No cursor/Block cursor Ubuntu 12.04/13.04/13.10

Discussion in 'Mac and Linux' started by hvhp, October 18, 2013.

1. SXX

SXX Post Master General

Can you explain how exactly it's "still broken"? :(
    You mean it's reloaded with other broken image?

Unfortunately it's Mesa bug and it's won't be fixed until LLVM shader compiler goes default for R600. Though can check my shader replacement:
    https://forums.uberent.com/threads/linux-foss-drivers-issues-and-fixes.51007/#post-779846
    It's will also looks weird in current version especially with HDR, but still better than default one.
  2. SXX

SXX Post Master General

Also I'd remember why it's might happen if some Coherent UI processes that still alive after you exit previous instance of game. In this situation debug port (127.0.0.1:9999) remain busy and new instance of Coherent can't use it. As result fixing script doesn't work.

To fix that do "ps aux | grep CoherentUI_Host.bin" and if you see any processes kill them. Then start game and everything will work fine.
  3. Trelotrino

Trelotrino New Member

Okay it seems that I did not payed attention to the guides in this thread, sorry about that. :S
    The cursor now works properly after I applied the javascript code.

However after the 58678 build came out the game always crashes after I try to load a game or preview a star system that I created in the system builder. The 58772 did not solved this problem.
  4. DeathByDenim

DeathByDenim Post Master General

Yeah, that's a new bug unfortunately. See this thread. They fixed it for the Mac people and some Linux people, but not all...
  5. admorgan

admorgan New Member

This patch has been working great for me, but all of a sudden in 58772 it does not seem to have any effect. I get all kinds of random images for my cursor and I am never sure what my icons are going to be. I was wondering if this was due to the changes mentioned about the mod system. I am running on Gentoo.
  6. SXX

SXX Post Master General

You can just try to apply javascript fix, then it's won't depend on mod system.

Most often reason which "break fix" it's not available 9999 port. Usually old process of Coherent that remain running (after you exit game) cause that.
  7. admorgan

admorgan New Member

I already checked for the old process and have never encountered that situation. I will just make the javascript fix and see what happens.

8. stuiver

stuiver New Member

I have this problem with the latest beta Catalyst drivers on an up-to-date Arch Linux installation, and the mesa mod fix does not work for me. Is there anything else I can try? I have gotten around the black screen in menu issue by the ctrl+p fix, and if I can fix this then the game will finally be playable for me. Any suggestions? :)
  9. wheeledgoat

wheeledgoat Well-Known Member

patching that code at the beginning of start.js worked great for me! no more big 'ole block instead of a cursor.

too bad I still can't play a game due to persistent crashes while trying to load. ah, such is beta. been waiting a long time to try PA out, hope I can play on Linux soon!
  10. SXX

SXX Post Master General

11. wheeledgoat

wheeledgoat Well-Known Member

12. knobmuffin

knobmuffin New Member

Hey guys,

I have Ubuntu 14.04 with a Geforce 315M with nvidia-331 drivers installed. Bumblebee/optirun/primusrun all work fine and I can play other games like Day Of Defeat just fine. When I play the game using primusrun / nvidia card the game loads fine but no cursor. I have tried the fixs here, primusrun sh start.sh and adding in the few lines of javascript to start.js but I still get no cursor when running with nvidia card.

Any ideas?
  13. DeathByDenim

DeathByDenim Post Master General

I had that too. See here for a fix:
    https://forums.uberent.com/threads/nvidia-optimus-on-newer-notebooks.49195/page-3#post-885101
  14. iuvius

iuvius New Member

I have tried all the stuff on this thread but nothing seems to work.
  15. wmbonfiglio

wmbonfiglio New Member

I have used the javascript code on /media/ui/main/game/start/start.js and it worked!

Before I have applied the dMesaUiFix on /media/ui/mods/ and the coursor appered, but it was bugged.

Thanks guys, and I hope developers solve this problem ASAP, because we don't want that all linux user needs to use console to play (or to do anything).
  16. jorgenpt

jorgenpt Uber Programmer Uber Alumni

Does the cursor problem occur without the mod, in build 68331? (Which we just released now.)
  17. SXX

SXX Post Master General

Yes, problem is here. Reloading Coherent View still fixing it.
  18. juanmatog

juanmatog New Member

I do not know if this is the right time to expose my problem but I think it has to do instead. My English is not very good, but I hope to explain my problem. In Kubuntu 13.04, the cursor or mouse pointer always appears corrupt, the game seems fine, but the on-screen cursor always goes wrong. In Windows 7 operating properly.

Thank you
  19. SXX

SXX Post Master General

20. pyosanoos

pyosanoos New Member

Meh, it's not working for me, plus other glitches are still here :(

Fedora 21, core i5-3320M.

--software-ui though works.

PS Ugh, can't even link to pastebin. How much posts I need to post non-whitelisted links?

Attached Files: