Unit Cannon Ideas/Questions; a picture too!

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by squishypon3, March 11, 2014.

1. stuart98

stuart98 Post Master General

He already confirmed that it will not in all likelihood.
    matty999 likes this.
  2. stormingkiwi

stormingkiwi Post Master General

I think the majority of people want to play a game about gigantic robotic army battles, and want a way to create a beachhead that uses that.

And not to play a game where you have to use a KEW or nuke it from orbit because it's the only way.
  3. matty999

matty999 New Member

You seem to have misinterpreted the analogy. Perhaps I should have been clearer. The person in my analogy is not an early access backer they purchased the game with expectation of the game releasing last December. The game was then delayed further. The unit cannon was one of the features that resulted in this purchase. The product is released without the unit cannon the person feels betrayed.

I feel I must repeat myself I am not saying these things out of spite but because of my genuine concern.
  4. tehtrekd

tehtrekd Post Master General

I think it's pretty damn hysterical how everyone is opposed to single unit solutions while at the same time waiting for the "necessary" unit cannon to solve all their problems.

I don't even really see the need of it at the moment, everyone's bringing up how it's going to "change the future of planetary invasions and make them easier!"
    ...How do you know this, exactly?
    We barely know what the Unit Cannon is going to do in the final game, for god's sake, for all we know it could be mainly defensive!
    All we know is what was shown in the trailer, it fires 5 unit clusters of what appear to be doxen.
    Oh yeah, that'll help bring the fight to a fortified planet.
    Apart from that, we know nothing. We don't know how fast it produces ammo, how much ammo it holds or if it needs to be loaded with pre-built units, so how is it we all came to the sudden decision of "IT WILL FIX LITERALLY EVERYTHING."

I'd honestly like to hear 3 inarguable reasons why the UC is such an apparent necessity beyond "'twas in the kickstarter trailer"
    stormingkiwi, LavaSnake and FSN1977 like this.
  5. igncom1

igncom1 Post Master General

Well it is the best way too.

And if the asteroids are the main designated way of clearing out defended planets, then we really need confirmation of asteroid belts and fully fleshed out asteroid gameplay.
  6. iron420

iron420 Well-Known Member

I feel bad for Brad really, he does try. I think it's probably more of a case of him not being allowed to share as much information with us as we are asking, but hes still the community manager and has to somehow manage all of these expectations. He doesn't make these decisions, but has to justify them to us without being able to really tell us anything. His responses are so canned they won't expire until 2054 but that's how it has to be, because he isn't allowed to divulge substance yet he can't say nothing. It's like there's a house fire in the forums and Neutrino has given him a pinwheel and told him to go put the fire out with it, shouting "Good Luck!" over his shoulder as shuffles towards the flames.
    chronosoul, Geers and carlorizzante like this.
  7. stormingkiwi

stormingkiwi Post Master General

Well, exactly, and that's the majority of the problem.
  8. doud

doud Well-Known Member

Well just for fun and for very large planets i would have liked to have it in order to use it as a skirmish weapon on single planets :)
  9. hearmyvoice

hearmyvoice Active Member

It's like you're saying that "It's possible that uber will make UC worthless, broken and UP, why do you except it to be any good?".
  10. tehtrekd

tehtrekd Post Master General

No, it's like I'm saying "Uber might not make it the way you think they will."
  11. carlorizzante

carlorizzante Post Master General

That's true. He's position should feel like walking on fire with ballerina shoes.

However, there is a difference between saying politely "I can't answer that" and shutting the door in the face of the whom dare to ask. Like he did here:

https://forums.uberent.com/threads/neutrino-how-are-the-pa-sales.57816/page-6#post-895936

There were many unresolved questions on that thread, posed by many. That's one of the main reasons I decided to later open the thread where I am now in danger of my life, probably meeting an assassin ninja tonight, for the dark streets of Copenhagen.
    chronosoul likes this.
  12. vyolin

vyolin Well-Known Member

Fear not, Copenhagen air holds enough alcohol to make any action requiring ninja precision an exercise in futility.
    carlorizzante likes this.
  13. Geers

Geers Post Master General

What if he has a gas mask?
  14. vyolin

vyolin Well-Known Member

Nice having met you, carlo, I guess?
    Geers likes this.
  15. Geers

Geers Post Master General

Odd... I didn't get an alert for that.
  16. vyolin

vyolin Well-Known Member

Failed quote on my part - edited it in.
  17. delta1441

delta1441 New Member

I like this idea. KindA like droppods shot off from your planet to theirs, a little more expensive but more accurate and can adjust the landing zone a little mid flight with limited jets.
  18. carlorizzante

carlorizzante Post Master General

Lol.

So far I survived. Just back home, and I can assure you that, as usual, Copenhagen on Saturday night is completely drunk. Everyone is smiling.
    vyolin likes this.
  19. Taxman66

Taxman66 Well-Known Member

Why are you still here if you think PA is a failure?
  20. vyolin

vyolin Well-Known Member

Still not done with the ad hominem remarks?
    I am very partial to any sort of drop pod scenario. Could be nicely balanced via anti-air and anti-orbital weaponry firing on descending units. Stacking and flak mechanics might make that more of a hassle than it is worth, though.

edit: Still not done with being terrible at writing properly.
    Last edited: March 16, 2014
    carlorizzante likes this.