Neutrino: How are the PA sales?

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by Daddie, March 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BradNicholson

BradNicholson Uber Employee Uber Alumni

Now's not the right time to talk about another phase of development. And it's doubtful the Unit Cannon will make it into the 1.0 build on release day.

I'm just throwing my hands up in the air on the rest of your points. I can't / don't want to argue about the way you feel. I'm sorry you're so frustrated and annoyed, though, as that seems to be a theme.
  2. drz1

drz1 Post Master General

Meh, I'm happy as long as you want to implement it eventually. Which I recall you saying. Keep on truckin'.
    LavaSnake and Murcanic like this.
  3. BradNicholson

BradNicholson Uber Employee Uber Alumni

Thanks, dude. Appreciate it. We will.
    LavaSnake, Murcanic and drz1 like this.
  4. LavaSnake

LavaSnake Post Master General

I second this. I completely understand why it's best to add it after release, and hey it's your game uber, we're just the fans. :)
    wheeledgoat likes this.
  5. iron420

iron420 Well-Known Member

"Is Gamma the last phase before release?" <-- this is a question about Gamma specifically. I don't want info on the next phase, I'm asking about this 1.
    Thanks for answering this as best you can. I am honestly upset about the decision to go to 1.0 early, and I don't understand it. As long as those things are clear to Uber, I've done all I can about it here on the forums.
    ace63 and vyolin like this.
  6. aevs

aevs Post Master General

This is something that I've been wondering about, since I'm a bit naive about how much work the unit cannon and multi-unit transports will need. It seems odd that this feature would take so much development time, and if that's the case I can completely understand why it is low priority since the payoff for the time invested would be low.

I guess I would just like to know why the unit cannon will require so much attention to bring into a functional state. Maybe a post about how you guys plan to tackle it could help put things into perspective.
  7. carlorizzante

carlorizzante Post Master General

I'm sorry Brad. I've seen these things happening before.

What you are actually saying is that you guys lost control on your baby. And someone else is now dictating the agenda.

If that's true, it is very bad for a Kickstarter project. You basically sold our investment to an other entity that now is deciding what we will get, and what we will not.

Proof of that? Just google it for Planetary Annihilation Nordic Games, where your press release stated that the game will be publish when it's done, and it is now published when it has to be done.

You guys at Uber have my sympathy. It should be tough, and not that nice.

But I personally feel like you fooled me.
    iron420 likes this.
  8. iron420

Whoa... really? This is news to me. Can you please elaborate? Nordic Games bought Uber or just PA? How can they sell and unfinished game backed on kickstarter? It would certainly explain why they won't explain the sudden 180 in design philosophy! This just gets worse and worse....

Uber has not only made a fool of itself, but of me too. I talked this game up so much to everyone I know... That ends today.

Edit: http://www.joystiq.com/2013/12/15/nordic-games-handling-retail-online-release-for-planetary-annih/

'When said partnership will result in finished copies for everyone is currently up in the air though, as Uber's "when it's done" mentality is focused on launching PA when the developer feels "confident about its level of polish."'

Looks like Nordic is throwing Uber under the bus for the timing of the release date too lol. Well, they made that bed and now they will have to sleep in it...
  9. cptconundrum

cptconundrum Post Master General

:rolleyes: Oh you kids...

Uber made an agreement with Nordic Games to do the retail distribution, since this is not something the developers have experience with. They still own the rights to their game.
  10. FSN1977

FSN1977 Active Member

wow you guys are really using all ur energy to miscredit Uber, don't you? wait for the release and then cry about it, we "can" be like 3 month from release.... alot can happen, still
  11. krakanu

krakanu Well-Known Member

Source: http://www.joystiq.com/2013/12/15/nordic-games-handling-retail-online-release-for-planetary-annih/

Even when the partnership was made, they are still stating that they will release it when its done. Honestly, what the hell are you guys on about?

Also, you guys get so caught up in versions and phases when it means literally nothing. It doesn't make a hill-'o-beans of difference to me whether the unit cannon comes out in version 0.1 or 99999.999 or phase omega or alpha. They will release the unit cannon when they are done coding it and ready to add it to the game.

You keep linking kickstarter as if it was the bible for this game. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't believe it states anywhere that all those features they mentioned will be in and 100% developed at launch on version 1.0 of the game.

Your crusade of doom-and-gloom across the forums is seriously starting to get on my nerves. This is a video game, not some politician running for office to have their every action scrutinized. Uber isn't claiming to be some diety and the kickstarter page is not their bible. They are human beings making a video game to make money. They have not claimed to be anything else. Why do you act shocked when they make a move that would earn them more money?

I'm not trying to white knight for Uber, but taking offense when they make changes to plans they made over a year ago seems odd to me.
    Quitch, aevs, FSN1977 and 1 other person like this.
  12. aevs

aevs Post Master General

Just for the record, the Nordic Games site does have a listed release date.
    They also have subs listed as a release feature though, so who knows how up-to-date that is.
    Honestly I think you guys are overreacting.
    LavaSnake likes this.
  13. LavaSnake

Thank you! You're completely right and I hope the doom and gloomers take the time to read and consider that. Uber's done an awesome job and they are committed to making this game the best it can be.
  14. iron420

[​IMG]
  15. FSN1977

FSN1977 Active Member

Friends have patience.
  16. LavaSnake

Seriously, look at what Uber has really said about this deal with Nordic. Nordic's basically just a reseller, like amazon or ebay. They already sell it on Steam for crying out loud! How's this any different?
  17. carlorizzante

carlorizzante Post Master General

Hopefully I am wrong (underlined!). But I am pretty confident that you guys will change your mind along with the next months. Otherwise, I will change mine.

I'll keep watching ;)

ps. I have patience, I've never been in a hurry to see version 1.0 of this game. It is Uber that's is in a hurry to release it.
    iron420 likes this.
  18. krakanu

krakanu Well-Known Member

Unless I have to pay extra for the unit cannon (or something else that was "promised" on kickstarter), I will not feel slighted at all. I don't care what version it comes out with (or how long it takes) as long as its free (for people who bought the game already).

The unit cannon will not come out any sooner if they delay the V1.0 release. I don't see why it matters what version it is part of, as long as it gets in at some point and its free. If they want to do some polish work before they work on it, that's their prerogative.
    LavaSnake likes this.
  19. nofear1299

nofear1299 Active Member

Agh. This thread is done. Well done guys on ruining a perfectly constructive thread with all your bullshit.

It will get in, end of story.

Nordic partnership only deals with the retail distribution, they have **** all control over the game. So stop this "oh you fooled me" crap. They just did it so they don't have to handle the boxing etc(I don't know, maybe because it's pretty expensive to burn 1000's of disks and print boxes?)

You guys are overreacting. I'll rather have all the features done when they are properly done than get a feature that's half baked and just causes more issues.

Edit - also they are cranking out features so quickly it's ridiculous. The coding involved is insane, and I'm just getting tired of you guys swinging your dicks around like you own the show. We all paid in we all have a stake in the game - some more than others - but at the end of the day you can not fault Uber's speed at which they turn features out. If they can make the game 1000x faster as opposed to putting in a giant unit gun then I'll take the former thanks.
    brianpurkiss, LavaSnake and FSN1977 like this.
  20. LavaSnake

The biggest reason for the Nordic partnership is the distribution. (At least that's what I've gathered from the announcements and such.) Anyone can print a box and toss a disc in it, but it takes connections and history to get your game to appear in stores like GameStop and Best Buy. Nordic has those connections and Uber doesn't, hence this deal.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.