For Backers Only: AI building stuff

Discussion in 'Backers Lounge (Read-only)' started by Sorian, July 19, 2013.

1. Quitch

Quitch Post Master General

Does 62110 resolve this bug?
  2. Sorian

Sorian Official PA

Yes
    Quitch likes this.
  3. camycamera

camycamera Member

so, i just got my *** handed by an AI by getting my main base destroyed, and my escape route, a moon, blown up by a nuke, blowing me up in the process. good job Sorian :D

[​IMG]
  4. nixtempestas

nixtempestas Post Master General

I can beat the normal AI easily enough, but when set on hard that thing is just nasty.

I was using gunships to hold off attacking waves of tanks on the main planet while I poured bots through a teleporter onto a contested moon. I finally won the ground war on the moon when all my power on my main base got rapid fire nuked and then my commander got laser sat sniped while my orbital radar was down.

It still doesn't handle naval very well, even on hard it is pretty easy. I'm guessing this will get fixed over the next patches.
  5. stormingkiwi

stormingkiwi Post Master General

I think it figures out it can't afford multiple naval factories and instead decides to tech.

And teching on naval planets is suicide unless you can tech faster than your opponent can get to you.

Which is as it should be.
  6. Quitch

On Hard it doesn't build factories anywhere near quickly enough. I had a second up before the AI, which just isn't right. It must really be floating.
    stormingkiwi likes this.
  7. wondible

wondible Post Master General

Yeah, with too much eco it builds storage and fabbers instead of just spamming factories.
  8. nixtempestas

it also spams defenses it seems
  9. b4njo

b4njo New Member

First post here. Bought the game in Beta and was surprised to see that Sorian himself is working for Uber on the AI (SupCom) :)

Yesterday i played "Team Armies" coop with a friend against a duo of AI on hard settings. Really nice improvements!
    To build up nuke defenses is a must have. One single defense isnĀ“t enough ;)

We lost the fight on the second planet and where nuked from there on the startplanet in some areas (even with defense). But the only thing the AI did not build was a nuke defense and so we could nuke him to death.

The AI had a lot of stuff on the planet but no nuke defense(s). Does the AI even build nuke defenses?
  10. nixtempestas

it can but rarely does.

Would be nice if the AI built more of them to protect their commander.
  11. ace902902

ace902902 Active Member

currently, the ai always has one spot where it has a bunch of turrets clustered near absolutely nothing.
  12. igncom1

igncom1 Post Master General

It's finicky, for sure, but the AI does do a good job of littering it's base with enough defences to support it's troops.

I just wish it could get better at producing units and using them.
  13. Quitch

Hopefully, now that Sorian has sat through a community tournament and seen top tier play, he'll be able to transfer some of that knowledge across to the AI. As he pointed out in the 11 hour live stream it doesn't have behaviours which cause it to save up its troops for sending in big numbers, etc.
    stormingkiwi and drz1 like this.
  14. Quitch

Sorian, for some reason in a game today the AI landed all its air fabbers and never moved them again.

[​IMG]
    stormingkiwi likes this.
  15. Sorian

Sorian Official PA

Working on AI unit micro

Sorry, no sound

16. cwarner7264

cwarner7264 Moderator Alumni

Oh my lord.
  17. cptconundrum

cptconundrum Post Master General

That is going to be brutal! Will we be getting squad AI for our own units?
  18. nixtempestas

we're all gunna die...
  19. Quitch

Awwww yeah! Next you need to get the bots to do that rapid janking players do to avoid fire. Personally, I suck at it, I think I spend more time preventing my bots from firing.

One interesting point, the AI seems to move its Stinger back to avoid losing it, but against a human separating them like this this might make it easier to remove the AI's AA capability.

Also noted in the patch notes that the AI can now spam the Ubercannon. Nice.
    Last edited: March 5, 2014
  20. SXX

SXX Post Master General

Version with sound: :D