The music

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by aulex, March 2, 2014.

1. mered4

mered4 Post Master General

Disappointed?

This game is just pure AWESOME.

How can you be disappointed in AWESOME?!
    someonewhoisnobody likes this.
  2. aulex

aulex New Member

Because it was not what I was looking for, i'm not going to go into detail because it will result in us pointlessly arguing and wasting space on the forum page, if you want to actual consider my opinion, pm me.
  3. mered4

That's all right. There are quite a few TA and Supcom *sequelers* around here.

I think they have a club. :p

Many of them have come to enjoy the game. You might yourself, you never know. :)
    stuart98 likes this.
  4. aulex

aulex New Member

I've played it and own it, so I know i'm not fond of it
    mered4 likes this.
  5. Ninjatactiks

Ninjatactiks New Member

Lol, I've just been playing the game with old school CnC music.
    vackillers likes this.
  6. pownie

pownie Active Member

I have to admit, by calmly saying that it's not hitting the right chords for you, and not elaborating on it, you're picking my interest in why that is so a lot more than those people who crap into the forum with their "PA sucks, because..." posts.

Well done.

No, I won't PM you about details, because that way it has no merit to me. Though by posting in the forum, in a civil manner (which to me you've already proven very well capable of) it might sprout a fruitful discussion. If not for a change of the game itself, maybe for a mod.
  7. zaphodx

zaphodx Post Master General

A girl can dream.
    sporemaster18 and mered4 like this.
  8. mered4

Zaphod Smackdown inbound.
    someonewhoisnobody likes this.
  9. lokiCML

lokiCML Post Master General

In order to convert you must have the music imported. Then select the tracks you want or select them all by holding down the shift then clicking on the very bottom one. Also you must make sure the top one selected first. now right-click on the files. Click on convert and choose your format you want to use wave, mp3:eek:, or ogg vorbis. Pick a decent bit rate. (ie mp3 CBR 320) Select a appropriate output directory. One more thing click on all songs they'll give you a better name for them.

Also what cptconundrum said. Please don't share it with anyone that doesn't own the game and don't upload it to any sharing sites.
    Last edited: March 3, 2014
    cola_colin likes this.
  10. carlorizzante

carlorizzante Post Master General

Actually, if you noticed, the music seems to respond to the developing of the game. As soon as you get attacked for the first time, the music changes. And when you take over the situation, the music changes again.

I'm not sure about that. But it feels awesome nonetheless.
  11. vackillers

vackillers Well-Known Member

I haven't noticed that yet but if its true, not sure if that is going to be a good thing or not, there are tons of games that have tried dynamic music depending on whats going on in the screen and failed miserably. What normally happens is you dont get to hear half of the music because of whats going on in the game will start looping the same music.
  12. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

Rightclick.... yeah. Thanks, now I don't have to use an extra player.
  13. lokiCML

lokiCML Post Master General

That's all done by design. The music is event driven in order to enhance the gaming experience. Just like a film score it enhances a film to get the texture and mood, etc. a videogame score does the same.
    Last edited: March 3, 2014
    carlorizzante likes this.
  14. aevs

aevs Post Master General

I wonder how mod-able the event music will be. For instance, I'd like to have different battle music on metal planets and desert planets than I would on an ice planet, and I'd love to have different ambient music for each planet type as well.
  15. cola_colin

There is code like that in live_game.js already I think.
  16. cptconundrum

cptconundrum Post Master General

Very nicely written!

Last night I tried to say the same thing, but I ended up erasing it because I couldn't say it in quite the way I wanted. I have a lot of respect for someone that can politely and rationally criticize the game without just complaining about it. The sad irony is that the people who make the least noise when showing disappointment in the game are the ones I want to hear most.
  17. mered4

*applause*

This man has reached a new state of earthly rapture previously held by astronauts returning from a Seychelles tour still a virgin.

Well done, sir. Well done.
  18. aevs

aevs Post Master General

There's different 'starting' music which depends on planet type, but I don't think there's any other biome-specific music settings. I could be wrong though.
  19. pownie

pownie Active Member

I feel rather condifent in saying that if you haven't noticed this yet, the dynamic music is not a bad thing.

Because it's been like this at least since Beta, when I got to play PA first.
  20. cola_colin

Not idea what it actually does, but I remember reading code that queries for planet specific music, yes