Imperial Victus/Imperial Delta difference ?

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by starstream2, March 21, 2014.

1. Dementiurge

Dementiurge Post Master General

I'd make a mod to replace such a thing with a clean white box.
    Original work, please.
    MrTBSC likes this.
  2. lokiCML

lokiCML Post Master General

There is no such thing as a original work. Besides that I meant it as a joke.:)
  3. MrTBSC

MrTBSC Post Master General

yeah everything is in someway inspired -_- ....
  4. tatsujb

tatsujb Post Master General

Oh "original" this "original" that. BAH!

what's truely original today?

how is this : [​IMG] original ? how is that: imperial_invictus.png ?

they're not.

inspirations are all tied together. they've all got something to do with one another.

now the only things that stands out, is how you can exploit the best angles and curves to come up with a cocktail that'll redefine badassness and kickassery!
  5. igncom1

igncom1 Post Master General

Also, I will have to commend you brad for at least keeping the dialogue with people open about this issue.

You really are the best guy for the job. ;)
  6. Dementiurge

And my post is an extension of that joke, if you couldn't tell.

Au contraire, a clean white box is completely uninspired!
    That's one of the nuances about inspiration. It is more than simply copying old ideas. It has to be original, in some way.
  7. lokiCML

lokiCML Post Master General

I could not tell that it was a joke.

Exit: whoops
    Last edited: March 26, 2014
  8. MrTBSC

but why white box? why not blue or grey with a star on it why even a box? how bout a dodecahedron ... clearly you had an inspiration of white and boxes in your subconcious mind :)

... yeah i better stop derailing the thread like this ...
  9. Tontow

Tontow Active Member

Where is that video of the flaps opening and closing? I will have to go find it once I have broadband access again in a few days.

Yay! Now we don't have to squint really hard to tell the the difference in commanders.
    The community not only demands quality in the models, but also quality in the amount of uniqueness of exclusive commanders (and commanders and units in general).

Yet...

Please, please, oh god please never make us squint to be able to tell the difference in commanders. --> Each aspect of a commander should be unique: body, legs, feet, arms, the armor on the arms, the head, the chest, the elbows, the left front tow, the right front middle tow, everything, even the groin should be unique.

No commander that is to be 100% unique should have any rehashed or reused parts from other commanders.
  10. igncom1

I don't understand why they have to be 100% unique anyway.
    thetrophysystem likes this.
  11. MrTBSC

not possible since many commanders use the same weapon and the same fabricator arm ... so that´s like
    roughly 20% out of the way already ...
  12. thetrophysystem

thetrophysystem Post Master General

In Monday Night Combat, they released Cardboard Tube Samurai skin for Assassin Character...

...As a PAX attendee, you could get personally from them a code for a "battle damaged cardboard tube samurai" skin. Same skin, with "battle damage" such as tears and scorches.

It is fine in my opinion to be subtlely different as a reward for backers, so the slight difference is seen and shows prostege, yet the model itself is available for everyone because it is a good model. This applies to the delta. They did a fairly smart move. Usually, I am good at coming up with strategic decisions a company could do like this, but this one suprised me, in the best of ways.

ALSO, come to think of it, think Planetside 2, and the NS44 Commisioner, and the variants for prestige earning, such as NS44P and NS44G Commisioners for advertizement giveaway and contest giveaway, respectively.
  13. Dementiurge

That could have been the original plan, but now there are only going to be 4 main animation rigs and 3 uber weapons.
    As a result, no Commander is going to be 100% unique.
  14. KNight

KNight Post Master General

I think the intent was in terms of the visuals, not so much the construction.

Mike
  15. igncom1

Was that what Uber intended, or what we wanted them to intend?
  16. KNight

In regards to?

Mike
  17. igncom1

o_O ? Or am I asking crazy questions that make no sense?
  18. KNight

Well originally I think they had planned for something more open ended, but with the Custom Commanders involved it turned out to not really be feasible. The different Uber Weapons seem to mostly just be an offshoot of Jon's original idaes for Commander Abilities/attributes and such, which if I had to guess got cut due in part to the negative knee-jerk reactions and the added complexity.

Mike
  19. igncom1

The possibility that knee-jerk reactions is effecting the games development was a sad thought.......:(
  20. KNight

Of the two I'm assuming the complexity played a bigger role.

Mike
    igncom1 likes this.