Can you no longer the economy settings?

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by Abaddon1, February 27, 2014.

1. Abaddon1

Abaddon1 Active Member

Before the update, on the old UI, it was pretty obvious how to change your own/the AI's economy settings for screwing around/testing purposes. Can you no longer do this, or am I just blind and not seeing it in the new UI?
  2. cptconundrum

cptconundrum Post Master General

They accidentally the economy controls. ;)

They will bring them back in a future build.
  3. brianpurkiss

brianpurkiss Post Master General

It's a known bug.

It'll be added back through a hotfix. Hopefully tomorrow? :-D
  4. Pokletu

Pokletu New Member

Man, I hope so.

I get pwnt SO FAST by the AI.

Are most guys really able to beat them?
  5. LavaSnake

LavaSnake Post Master General

I'm not that great and I just killed two of them today. This thread will help you get better though: https://forums.uberent.com/threads/help-for-the-n00bs.56860/
    Also, the AI is a little stupid right now with its commander. It will use the commander to defend it's base against tanks and bots so if you hit one side of its base hard you can lure the com out and kill it with gunships with can't be hit by the uber cannon.
  6. someonewhoisnobody

someonewhoisnobody Well-Known Member

There seems to be a bug where the AI will Com rush you when there isn't really any good reason to. They said its a known bug.
    stormingkiwi likes this.
  7. nlaush

nlaush Active Member

Testing against the AI and I have been beating them all morning without any difficulty. Usually within the first 20 min the game is over. They are getting very suicidal with their commanders in this patch.
  8. sneakersotoole

sneakersotoole New Member

I am extremely glad to hear that the AI economy settings are coming back. I absolutely loved them as I could tweak it to get exactly the game I wanted "Overwhelming Odds with a Small Chance of Victory": tick, "Cakewalk": tick, "Knife-Edge Balance": tick. This single feature made PA the best RTS ever while it was in "Beta", at least for me.

Thank you, its good to know its coming back. :)

Sneakers O' Toole
    drz1 likes this.
  9. drz1

drz1 Post Master General

Don't forget that Sorian is also aiming to have different personalities for the AI in future, to have specific styles of game. Personally this sounds amazing!