Bring back secondary colours

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by Trisdino, March 1, 2014.

1. emraldis

emraldis Post Master General

Not necessarily, Scathis said:
  2. vrishnak92

vrishnak92 Active Member

Here's the problem with colors, scathis already mentioned that secondary colors were intentionally removed because they weren't "noticeable enough" which I fiercely disagree with not to mention provides a means of personalization.

Also, there's a poll on this issue, I'd suggest going to it

Edit: dammit I was ninja'd
  3. tehtrekd

tehtrekd Post Master General

Well, the secondary colour is still in, you just can't choose it yourself.
    lokiCML likes this.
  4. vrishnak92

vrishnak92 Active Member

Exactly, which irritates the hell out of me, I DO NOT EVER want pink
    ---->PINK<---- as my secondary color
    Antiglow and emraldis like this.
  5. Tontow

Tontow Active Member

If they do bring secondary colors back then they should not allow duplicate primary colors.

The reason they removed it was because it was hard to tell the primary colored teams apart at a glance.

But I see no reason to not to add it back and just restrict it to unique primary colors. It was a finished feature after all.

PS: mmmmm cake
  6. tehtrekd

tehtrekd Post Master General

That's...
    Childish, but whatever.
  7. emraldis

It's not necessarily just because it's pink. I usually play with black as my primary, and I can attest to the fact that black-pink looks awful. Unfortunately it's the color that I seem to get almost every time, which irks me.
  8. emraldis

That was already the restriction, It's just that going blue-yellow and yellow-blue might have been hard to tell apart for some people. Unless you mean things like blue-yellow and purple-yellow, in which case you would be right. IDK.
  9. vrishnak92

vrishnak92 Active Member

You can call me childish, but is a preference, & since I don't like the color itself, I'd rather not be forced to use it
    & like you said, I seem to only get it for a secondary color, hence my irritation
  10. Tontow

Tontow Active Member

Ya something like that.

But I do agree that the original secondary color palette made it hard (at a glance) to tell things apart.

Maybe meet the users half way and give us a very limited choice for each primary color? It would have to be a selection that avoided confusion (even if it was a very limited selection).

IE: Black, white, red, the primary color you selected, pink.
  11. Antiglow

Antiglow Well-Known Member

+1 I want my white+red again :(

PS: there needs to be a poll...
  12. vrishnak92

vrishnak92 Active Member

The dark green secondary that they had was easily distinguishable from the others, same thing could be said with blue & yellow, & id like to know when players were able to choose their own secondary color in a team game, last time I checked everyone on the same team shared both primary & secondary
  13. vrishnak92

vrishnak92 Active Member

Ps: there is a poll
  14. vrishnak92

vrishnak92 Active Member

15. Antiglow

Antiglow Well-Known Member

also if they are "not noticeable " (even though they are) why not edit the icons to incorporate the second color
  16. broadsideet

broadsideet Active Member

I feel like Alliance mode should have everyone share the same primary color with differing secondary colors... and they should be picked by the players!

I very much preferred having secondary colors as an option (but was always pissed that green could never have anything other than purple or pink... how about orange?! or black?!)

Anyways, huge +1 to bringing it back. No reason not to. If it doesn't matter to 90% of the players, then 90% of the players don't need to change their secondary colors.
    Antiglow likes this.