Imperial Victus/Imperial Delta difference ?

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by starstream2, March 21, 2014.

1. carlorizzante

carlorizzante Post Master General

Aha, perhaps, but I bet that Uber isn't that easy to move for just one guy ;)

Instead it is a pretty smart move: this will shut up a lot of complaints on Steam.

Frankly, it is also a fair move. I know we have different opinion on this, which is fine. I personally believe that Uber took the right decision. So I applaud to it.

Beside, the Invictus still looks pretty much badass with those missile launchers down its shoulder wings.
  2. nanolathe

nanolathe Post Master General

The Delta has the open shoulder flaps... not the Invictus.
  3. cptconundrum

cptconundrum Post Master General

That's the delta with the shoulders opened up like that.
  4. nanolathe

nanolathe Post Master General

Frankly I agree with Knight on this one. It was a problem of presumptuous, unobservant customers and lack of clear information from Uber... honestly their use of the Delta as a promotional tool boggled my mind when I first saw it and I really think they should have run their promo stuff past the community first rather than leaping before looking.

Their fix is the cheapest possible solution... for better or for worse, it is at least, cheap.
    MrTBSC and carlorizzante like this.
  5. carlorizzante

Ok. Sorry, I'm still a bit confused about which is what. But it doesn't matter that much to me to be sincere.

I have nothing against you guys having your exclusive Commander. I simply applaud the democratization of the iconic Delta figure for everyone since it is depicted everywhere and de facto is very close to be representative of the game itself.
  6. cptconundrum

The reason it is confusing is because uber has a bug that makes both commanders show up looking like the delta in the armory.
  7. wheeledgoat

wheeledgoat Well-Known Member

obviously, I can't speak for everyone, but as a backer since kickstarter, I SO don't care.

i was an early backer because I a) trust in Uber and b) want the game to succeed.

pretty much whatever Uber decides is best to make the game succeed, I'm not going to argue with, or even be upset about.
    cdrkf, nlaush, aevs and 2 others like this.
  8. tatsujb

tatsujb Post Master General

A lot of fuss over nothing, Uber did not need to intervene over this.

look at what you've done :
    [​IMG]
    Last edited: March 21, 2014
  9. carlorizzante

Your point is very valid. And perhaps they will make a second pass on the Delta to make it more distinguishable after release. That's very possible since Uber proved quite enough to care about the expectations of their customer base, and how they perceive things related to the game.

But it's also a fact that we're really close to release (they likely have to provide the files to the distributor way before the end of May), and any time spent on one more Commander skin is ultimately time they cannot spend on improving the game for everyone (including you and me) with new units and a more complete range of features.

Reviewers are waiting the game at the gate, and they will care very, very little that the Delta looks a bit too similar to the Invictus, or that the game has 100 Hidden Commanders that only very few will likely ever never see.

I'm pretty sure that what they will care the most will be what is in, and what has to be left out from the Kickstater campaign.

This "shortcut" from Uber, as you label it, it's ultimately a win/win solution to the problem.
    Last edited: March 21, 2014
  10. BulletsFrozen

BulletsFrozen Active Member

Man, I wish there were more people like you :D
    carlorizzante likes this.
  11. wheeledgoat

wheeledgoat Well-Known Member

and I wish there were more people like you! [​IMG]
    cwarner7264 and tristanlorius like this.
  12. BulletsFrozen

BulletsFrozen Active Member

Dont worry I will self-replicate and fabricate more :D

No I dont mean it that way, get your mind out of the gutter, it was just a PA joke
    vyolin and tristanlorius like this.
  13. cptconundrum

I'm getting a little off topic, but are we sure about this? I've seen a May release date in two places, but neither of them were credible enough to believe it. And even when there is a date, are we sure they won't just put the PA Launcher on a CD and force you to download the game? There will likely be day 1 patches anyway no matter what they do, so I don't really see how they can avoid forcing a download on people when they install the game.
  14. carlorizzante

I honestly know very little about how releasing a video game works. And indeed, you may be very right about what you say.

The only things that I know are that an "official" release date is on both Amazon and Nordic Games, and that some of the most recent posts from Brad, Neutrino and Metabolical sounded like that they are a bit short in time.

They also said that they can push the release date further, if so they wish/need.
    https://forums.uberent.com/threads/neutrino-how-are-the-pa-sales.57816/page-6#post-895935
  15. hearmyvoice

hearmyvoice Active Member

I don't get the open shoulders thingy, I mean what is the purpose of that thing in its shoulder and why does the commander want it to be open?
    stormingkiwi likes this.
  16. Quitch

Quitch Post Master General

To look awesome.
    stormingkiwi likes this.
  17. hearmyvoice

Hmmmmm... k
    stormingkiwi likes this.
  18. tehtrekd

tehtrekd Post Master General

Am I the only one who actually thinks Delta looks kinda derpy with his shoulders up?
  19. hearmyvoice

No you're not :p
    stormingkiwi likes this.
  20. KNight

KNight Post Master General

I don't see how this is a win/win, the only one who comes out ahead is Uber, we get no benefit.

Mike
    stormingkiwi and nanolathe like this.