[REL] [CMM] Hotbuild2 v1.51 [113578]

Discussion in 'Released Mods' started by proeleert, December 8, 2013.

1. keterei

keterei Active Member

In the hotbuild tab under settings, there is an import/export button. Copy that text file, then go into the game, press on the import/export button, then choose import. Next, inside the box press ctrl+v to paste the text into the field, then press accept or okay (I think)? After that your settings should be the same, and you can view how it is all layed out under the keyboard and hotbuild tabs.
  2. tatsujb

tatsujb Post Master General

oh thanks!
    keterei likes this.
  3. midspark

midspark Member

Can I make a suggestion? In the menu, if a unit/building does not have a key macro'd to it, can that unit/building be a different color? I always try to remember which units I haven't added but it gets annoying having to go between the game and menu.
    zaphodx likes this.
  4. j4cko

j4cko Member

Not that it is a big problem but is there any chance that "Load' order for transport can be added? (now only unload under " i" present)

Also if this is possible i'm using toggle move orders and toggle fire mode to be also usefull - adding tooltips to ui next to the order as rest orders would be awesome :)

One more thing - is it possible to somehow order transport to do ferry mode like in supreme commander? I thought it's possible with load/unload area command but as you may guess to no avail.

Oh.. attaching my hotkeys with all added buildings and a bit rearranged keys for ease of use.

Ninja edit: @midspark my file has all stuff added ;D Was missing halleys, ground orbital defense laser etc ;)

Attached Files:

5. proeleert

proeleert Post Master General

Lovely idea thx
  6. ORFJackal

ORFJackal Active Member

A bunch of requests for improvement:

Why does hotbuild have its own key settings for "Toggle Energy" and "Requeue" instead of using the already built-in "Toggle Energy Orders" and "Toggle Build Orders"? IIRC, earlier those were not built-in, but now they are.

Is it really necessary to have all the basic commands (Move, Attack, Patrol etc.) duplicated? I've understood that those are case-insensitive, but would it be possible to use the built-in settings and do the case-insensitivity under the hood?

For the above actions, hotbuild only shows their hotkey hints in the UI when they have been set using hotkey's own setting fields. Why can't it show the hints also for the built-in setting fields?

When using hotkeys longer than a single key, the hotkey hints go on top of the icons. This makes it hard to e.g. see the state of the energy toggle, as shown below. It would be better to change the text's alignment so that long text will expand to the left instead of to the right.

[​IMG]
    Quitch likes this.
  7. proeleert

Basically because I'm lazy. I'm aware of all those things and they were already on my to do list. Hopefully I can do some work on this soon ....
    Quitch and ORFJackal like this.
  8. tatsujb

I don't agree with this, screen space is invaluable and considering the text is transparent I don't see the problem.
  9. ORFJackal

ORFJackal Active Member

Here's a fix to the sidebar key hints:

In hotbuild.css change the .hbsidebarkey to have right: 40px; instead of left.

After that change it'll look like this:

[​IMG]
    Antiglow and Quitch like this.
  10. tatsujb

that does look more presentable. :eek:
  11. tripper

tripper Active Member

Is it just me or has hotbuild2 stopped working in recent patches? Because it's not working at all for me and generally breaking the ui and making things exceedingly difficult to select unless you click icons/units /buildings 'just right'.

I've turned it off for now but is there a way to fix this in a way that doesn't delete all the systems I've made?
  12. tatsujb

I think you're right.
  13. proeleert

Guess I'm a victim of a new build. Will check when I'm back from work.
  14. mishtakashi

mishtakashi Active Member

My hotbuild has been working fine - used it fine in my game just now. If you have old planet systems I don't think they will be flawless with the updating builds and all that - personally I'm not saving any systems atm bc of that
  15. Fr33Lancer

Fr33Lancer Well-Known Member

I had some issue with Hotbuild lately (disabled all other mods), not with the 2 latest patches from today, but just before.
    Symptoms were that I was unable to select units (some or all) in factory.
    The mouse-over which should highlight the selection (green highlight) was not working, and I had not configured any key for unit.
    Reinstalling from PAMM (or uninstalling / installing) didn't work, had to restore community defaults and import previous configuration to make it work back.
  16. proeleert

Hmm that's odd , sounds like a css bug when no key is assigned. I will test when home.
  17. Fr33Lancer

Fr33Lancer Well-Known Member

For my particular issue, to give you more context, I had no key assigned to any unit, and for instance I was able, with an air factory, to highlight/build fabber with ease, scout with some difficulty (not all the square area worked), and fighter / bomber were totally unavailable.
    Looked like there was some invisible overlay preventing to click them.
    Of course, had I defined key, I wouldn't have been stuck ;)
  18. ORFJackal

ORFJackal Active Member

I noticed the same thing. I was able to click and drag the invisible layer so that it would not anymore be in the way.
    Fr33Lancer likes this.
  19. proeleert

Looks like Uber is also working on a hotbuild implementation.
    Already did a test with their system, works fine.

Seems Nice.
    Just no UI for settings.
    But I think I'll be able to hook it up to my hotbuild2 settings tab.

https://github.com/pietervanh/uberHotbuild

Don't touch the settings :p working on it.
    Hotbuild should work , see settings to see which buttons are hotbuild buttons (looks like they copied wasd community defaults)

Lot's to do :) Hope I'll have a conversion path between hotbuild2 settings and uber hotbuild ready untill they release it ...
    Last edited: March 8, 2014
  20. ORFJackal

ORFJackal Active Member

What? :eek: Where can I learn more about what they are doing?