Server Connection Lost / Server Crash

Discussion in 'Support!' started by garat, March 3, 2014.

1. ironcobra81

ironcobra81 New Member

Hopefully people are still following this thread.

To UBER,

I have read the forum post in its entirety. I don't seem to be having a problem with any T2 factories or bots of any kind. My disconnection happens on the same event every time. I have had about 12 or so disconnections and the common denominator in all of them is nukes.

My friend and I play the same game setting every time. 2 Players, V 2 AI, V 2 AI, V 1 AI. Across many systems, planet types, ect. I have had games go all the way to finish. But as far as connection loss goes. When someone nukes someone else. That is when the connection loss happens. It doesn't happen all the time. But that, in my experience is when it happens to me.

* side note.
    When an allied nuke passes over a friendly anti-nuke. The anti will shoot it down.
  2. shotforce13

shotforce13 Well-Known Member

Yeah when you smash a planet or nuke something my game freezes but doesnt crash.
  3. backdoornobaby

backdoornobaby New Member

So has there been any update to this?

I seem to have done it again. This is the third time I believe... From what I can tell, it doesn't have to do with any particular action I've done in the game. Every time it's lost connection/crashed, I have been doing something different. I want to say it has something to do with the amount of units the AI has, and when the AI decides to give ALL of it's units a command at the same time.

Each time I have lost connection though, The AI has gotten REALLY far ahead units wise. The number of units it keeps pumping out gets in the "retarded numbers" range. And from most of what I've seen, It doesn't even use half of them. At least not until it is attacked or has a target on radar.

Killing off an AI or player with a poop ton of units really helps the game's performance. And even though I haven't seen it actually cause a crash or lost connection, it can freeze up the game for a few seconds. Long enough to make you wonder if the game actually crashed.
  4. kongkillha

kongkillha Member

@garat I played a couple of games and after 10min we all (8players) experienced massive server lagg. Wheras you could give commands and everything to units, turn around the planet but all units were frozen. Nor would the chat work in this time. Messages popped up as soon as the server stopped lagging and the unites seemed already have been simulated on the server, because they already destroyed my enemies bases after the freeze.

This happened for about 5minutes, and the freezing periods where from a couple of seconds to a whole minute of standstill.

Happened to me (and to all the other people who were in the same game) in all 3 games I played recently.

TheGurken