Sim performance (server side)

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by stilgar84, March 1, 2014.

1. stilgar84

stilgar84 New Member

Hi,

I just played a 4 players games on 3 planets (not very large ones, one was a halley 25, the other two a little bigger but not much) and after some time (1h+) sim performance degraded to 3 fps and then 2 fps, making the game unplayable. I don't think we had that many units. Is this something to be expected? I suppose that we the patch release and the sale, server may be a little overloaded... However I didn't find any thread on this so it may be a bug/rare problem.

If it is a server overload, maybe Uber should spin up some servers. As It is it does not give a good image of PA to newcomers (even through the gameplay has really become fun).

Anyway it was a good game, I just wish we could have finished it
    Last edited: March 1, 2014
  2. bgolus

bgolus Uber Alumni

Server and Sim performance are active areas of optimization (as is everything else really). Having the Sim drop that much sounds like either there was a bug in our code or for some reason the server the game was running on had an issue. It's definitely something we'll have to keep an eye on.
  3. Tontow

Tontow Active Member

How many units can the sim currently handle before bogging down?
  4. someonewhoisnobody

someonewhoisnobody Well-Known Member

Under 9000

ha ha ha :)
    ORFJackal and emraldis like this.
  5. valheria

valheria Active Member

You would be surprised by the amount of bandwidth this game uses when games get pretty massive my friend.. I use loads of bandwidth when ever i play which is incredibly annoying. But the the performance of this game is tied to internet speeds at the moment during development so for anyone who has a rubbish connection is going to suffer badly in till they do a full release : (
  6. nixtempestas

nixtempestas Post Master General

I see this all the time.

It was actually a lot worse before.