Am i the only one who would like to hear The Final Countdown(By Europe)?

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by TheBluefatty, March 3, 2014.

?

Would you like the Annihilation music to be The Final Countdown?

1. Yes

2 vote(s)
    6.5%
  2. No

22 vote(s)
    71.0%
  3. I've never heard of that song

1 vote(s)
    3.2%
  4. Doesn't matter to me

6 vote(s)
    19.4%
  1. TheBluefatty

TheBluefatty New Member

To elaborate on the title, would anyone else like to "see" the song, The Final Countdown as the music that plays when you send a planet for annihilation? I mean, it would make sense seeing as when you annihilate a planet, EVERYTHING dies. Anyway, this is just something that popped into my head. Not a big deal if no one else wants it, just thought I'd throw it out there.
  2. tatsujb

tatsujb Post Master General

missing a poll vote "I know how to turn of in-game music and have a functional music app".
    Geers and tehtrekd like this.
  3. SolitaryCheese

SolitaryCheese Post Master General

It would be... rather immersion breaking, in my humble opinion. The song just doesn't seem to fit.
    cmdandy and TheBluefatty like this.
  4. zaphodx

zaphodx Post Master General

I'd rather they used the money needed for the license to buy Brad some dumbbells because he needs to buff up.
    stuart98, shootall, Raevn and 8 others like this.
  5. TheBluefatty

TheBluefatty New Member

Thanks for your feedback! And i know i could always just turn off the music and listen to it via a media player or something. I was saying that it would only play when you annihilate a planet, and now that i think about it, i could always Alt+Tab out of the game and do it manually. Also, i agree that it isn't a very important or needed change, i just thought, "Hey, what if-?".
  6. cptconundrum

cptconundrum Post Master General

It is probably possible for mods to capture the command to play music at a certain time and replace it. Someone will most likely do that as a mod at some point.
  7. tatsujb

tatsujb Post Master General

GAHHH ! there you go, you likes farmer! you're ruining usssss ! ruuiiiiiniiiinnng usss I say! ;)
    zaphodx likes this.
  8. tehtrekd

tehtrekd Post Master General

The license would probably be a bit pricey.
    But then again I have no idea about licensing costs, so hey, maybe it's worth a couple dollars or something.
  9. abubaba

abubaba Well-Known Member

Usually I am annoyed by questions starting with the words "Am I the only one...", because almost always the answer is no, but in this case I believe the answer is a resounding YES.
  10. arsene

arsene Active Member

It's a cheesy 80's song. Move with the times. What next, Eye of the Tiger as battle music?
    aevs and SolitaryCheese like this.
  11. SolitaryCheese

SolitaryCheese Post Master General

Technically, exactly one vote was casted to agree with him, but your point still stands. :rolleyes:
    TheBluefatty likes this.
  12. sporemaster18

sporemaster18 Member

Eh, my vote was more of a joke then anything. I don't ACTUALLY agree with him.
    SolitaryCheese likes this.
  13. abubaba

Yeah, his own vote. :cool: edit: ninja'd
    SolitaryCheese likes this.
  14. lokiCML

lokiCML Post Master General

All I used this:

and it would cost too much in licensing fees so no.;)
  15. arsene

arsene Active Member

Why don't game developers use existing classical music for their soundtrack, by the way? I've always wondered this, why go through the trouble of hiring a composer when you can take pieces that exist in the public domain?

The orchestral pieces in Starcraft 2's soundtrack are completely stolen, for instance. The first few times I heard it I kept thinking I was listening to the Star Wars soundtrack. And there is a piece where halfway through I literally have to remind myself every time I'm not listening to Mars by Holst. If you're going to write completely derivative music anyway, why not use existing pieces?
  16. Manwolf

Manwolf Member

I'd prefer this:

or this:

or even this:

why would want you listen to pseudo-rockers with fanned up hair in cheesy spandex when you just managed to set a moon in motion, man?! ;)
  17. abubaba

Lol.. why do anything new at all?
  18. Manwolf

Manwolf Member

royalties dude, royalties...they can be pretty costly...
  19. lokiCML

lokiCML Post Master General

You end up needing a orchestra anyways in order to get high-quality music. it's difficult to find really good recordings that are in the public domain. The scores created for the specific game so that the game comes alive. Order for something to be in the public domain depending on the country that the work was created in. Requires 50 or 75 years after the author's death. Look up the Berne convention if you want more information.
    Royalties do not exist when it is in the public domain. The public domain means that it is outside of copyright. Nobody has ownership over it.
    Last edited: March 3, 2014
  20. TheBluefatty

TheBluefatty New Member

I didn't vote Yes, i voted It doesn't matter to me.
    abubaba likes this.