Who is new with BETA planet smashing?- Recruitment and Clans

Discussion in 'Looking For A Clan' started by archcommander, September 24, 2013.

1. iscin

iscin New Member

Already PM'd him but no response yet.
  2. lapsedpacifist

lapsedpacifist Post Master General

Hmmm, I'm not aware of him being away... Doesn't matter anyway, I'm probably free tomorrow evening if you want to play a few games. Archcommander can deal with the formalities later.
  3. adac70

adac70 New Member

I would Like to Join this Clan , because
    -im still searching for one
    -you guys seem to be friendly.

I am Crazy after Pa and i´m playing it now for about 3 monhts .
    I still need to learn MUCH about the game and strategies . while im german and in the timzone of hamburg
    my english is deticated enough. My steam account is "a_team11" and if im going into this clan i would like to know something first : how to hell do i get one of these logos unter my posts ?
  4. archcommander

archcommander Active Member

https://forums.uberent.com/threads/promethean-clan-general-discussions-announcments.51826/page-27 Yes sure you are open to joining. Just PM and tell people you have here!
  5. chazz00999

chazz00999 Member

Hey!
    I'm just looking for a bunch of friendly chaps to have a few matches with whether it be ffa or team (shared armies which I love). Not much of a competitive pvp guy, just looking for a casual bunch I can hop in a game with.

I have experience of strategy games since...Total Annihilation :) been playing a month or two on PA, and have played the Total War series, Age of Empires and Civilisation 5.
    I've won most of my games/the game crashes when I was on target to win.

Chazzy.
  6. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

Hi,

Would be happy to have some games with you. I'd invite you to our team speak server (as the in game lobby isn't available yet) however it's not working at the moment. Hopefully it will be back up soon!

If you fancy a game some time feel free to PM on here me and we can try and arrange something- although I'm not going to get much time this week as have allot going on!

Cmdrflop is a nice guy and plays allot more than me so might be worth giving him a shout as well.

Rob.
  7. guiltyblood

guiltyblood New Member

I would like to be part of this clan.
    I have 31 hours of play time, I use steam to play Planetary Annihilation, I have a mic (that works), and I like this game a lot
    Those are some reasons why you should consider letting me join your clan.

You should stop reading now.

You rebel.
  8. lapsedpacifist

Hi, you sound like an ideal candidate with your fancy working mic and all: unfortunately our Teamspeak is broken at the moment but SHOULD be coming back up within the next few days (tomorrow I hope).

If you want a game before then, just PM me, or nerofearstar, or cmdrflop, or cdrkf sometime and we'll give you all the necessary info and hopefully play a few games.

See you on the battlefield!
  9. guiltyblood

guiltyblood New Member

I am bad at learning new sites like these and trying to find the personal message so this is the best i can do. I would like to play a game today and i was wondering what program do you use for teamspeak like mumble, skype, ect,?
  10. lapsedpacifist

We use TeamSpeak for teamspeak!
    Just google Teamspeak 3 and install the client, then connect to the following server: london5.teamspeak.net:24101
    The password is Promethean

If you have any problems let me or cmdrflop know as we're both server admins (to use PMs you just hit inbox at the top right and then the 'start new conversation' button, then just enter the name/s of the people you're addressing).

I won't be able to play with you today as I'm having problems with my mods and my game is currently broken, but there's normally at least one person on the Teamspeak looking for a game.

Hopefully I'll get my game sorted by this weekend so I can play some games against you myself.
  11. chazz00999

chazz00999 Member

Disable the mods? :)
  12. lapsedpacifist

If only I could... the mod manager is what's broken so I can't deactivate them. Worst case scenario I'll just do a completely fresh install, but I'm gonna see if any of the modding community can save me first.
  13. chazz00999

chazz00999 Member

oh, strange, mine is fine. Have you tried reinstalling the mod manager?
  14. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

That's irony!

Edit: Of course it's when the mod that fixes the mod manager gets broken you've really got to worry...
    chazz00999 likes this.
  15. lapsedpacifist

I know... I feel like it's laughing at me.

And yeah, I've tried everything I can think of other than completely uninstalling the game and reinstalling which I don't really want to do...
  16. chazz00999

chazz00999 Member

is it to do with the file route? maybe it's not set to the PA folder?
  17. lapsedpacifist

Hmm possible.

I just tried deleting the entire PA folder, uninstalling the manager and doing a completely fresh install of PA.

They're STILL there. These mods are like cockroaches, or Rasputin.
  18. chazz00999

chazz00999 Member

You have two Hard Drives maybe? or it could be in the downloads folder? I know I messed my folders up last week by copying over some of the files on my SSD since it was full to my HDD...turns out I copied a tonne of essential files (for games that is) and messed up all my mods for everything xD

I'm currently on my laptop writing an essay, but once I've finished in a few hours, will have a check on my pc to see if there is any funny stuff going on with the Mod Manager :)

If you want to help me help you quicker, you can aid me with this question. Ideally write a 3000 word essay on it :p

Is liberal democracy the key to economic growth? Does authoritarianism hinder economic growth?

Politics is fun!
  19. lapsedpacifist

Only one hard drive (although I should really buy another, it's completely full).

I've never studied politics, so I can only offer moral support. 3000 words is not small though, have fun.

I'll have a look around to see if I've got duplicates hiding somewhere, it's by no means impossible I'll have 2 copies installed.
  20. chazz00999

chazz00999 Member

Thanks for your moral support, 1700 words to go.