To All the Complainers.

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by dud10982, March 3, 2014.

1. dud10982

dud10982 New Member

To everyone that is complaining about the game. Whether its the game play, features, or just that they don't like it. Not to say bugs or issues of that matter, but personal hate opinions. Please keep it to yourself.

I honestly didn't like it when they were in alpha and most of beta stage, but I have come to love what Planetary Annihilation has become. The main point that I love about the Uber team is that they constantly release info and updates about what is going on. I have followed games in the past that wont release info about their own game for months at a time. nothing about whats new or what their trying to accomplish. Meanwhile, Uber creates videos showing in depth on whats new, what their personally working on, and what they want to improve on in game.

Yes, they're somewhat slow, but that's because since they don't have a deadline or someone pushing that deadline, they take their time with the game to make sure everything is in order before releasing a half baked game. Be happy that they allowed the fans to be part of the process in the first place.

Specifically to the Uber team. Thank you for all your hard work towards an awesome game. I for one, appreciate it.
    Sincerely Your Average Fan.
  2. Martenus

Martenus Well-Known Member

It is natural that so many complains appeared. Old players did not complain about anything, they knew the things and how is it working around here.

Now the PA probably quadrupled its daily players and all these newcomers know nothing about the game and the stage of developement, so when they encounter something broken, they immediatelly come here to complain.

I don't like it. I wish people did more research about the game and were just a little patient. The flood of complains will soon be again over, all those newcomers will become stable players and some will leave.

Let's just continue the way we always did, let's make some new friends and let's annihilate.
    Murcanic likes this.
  3. someonewhoisnobody

someonewhoisnobody Well-Known Member

PA is awesome
    Uber is awesome

If you are complaining about a game in beta(IK it's gamma but really...) then you probably didn't know what you where getting into. So sssshhhhh.
    krisquigley likes this.
  4. ikickasss

ikickasss Active Member

I think every game I see that comes out I see complainers. Thats just the next generation of gamers. Always complaining.
  5. Dementiurge

Dementiurge Post Master General

I'd rather hear what they have to say than sweep criticism under the rug.
    If you wish to improve, you must at least be open to your detractors... And every community is due for improvement.
    cdrkf, thekiller666, Quitch and 4 others like this.
  6. EdWood

EdWood Active Member

Well complaints are ok, if they are legit.

Buying into an Alpha and then complaining that it is an Alpha is not.

I totally understand where you are coming from, although I would say that Uber is not "slow".

Some stuff can only be released if it is in a releasable state... see Gamma phase...

But that is a good example how people actually complained about the social features not being necessary. But you have people working on it, while other people working on art, animation, orbital... when something is ready it will be released and then fixed, then improved.

People need to chill out and let Uber do the magic. So far the game, in this short amount of time, really came a long way already.

I doubt though that you post will change anything if not create troll behavior...lol
    iron420 likes this.
  7. tehtrekd

tehtrekd Post Master General

There's a difference between legitimate criticism and "wahhh I can't choose my second colour" though.
    iron420 and someonewhoisnobody like this.
  8. meir22344

meir22344 Active Member

The secondary color will be useful in large 40+ player games so it is legitimate criticism thank you.
    Shamuric, iron420, Quitch and 6 others like this.
  9. Xonoth

Xonoth New Member

So you are saying that they removed the secondary color option and that people complain about it is wrong? That's just scary.

Also in every single game forum once in a awhile a thread like this pops up but I strongly disagree. I don't know about you guys but I for one prefer a world with people complaining about every single idiotic thing they want than a world were peoples thoughths are forcefully silenced.

Anyway my point is simply take care what you wish for.
    vyolin and stormingkiwi like this.
  10. tehtrekd

Oh yeah, because everyone'll be looking at the secondary stripes that don't even show up in the strategic view instead of the primary solid colour that is ALL OVER the enemy army.

Makes perfect sense.
  11. meir22344

meir22344 Active Member

there has been talk of adding the secondary color to the strategic icons over in the threads regarding the secondary color so please read all of those before you say that it is not legitimate criticism.
    stonewood1612 likes this.
  12. tehtrekd

The point is, it's nonsensical to focus on stripes instead of the main colour, especially when people on different teams can't choose the same main colour.

Choosing your own second colour isn't important because the second colour offers nothing to help or even hinder gameplay.
  13. meir22344

meir22344 Active Member

As I said please read the threads reguarding secondary colors, it is true that at the moment the addition of secondary colors does not help or hinder the gameplay at the moment but then we haven't had massive games of 20-40+ people when you get to games that size the base color pallet that is in game at the moment starts to run out meaning that players only choice will be to chose a color that has already be taken by another player, secondary colors allow distinction between who's who in games with players using the same base color.
  14. tehtrekd

Because Uber totally can't add extra colours.
    But then again that argument was both boring and predictable, so let's assume they can't for a bit.

A difference in gameplay is something I'm still not seeing.

Do we really need distinction beyond "that thing is in the fog of war/attacking my ally, DESTROY IT!"?
    The AI of each unit is smart enough to fire on the enemy, and your cursor is smart enough to know what to show the attack icon on.
    Not to mention multi-planet starts will probably be in before 40 player games, so then you have the next advantage of "nothing on my team is on that planet, DESTROY IT!"
  15. meir22344

meir22344 Active Member

Ok so how many base colors do you want in the game???

Do you want 3-4 different variations of the same color that at a glance you might mistake for a different player or do you want primary and secondary colors that tell you who the hell it is the moment you look at it???

primary only colors have been done to death in just about every RTS to date why not mix it up.
  16. tehtrekd

Getting a vibe of "read the first line and replied instantly" here.
    stormingkiwi likes this.
  17. stormingkiwi

stormingkiwi Post Master General

Re Secondary colours

The developers thought they were an unimportant and unnoticed feature.

The backlash indicates that isn't the case.

Also, for me personally, I would much rather that this screenshot was of a black and red bumblebee, not a black and green one.
    2014-03-03_00007.jpg
  18. carlorizzante

carlorizzante Post Master General

You have your opinion. Other have their own opinion. And it may be different than yours.

It's really that simple.
    vyolin, xanoxis and meir22344 like this.
  19. aulex

aulex New Member

Yes very much this, Orb and I had a debate with PA vs FA, it basically ended up with us wanting a different experience. It's all about opinion
    iron420 and cptconundrum like this.
  20. meir22344

meir22344 Active Member

Actually I did fully read your previous post and the different colors affect on the fly strategic planing so if your managing 3-4 different planets and different people have different shades of lets say green on the fly you might mistake them for being one player rather than 2-3 different players secondary colors tell you up front who is who even when they are using said different shades of green.