Is Planetary Annihilation a failure already?

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by carlorizzante, March 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ozonexo3

ozonexo3 Active Member

Why do you think budget for PA is ending? This game from technical site is rly hard to do, and they dont work from point A to point B. They are working on all features in same time, and they need to remember implementing somethig basic that in the future they will add to it something more. This is why basic machanic need more time.

This game is on the good way to be awesome success
  2. Clopse

Clopse Post Master General

LOL yeah calorizzante grab a snickers. Because you turn into a a right diva when you hungry.
  3. superouman

superouman Post Master General

Geers likes this.
  4. j4cko

j4cko Member

Hah, would you mind sharing where are you coming from with these speculations? I mean, do you know how game development works?

Hah, lets make it easier - any kind of development process?

I must say Uber puts to shame many console developers with their alpha releases and tight updates with fixes of crucial bugs.

I am QA tester currently working for console game devs and i am in awe for Uber's transparency and work ethics.
    miig, MrTBSC, delta1441 and 1 other person like this.
  5. Martenus

Martenus Well-Known Member

Actually I am very happy how the game is shaping. I do not really care about unit cannon that much, I don't see a reason why people tend to mention it that much. It will not have any significant impact on the game. It is only a cool building everyone wants, simple as that. Everyone wants a Ferarri, but there isn't any good reason other than it is a cool car.

I pledged my money on Kickstarted because I love the idea. And I was not disappointed.

The game has a great community, it may be small, but that doesn't affect me, I have always someone to play with.
    The game has great developers that care about the community a lot. I have talked to developers on Teamspeak many times, they stream our games and come to our tournaments. They also communicate with us everyday on forums. I can't believe you say that "we doing this for all of you" is a lie. It clearly is not.

And to be honest, I do not care when the game is gonna be "released". It has been released for me during Beta, when I gained my access and I consider that a release for me. I can play, game is playable, there are people to play with and internet community is alive. I do not care about so called release, which in other words only means a lot of new players that will help to support this game financially to run in future.

And I do not care about stretch goals as well, I pledged for the core game. I got that. Everything else is a bonus and let devs take all the time they want to bring them to me. I get them free, so I don't complain.

Another thing is, even if the game is "released" "incomplete", what is the matter? They won't stop working on the game the day it is released, there will be constant updates and improvements, so again, it doesn't really mean anything.

If you do not like the game, you can choose not to play. You are only wasting your own money, because you have already paid. If you do not like that game, that is again your problem. You either should have done some research, you knew very well what does crowdfunding mean. Even if the project would cancel, you cannot do anything about it. That is why it is called funding the game, you are supporting its developement, not paying for a finished product.

You should probably refrain futher posting on the forums, because clearly your spirit is corrupted and your soul is not run by nanites. Most people here care about the game and love it. Your post will achieve nothing, it only releafs some inner pressure from your mind, but that's it. Or do you think you will change anything? Do you think someone will support you? Maybe you should invest your energy elswhere and not fighting against a loving community. Thank you.
    carlorizzante and giggle like this.
  6. paulusss

paulusss Active Member

I love this speculating stuff, it's based on nothing.

If you had any knowledge of the game making process, you would not speculate, i do not know what you are trying to accomplish here, but it's deffinetly not working. The truth is the only thing you should have on your side if you want to complain because then it genuine and fundamental.

You can't fool people with obvious lies, it never works.
    Last edited by a moderator: March 16, 2014
  7. karolus10

karolus10 Member

I think that people still don't understand what really early access game is, most people seem to buy and judge PA not how it is at current stage but how it compare with imagined picture of how PA should look at it's release - this approach is utterly flawed.
    Also I had noticed that most of the review pivoted around features that wasn't implemented at all yet (e.g. unit cannon) - how you can grade this product by referring to not existing features ?
    Unfortunately main problem of Early Access games are developers sharing their initial vision with their consumers so they can later raging about every "promised" feature they feel entitled to get (but they don't, sorry).

It's not like I'm 100% happy with everything about PA (I would like to see improved planetary invasions, even if it mean just fixing/improving astreuses and teleports) but I think that it would be unfair to deny that it's very decent game and it's not finished yet... I'm looking forward to it.
    delta1441, carlorizzante and Geers like this.
  8. igncom1

igncom1 Post Master General

So the dude has an opinion, no need to berate him.
  9. Geers

Geers Post Master General

It's actually a well-documented fact that you can.
  10. yagle

yagle New Member

Nice views you have there on freedom of speech, mate.

OT:
    As you stated, the game hasn't been released yet, so let's wait untill it is before prejudging it.
    carlorizzante, vyolin and Geers like this.
  11. catses

catses Member

Your review of an unfinished product? Which build did you even "review" considering a new one comes out every week? Steam reviews are like youtube comments, basically worthless - especially for a game that isnt even finished.

Too early to say what features will and wont make it into release, or subsequent updates.

If by incomplete you mean in development then sure because, well, the entire game is still in development. You seem confused on that fact and what it means. I guess that explains the whole post really.

Game development is expensive - did you not wonder why they were selling access to the early access game? Do you think theyve been spending this extra revenue on some other game, or is it possible, do you think, that they actually factored these likely sales into what you call "brilliant budgeting"

It's called "kickstarter", the intention is to provide initial funds to "start" a project. You dont seem to have grasped this.

What makes you think they have to meet that deadline? Because it's listed on that website? Is that the sum total of you evidence of Uber Entertainment's contractual obligations? Do you know that estimated release dates slip pretty much all the time?

So we went from Uber "has to meet" this deadline to "it's very likely they'll be punished if not". Again you have no basis for assuming this given that you have no idea what sort of contract is in effect here. But sure feel free to keep mindlessly speculating if you enjoy your confirmation bias so very much.

So you're arguing that Uber are deliberately leaving out features they suspect the community will add, and that this will fracture the community, and that Uber has no intention of adding additional features after version 1.0.

I dont even know why I'm bothering to reply to this any more, you clearly have an agenda to assume the worst as it supports your "review", or you are drawing really misguided conclusions from very limited information. If you have any evidence to support any of this then feel free to share it though.

So your entire post has been based on flawed logic, misunderstandings and and extreme assumptions - I guess that's also amusing or saddening.
  12. Teod

Teod Well-Known Member

This pattern is "they don't have all the money in the world and they want to make a fun game faster. It's okay to delay something because of complexity, I'm pretty sure everyone does that.

Also, Unit Cannon is awesome, but it's nothing but awesome. Sure it can create some unique situations, but it's not required for a game to be fun.
    You don't understand the concept of stretch goals. They are not completed "in the order" one-by-one. They are integrated in the game. And since the whole game is now is incomplete state, most of the goals are incomplete too.
    Other sources are preorders and early access, not publishers.
    They got not only more money, but more work too. And some of this work was very tricky. Imagine, for instance, where would the terrain generator be now if the guy who was working on it didn't need to make metal planets. I would be freakin' months ahead.
    No other company but Uber can tell us the date. And right now the date is "when it's done".
    What? Why?
    What?!
    What? You know it's not the 90's. We can patch stuff.
    Yes. A lot of them will come even earlier than that.
    No. Your core assumptions are all wrong.
    Last edited: March 15, 2014
    carlorizzante likes this.
  13. vyolin

vyolin Well-Known Member

May I just add that most of the responses here are as well-spoken and appropriate as the original post. Way to handle doomsayers civilly.
    MrTBSC, Martenus, bradaz85 and 2 others like this.
  14. Zoliru

Zoliru Active Member

so i read it all at it seems that he thinks that ALL the incomplete and missing features wont be Finished or put in befor release

and sadly it does look like it lol

when it goes live there gonna be a Huge Shitstorm on forums and steam bicous its not finished

and THEN people will be dissapointed that they bought a finished game but its not finished

BTW lava Planets are no where finished its ugly Biomes are utterly bad on lava planets and the lava doesent look like lava the whole lava planet is like a giant ball of red and dark texture compared to the concept art or compared to other planets......
    bradaz85 and carlorizzante like this.
  15. carlorizzante

carlorizzante Post Master General

Thanks, you guys made me smile. In a good way.

I say, give yourself a couple of months, and I'll see many of you moving more toward my position.

Perhaps you didn't realize that if I spent a couple of hours writing about my thoughts on the topic:

1. I'm trying to achieve something in which I care, and if the game will be slightly better thanks to that, you all will benefit;

2. I believe that as soon as you've been asked to put your money on the table, reviews can help you in judging if it worth it or not, so reviews are fundamental as quality check;

3. As I asked up front, if you can disprove my statements, please do and I'll be happy to see where I am wrong.

Many did, in fact. It is useful to have a confrontation, people may change their mind, right?

Unfortunately, I did not change my mind. I do not particularly appreciate how Uber dodges critical questions about the current and future status of the project. And I think there are specific reasons why they do not. I've been asked to pre-order this product, and I have the right to be disappointed by what it seems I can expect in return.

Fair enough?

Therefore my critic (and I do not need your approval for thinking what I do, or saying what I think).

If they want to stop people thinking and doubting as I do, they have to prove that I, and many others, are wrong.

Wishing them good luck in doing it. We all just benefit from it.

Or, they can close this thread and censor people. Which one of the two would you prefer? Would you prefer to be censored as soon as you diverge from the mainstream? Personally I would prefer they neatly answering people's questions about the future of the game.

For the record, my review on Steam simply assests the current game as I see it and suggest to wait to buy it to see further developments. Too bad there are really countless extremely bad reviews already about PA on Steam. Go seeing yourself.

Last note, to the ones who want to come visit me with a burning stick, aha, that's hilarious. I wish you to get back on track with your democracy sensitiveness, 'cos blaming people to have their own opinion is just bad. One day you will be on the other side of the fence for sure, and someone will deny your free of speech. Then you will understand why many died in order to give us that freedom.

But hej, my name is publicly visible (other big failure of this forum), so come get me. Let's see if you will carry on with your evil intentions, or we will have a beer and a chat instead. Too bad if you're too young to drink, I'll buy you a cafe-latte :D
  16. cptconundrum

cptconundrum Post Master General

Seriously, just leave the community already. You obviously either joined expecting something completely different or planning to complain a lot, so you will never be happy with this game. The rest of us wouldn't miss your routine complaints about the game and personal attacks againt a certain other community member anyway.
    Last edited: March 15, 2014
  17. carlorizzante

carlorizzante Post Master General

You can always ignore specific users. I'm already ignoring a few. I'm actually adding one more now.
    ace63 and bradaz85 like this.
  18. cptconundrum

cptconundrum Post Master General

:rolleyes:
  19. vyolin

vyolin Well-Known Member

Count me in on you buying me drink. As to your critique, I find it a bit rash, to be quite frank, and I would have preferred you posting that thread in the Backer's Lounge as I did with my ambiguous Gamma thread. I do perceive a lot of the latest goings-on as worrisome, too, and I dislike a great many others. But I am willing to forgive the developers a lot of this due to them (and in extension the game) being so open to feedback and critique. I propose waiting for the fabled 1.0 and reassessing the situation at that point.

And the rest of you guys stop that bloody witch-hunt of yours - you could have ignored that thread out of existence in genuinely no time.
  20. zaphodx

zaphodx Post Master General

Just got this one :D
    [​IMG]
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.