Remove the Pre-Loaded Anti-Nuke Missile

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by brianpurkiss, March 8, 2014.

1. tehtrekd

tehtrekd Post Master General

That'd be really, REALLY cool.

Although my paranoid self would probably hear it and be like "HOLY ****, THEY DID IT! THEY ATTACKED CRIMEA! EVERY MAN FOR HIMSELF!"
    Geers likes this.
  2. iron420

iron420 Well-Known Member

Fixed that for you....

Seriously, nerfing the anitnuke is the last thing we need to do! LOL Who needs an anti-nuke building with no anti-nukes on it? Definition of useless. Uber's time is better spent devising a complete replacement for that unit...
    vyolin likes this.
  3. brianpurkiss

brianpurkiss Post Master General

If you were to actually think about it, this not nerfing the anti-nuke at all.

Currently the cost of building the anti-nuke is the cost of the launcher plus a missile, which is why it costs so much. That confuses new players who think the anti-nuke launcher is crazy expensive and not worth building.

It should start building the missile automatically when it's finished building the launcher and viola, everything stays the same and players don't get confused.

The metal cost remains exactly the same, just the building process changes so it's exactly the same as everything else.

It's not nerfed when the nuke doesn't come with a missile, or a bot factory doesn't come with a bot automatically rolling off.

You gotta build the factory, and then build the unit – which in this case is building the launcher and then building the missile. It would then function exactly like every single other building in the entire game.
    Quitch likes this.
  4. iron420

How many times will this get tried before you are willing to try some different mechanics? Seriously it's just a matter of time so you guys could wait for mods or take the initiative. Why waste time and money?
  5. brianpurkiss

Hey, the Peregrine isn't balanced properly.

Since it isn't balanced, we should just toss aside the entire concept of a fighter rather than adjust the cost/range/hp/damage, right?
  6. iron420

It shouldn't have ammo to begin with, so trying to make ammo work is like trying to force a round peg in a square hole. Of course it's confusing! It's 1 of only 2 units in the whole game that uses ammo. People can learn if the game is confusing, but people will play a different game even once they learn it if the game isn't fun. Who cares how easy a boring game is to learn?
    Last edited: March 9, 2014
  7. brianpurkiss

Except people aren't confused by the ammo system.

People understand the ammo system just fine.
  8. iron420

Peregrine isn't a fundamentally broken concept (aside from being a straight up upgrade to T1). I don't even know why I humor you Brian....

Edit: Here's an example of your trolling getting to me Brian. I shouldn't even entertain such stupidity but I couldn't help but refute because of the sheer ridiculousness of your claims. Well done, Brain the troll king
    Last edited: March 9, 2014
  9. brianpurkiss

Because it's not like other games have used this system and have been excellent games.

Btw. Way to only focus on certain points I made and ignore others
  10. iron420

I only reply to comments worth the time of day to type a response. Most of what you said is so asinine it doesn't require me to poke holes in it for it to sink. People can read this post, see the points I came to make, see your pathetic straw man attempts and move on without the need to see us bicker back and forth pointlessly which is what would happen if I took your bait.
    bradaz85 likes this.
  11. brianpurkiss

Cool story bro.
    drz1 and stormingkiwi like this.
  12. stuart98

stuart98 Post Master General

Chill. This is a forum for civil discussion about a video game. If you want to insult people, go play some COD. The forum will be better without you.
    cptconundrum likes this.
  13. iron420

I'm gonna call out trolls when I see them and add my constructive points to the debate without derailing the thread while I'm at it
    [​IMG]
  14. DalekDan

DalekDan Active Member

None of which is happening here, sorry mate, but you and Brian have been off topic for a while now, and what do peregrines and ammo have to do with anti-nukes losing the starting missile but being made cheaper and auto-build to compensated exactly....? Less 'trolling'/'troll-spotting' please.
    drz1 and stuart98 like this.
  15. brianpurkiss

Just because someone has a different opinion than you doesn't mean they're trolling.
    stuart98 likes this.
  16. iron420

Trolling:
    Calling out the trolling
    My contribution to the subject
    Me trying not to derail the thread by taking troll bait
    Believe me, I've done everything I can to keep the thread on topic... I'm usually good at ignoring Brian's bait but sometimes it's just too hard to let the stuff he says go unchallenged. He also begs me to sink to his level and respond to the off topic stuff he posts. Like really, a post with the body "Cool story bro", what is that adding to the conversation?
    The peregrines bit was Brain's stellar contribution to the conversation. As for the ammo bit, it was my explanation for part of the reason why adjusting values is a waste of time for a unit in desperate need of whole new mechanics, not simple value changes.
    I'm as chill as could be bro, Brian asked for a reply to his other comments and he got it. I'm sorry the answer seemed to have offended you, but frankly
    [​IMG]
    and don't ask questions you don't want the answer to lol.

Anyway back to the topic.
  17. stuart98

stuart98 Post Master General

That gif.

'Tis lame.
  18. brianpurkiss

*sigh*

I'm done with this thread.

iron420 – you are so way off base on so many things.
  19. Geers

Geers Post Master General

It's ok I got this. I can fix it.

[​IMG]

Better?
  20. DalekDan

DalekDan Active Member

Sigh, this thread has been derailed by (a) hot head(s). Person A: Trolling is not what you think it is.... suggest google. Persons A and B stop replying to each-other for ****s sake.

Ok, back on track. Anti-nuke missile --- to the naysayers: how does removing the starting missile but reducing the price and build time of the structure and presumably the missile to be built more cheaply and quickly, automatically, make it any less or more effective than it is now?? The change will not be noticeable, in fact it is quite likely the chances of getting your anti up in time are improved.