Bring back secondary colours

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by Trisdino, March 1, 2014.

1. Trisdino

Trisdino New Member

This was probably the first thing the devs have ever done that was straight up STUPID. Why the hell would you remove this feature?. Their argument was that it was not noticeable... what, so having a yellow and pink com was not noticeable?, so building an army of blue and red bots was not noticeable?. That is BS. Of course it was noticeable!.

Perhaps it did not really pop out, but that was because most people choose matching colours. You did not question it, because it just looked right. Now I could choose to be black, but have the game choose pink as my secondary colour. I dont want a bloody black and pink army!. Saying that nobody notices it is such and arrogant statement, and just down right wrong.

And hell, if it really did not matter, then why did you go through the work of removing it?. First you say that there will not be different factions, and now we cannot even customize our bloody colours properly?!
    Last edited: March 1, 2014
    Fr33Lancer and Twinstar like this.
  2. moldez

moldez Active Member

not the way I would have said that .. but I miss the secondary colour too ...
  3. Twinstar

Twinstar Active Member

+1 bring the 2nd colour BACK!
  4. killerquake

killerquake New Member

5. Zoliru

Zoliru Active Member

+1 bring it back i HATE the color matchups im getting for 2nd collor.
  6. Geers

Geers Post Master General

[​IMG]

More colours.

What? Not everyone has to +.
  7. thetrophysystem

thetrophysystem Post Master General

Honestly, even if it wasn't noticable, I didn't see the problem with it. Tsk, I would have actually added 2 "color schemes", one where secondary color is patches, other where it is trim.

I wouldn't call it stupid. I would be interested in their ideas for army designations, given my crayon box has 16 colors in it and my PA games have 40 players...

(PS: Also, if no secondary colors, make the secondary color a neutral color or the same as primary color, getting random pink with a black or blue primary makes me want to just delete commander for no other good reason in the beginning of even a tournament match. Make the secondary color always black or something normal.)
    Zoliru likes this.
  8. Zoliru

Zoliru Active Member

same here lol
    thetrophysystem likes this.
  9. Z3K0N15

Z3K0N15 Active Member

I have to say,I sort of miss the secondary colors,but for me,its not a really big problem tbh.
  10. LeadfootSlim

LeadfootSlim Well-Known Member

Relax. It's an obvious thing to add back in. They've gutted pretty much the entire UI we know to repolish it for Gamma - we're also missing pre-loading/indicators and planet size indicators in the lobby (though the current setup looks very snazzy).

The stuff we've gotten in return is magnificent. Just wait a little while and they'll fix it.
  11. Cultasare

Cultasare New Member

Bring it back or remove secondary color completely. Make it black, white, or primary color.
    Zoliru likes this.
  12. Trisdino

Trisdino New Member

You do know that they specifically stated that they did not intend to reintegrate it?
  13. vrishnak92

vrishnak92 Active Member

You do know they can change their minds, especially if the majority demands it
  14. vrishnak92

vrishnak92 Active Member

Also, I believe theirs another thread that discusses the very same thing, go take a look
  15. ghostflux

ghostflux Active Member

Why was this removed to begin with?
    Zoliru and vrishnak92 like this.
  16. Zoliru

Zoliru Active Member

there is no reason ANY reason to remove it.........
  17. superouman

superouman Post Master General

One step backwards to make 2 steps forward. Chill guys.
    someonewhoisnobody likes this.
  18. abubaba

abubaba Well-Known Member

Never noticed it.
    thetrophysystem likes this.
  19. xanoxis

xanoxis Active Member

Can you explain me how this will be good later? Because there is no good thing for now, just taking away option. No change, just taking away something.
  20. superouman

superouman Post Master General

In the new UI, They didn't put every feature there was before and they will fix that later.