[REQ] Mumble overlay

Discussion in 'Mod Discussions' started by teddythebear, March 11, 2014.

1. teddythebear

teddythebear Member

According to http://mumble.sourceforge.net/Overlay the built-in overlay only works on 32bit OpenGL. I think mumble supports a web interface but I don't know if that can be made to work with the UI in PA.
  2. tatsujb

tatsujb Post Master General

I don't see why not PA is hybrid, it's interface is 32 bit while it's caclulations are 64bit.

it uses seperate executables for the interface, a program called CoherentUI, a part of chrome.
  3. teddythebear

teddythebear Member

My guess is that all the UI stuff is rendered into a OpenGL 'surface' or something like that.
  4. cptconundrum

cptconundrum Post Master General

It used Coherent UI, which is basically just Webkit. The OpenGL layer is displayed under that.
  5. SXX

SXX Post Master General

@teddythebear explain it perfectly right. Coherent render UI, but when "UI frame" is done it's displayed to you by PA engine as surface on top of other rendered elements.
    wondible likes this.
  6. SXX

SXX Post Master General

You're totally correct here, UI rendered to texture and displayed by game engine. Some of configs of this part of engine can be found in /media/shaders/misc.json.

Actually it's not something you need I guess.

If Mumble actually have HTML UI that can be opened in browser it's mean you can open it in PA UI because it's just Chromium (Google Chromium) with some goodies for integration into game.
  7. Tripax

Tripax Member

teddythebear and proeleert like this.