Use the In-Game Community Mods - Original PA Mod Manager (PAMM) is Obsolete

Discussion in 'Released Mods' started by Raevn, August 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Raevn

Raevn Moderator Alumni

Confirmed. I got my 1s and 0s mixed up in boolean logic - the filters are currently showing the opposite of what they should :oops:
  2. silentlife

silentlife New Member

I can't actually download/install any mod, but yeah it allows me to download the mod list at least. Otherwise I wouldn't be so sad that it doesn't work ;C

I had already performed that series of 3 command line prompts before - on an unelevated cmd window. It didn't help. I did it in an elevated command window this time since you particularly mentioned it as something that could help, though it didn't help this time around either.

When I googled it I wasn't able to find out much about it, but is there supposed to be a REG_SZ in the {B54F3741-5B07-11cf-A4B0-00AA004A55E9} key with the name 'Threading Model" with Data as "Both"?

Furthermore, in that same key, the Implemented Categories folder says it has (Default) REG_SZ set to data "(value not set)". Is that bad? Since there are more keys in that folder I guess it's okay. *Just trying to figure out what the problem is*

EDIT: 4.0.2 does not let me downlaod the mod list, either. It's just frozen at "Loading..." now. Not that I could even download/install mods from the previous version, but still. I also did some googling and it seems like the threading model thing is normal =\

EDIT x2: I got so fed up with this program not functioning that I went and removed AVG using an AVG removal tool to see if it would work if the program was wiped from my computer. Still does not work.
    Last edited: March 15, 2014
  3. Raevn

Raevn Moderator Alumni

v4.0.3 released, which fixes this bug.

I'll look into the changes around that section of the code, maybe it will shed some light on what's going on.
    Quitch likes this.
  4. samrrr

samrrr New Member

this not work
  5. silentlife

silentlife New Member

In order to receive proper help in how to make 'this' work, you need to tell everyone what the problem is. What happens when you try to run Planetary Annihilation Mod Manager?

Also, thank you for your continued assistance Raevn.
  6. samrrr

samrrr New Member

C:\Users\Пользователь\AppData\Local\
    no effect of installed mods
    pamm not work
    "Launch pa button work"
    6 mods activated

Attached Files:

7. DeathByDenim

DeathByDenim Post Master General

This is most likely due to bug FS#3041, which prevents PA from loading any mods from a directory containing "special" characters, such as Пользователь. So, that's a bug in Planetary Annihilation itself.

A workaround I've seen mentioned it to create an account in Windows with a name that does not have any special characters. Then it will work fine, albeit a bit clumsy.
  8. cptconundrum

cptconundrum Post Master General

Is it possible to change the %LOCALAPPDATA% path to something else? I feel like we have been over this and it didn't work, but now I can't remember.
  9. DeathByDenim

DeathByDenim Post Master General

Yeah, we have. It's in one of the 30 pages of this thread. :)
    Changing %LOCALAPPDATA% has no effect, but the "solution" was to use the "Run as user..." functionality of Windows. I think the guest account even worked.
    cptconundrum likes this.
  10. samrrr

samrrr New Member

Hmmm realy. Thancks.
  11. SatanPetitCul

SatanPetitCul Active Member

Hi,
    It is possible to integrate the last version of Economic Efficiency ? I made few updates this last days but i think it is finish now.
    Here the last files :

Attached Files:

12. LavaSnake

LavaSnake Post Master General

done. I can add you to the GitHub org if you want so you can push updates to PAMM directly.
  13. SatanPetitCul

Ok
  14. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

issue: I just updated settings manager and went to play a testgame for unrelated things. Nooticed hotbuild2 was deactivated. Guess updating settingsmanager disabled it somehow.
    Quitch likes this.
  15. LavaSnake

Yep, I got the same issue. Updating settings manager disabled all my mods that required it.
    Quitch likes this.
  16. proeleert

proeleert Post Master General

Yeah that's really really annoying.
  17. SatanPetitCul

I don t know if you made a GitHub already. If you did could you send me a link ?
  18. LavaSnake

Sure all PAMM stuff is hosted in our repo here: https://github.com/pamods/pamods.github.io
  19. Raevn

Raevn Moderator Alumni

Updating literally uninstalls a mod then installs the new version. When uninstalling, all the dependent mods are disabled.

On the to-do list is "save"/"restore" mod loadout buttons; a by-product of writing this will allow temporary saving during updating to avoid this occurring.
  20. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

feature request for mod profiles:
    add a paramter to pamm so I can create desktop shortcuts to different "profiles" for mods.
    So stuff like "pa stats dev" "prod" "no mods" etc
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.