1. jashfield730

jashfield730 New Member

When will a save/ resume game option be included, in about a month?
    I'm currently loving this game simply epic, but for more advanced units I need to be able to play for longer which is not possible. As I only play for about 1hr max
    Developers keep up the great work !
  2. Geers

Geers Post Master General

I see your post start's with "when will", therefore the answer is:

[​IMG]
    Last edited: March 8, 2014
  3. brianpurkiss

brianpurkiss Post Master General

Exactly.

Any time "when" is attached to a question, the answer is "soon."
  4. emraldis

emraldis Post Master General

When is the next time someone will ask a question with the word "when" in it?

[​IMG]
  5. acey195

acey195 Member

Saving "singleplayer" games would (practicly) require being able to be the "server" of your own game, currently it is all run by Uber. From what I've heard this atleast will not happen till very close to the actual release.

Alternatively it is possible for Uber to save the games on their cloud, but that would make it more expensive for them. Or a system is required that inputs locally saved data into the server stream...
  6. lokiCML

lokiCML Post Master General

I'm sorry but....
    SOON.png
    thetrophysystem likes this.
  7. lokiCML

lokiCML Post Master General

As acey195 said they don't plan to release the server until or around release then you'd be able to save games.;)
  8. GoodOak

GoodOak Active Member

Wait ... what? So you can't just answer every reasonable question with a picture that says SOON on it? Huh ... who'd have thought.
  9. carlorizzante

carlorizzante Post Master General

Actually there are smarter ways to do so.

For instance, the client could save the savegame which should contain a key. The server could then store just the key. The key then could simply represent the result of an algorithm related to the sum of the data contained in the savegame. So, if the savegame will be manipulated, the key will not longer work.

That way Uber would save tons of space on their servers, as well as bandwidth.
  10. Geers

Geers Post Master General

We could save even more space (literally) by encoding it into DNA. This is one of the reasons I said they need 50 billion dollars.
    carlorizzante likes this.
  11. tylerseacrest

tylerseacrest Member

It should be noted that one can build every unit in the game in about 30 minutes if there good. An hour should be all you need to check out the most advanced units.
  12. carlorizzante

carlorizzante Post Master General

Actually, given a big enough planet (so that the AI doesn't find you or harass you early on) one could skip forward to T2 almost immediately.