Tank Commander - PA minigame v1.5 (closed)

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by ozonexo3, March 1, 2014.

1. stuart98

stuart98 Post Master General

I don't know about everyone else, but I'd rather the player controlled unit be a dox than a PHAATTI.
  2. ozonexo3

ozonexo3 Active Member

try to change your nickname. If you played before when leaderboards was broken it can be blocked.
    We can say this is in alpha phase. Everything was made in few hours and is not testet.
  3. FXelix

FXelix Active Member

How can you wirte this in 24 hours :eek: this is so good which programm do you use? And are you a profi programmer? Tell me dat stuff :3 please
  4. sporemaster18

sporemaster18 Member

Okay it worked, thanks! Now let's see how long I can stay at the top...
  5. ozonexo3

ozonexo3 Active Member

Its created in C# in Unity3D engine, and I think this engine is greate for such games. + Photoshop + Maya and you have everything you need.
    Im technical artist in my work, I need to be sure that everything that 2D/3D artist wants will work in game.
    Im also studying "Art of new media" (just a Computer art :) ) I spended many hours working with unity in my work making prototypes, so its quite easy for me.
    websterx01 likes this.
  6. stuart98

stuart98 Post Master General

Can we have some different arenas?

Metal. Planets. Are. Mandatory.
  7. wheeledgoat

wheeledgoat Well-Known Member

well, ozone, it's simply badass to the rest of us! nicely done!!

and the MUSIC! omg it's perfect and awesome. who / what / where?

oh: and since it sounds like you know what you're talking about - is there a linux alternative/version of unity? i have to sit down at my <shutter> windows machine to play... gives me the creeps.
  8. ozonexo3

ozonexo3 Active Member

Music: Howard Mostrom, from Planetary Annihilation :D This soundtrack was added in Gamma and I think is best (this one in menu)

Unity: No, unity is only for Windows or Mac
    http://unity3d.com/unity/download/archive
  9. ace902902

ace902902 Active Member

how about making little caves in the sides of the map where the enemies could come out from, an a bit of code where it makes them spawn on the other ones, when the spawn point is in your vision radius.
  10. czashen

czashen New Member

Man!

I am a student who wants to get into programming games a lot, so after I take the biggest exams in my life in two months, I will definitely be looking into something like this.

I am pretty excited about making something on my own, I was when uber mentioned it on the stream (like you said), that got my excitement to grow a lot but after seeing this... ho-lee.. that is epic :)

I know C++ the best really, can I use Unity and use C++ ? Plus one more question about modeling stuff - you mentioned Maya, is Blender fine? I know Blender and it is free (hey, I know it is not Maya, but it is certainly more reachable than Maya for a poor guy who doesn't even own PA even though I am lovin' it) :)

So double thanks! Thanks for getting me even more excited on starting to do this on my own AND thank you for allowing me to play at least something like PA, while I can't afford PA... :)

Steve :)
  11. ozonexo3

ozonexo3 Active Member

No, unity support only C# and Java Script. But they are easy, and unity has great support and Script Reference.

Blender... problem with blender is that it is free. You can work in it, do what you want, but i think its not comfort to work in it.
  12. sporemaster18

sporemaster18 Member

Oh wow, somehow I got it into my head that if I got a higher score it would just update my place in the leaderboards rather than make another place. Hehe, I wish I had the time and commitment to fill up the whole board with my scores...
  13. ozonexo3

ozonexo3 Active Member

this is made like in old games. To make it diffrent there will need to be all that login, and profile creation that i hate making.
  14. someonewhoisnobody

someonewhoisnobody Well-Known Member

15. czashen

czashen New Member

For some reason my message wasn't sent? So this was what I wanted:

Yeah, Blender, let's be honest about this, is pain in the *** :D But I have kinda learned the ropes year or two ago, so it shouldn't be a problem.

Also -- do you know how different languages C# and C++ are? I am guessing C# will be not that hard to learn if I already use C++? Any inight on this? :)

Game is great, my dream is to do something like this that people would enjoy as well, one day :)
  16. vackillers

vackillers Well-Known Member

17. kvalheim

kvalheim Post Master General

Pretty damn hard XD
  18. ace902902

ace902902 Active Member

currently you move by w=up s=down d=right a=left
    can you please make it an option to move w=forward s= backward d=turn right a= turn left
  19. byrnghaer

byrnghaer Active Member

Needs some weapon and explosion sounds. Other than that it's very nice!
  20. zweistein000

zweistein000 Post Master General

Hey how about you actually drive the commander around and shoot stuff with your ubercannon/uber charge?
    FXelix and stuart98 like this.