Server Side Game Freeze

Discussion in 'Support!' started by Antiglow, March 21, 2014.

1. Antiglow

Antiglow Well-Known Member

Anyone else getting a game freeze after sending an orbital fabber/other unit to another planet. This has happened to me 3 times now. The game freezes you quit and try to reconnect and it cant reconnect.

(all mods are disabled)

[edit]
    A better description by @Crembels taken from the bug tracker.
    I was going to post it there when I figured out it was not on my end but he beat me to it :p

Setting:
    3 Player Free For All vs AI.
    I’ve built a system that has multi-planet starts enabled. The multistart works fine. The two AIs in the game on different planets to me (found that out after scouting).

I build some orbital units (Avengers), zoom to a new planet in the system and right click to send them there. each time I do that the game sim freezes. I cannot interact with the units and Chronocam timer has stopped. Its as though i’ve pressed a pause button. The menu still works and i can exit the game and start a new one.

This does not seem to happen in a non-multistart game with a system generated from the randomiser (tested. Game doesnt freeze). I am not running any mods.

------------------
    Also from @Crembels

The 'server' and 'sim' panes of the Ctrl+P menu are frozen, but 'Client' and 'GPU memory' are still operating as though nothing is wrong.

Also should mention that the camera still moves around and the UI makes noise when you click on things, just that the units dont move or animate.
    Last edited: March 22, 2014
  2. tehtrekd

tehtrekd Post Master General

I just played my first game and it was perfectly fine.
  3. Antiglow

yeah it does not happen all the time, only sometimes. it may be something wrong with my end. I will verify files and hope for the best...
  4. Twinstar

Twinstar Active Member

Just played 3 rounds, 2 times the game freezes.
    It started with some lag, than we get longer laggs and freeze... game over, not able to reconnect.
  5. Sorian

Sorian Official PA

Looking into getting a repro now
  6. Antiglow

Awesome
  7. greendiamond

greendiamond Active Member

i also got a freeze when trying to send a radar to another planet
  8. tollman

tollman Member

I had a game freeze too but I was just on the one planet (though there were two in the system.) and not exploring further out. I also could not reconnect.
  9. zaphodx

zaphodx Post Master General

10. Antiglow

just had another freeze, this time it was with anchors, game was only lagging a little bit before the freeze.
  11. Crembels

Crembels Member

12. Crembels

Crembels Member

Ive checked and updated the bug tracker. The 'server' and 'sim' panes of the Ctrl+P menu are frozen, but 'Client' and 'GPU memory' are still operating as though nothing is wrong.

Also should mention that the camera still moves around and the UI makes noise when you click on things, just that the units dont move or animate.
  13. wondible

wondible Post Master General

You've disconnected (maybe the server crashed, but I get disconnects a lot more) Quit and restart and you should get the option to reconnect. A mod might allow you to only go back to the main menu. https://forums.uberent.com/threads/rel-reconnect-button-1-0-1-63180.57733/
  14. blackwinsdk

blackwinsdk New Member

I have exact the same issue. And when I restart the game, i get the question to go back to the current game BUT when i click rejoin, the game stuck in the match loading screen.
    I think the Server crashed. My Client is working fine (Ctrl+P) but Server data is frozen.

And the lag is not funny ... 1sec game play, 1 sec stop, 1 sec game play, 1 sec stop, ... LOL

I dont use Mods!
  15. Antiglow

Whenever this type of freeze happens the server crashes, you can not reconnect as stated in the original and new starting post.

Updated starting post
    Last edited: March 22, 2014
    Crembels likes this.