiple planets in a system, they loose a lot of value as long as you cant launch them from one planet to another (just moon-orbits)

Currently i think its hard to say something about them, because we still dont have the full arsenal and possible strategys.

a fixed timer would be boring, assisting them with 30 T2 fabbers makes them very fast...but maybe a bit too fast.

I think the unit cannon will change a lot, because it will be much easier to invade a base then...and i think much more fun.

Thats just what i think...i love nukes, i love big lasercannons, artillery, but everything should have its pros and cons
  15. ikickasss

ikickasss Active Member

Nukes are not the problem Tier 1 is less of a option and turrets need some adjusting. Its alot easier for players to turtle.