Secondary color

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by meir22344, March 1, 2014.

1. meir22344

meir22344 Active Member

Does anyone know whether they are gong to bring back secondary color selection???.
    Teod likes this.
  2. brianpurkiss

brianpurkiss Post Master General

They said no in the livestream.
    Quitch likes this.
  3. emraldis

emraldis Post Master General

Did they say why? Because that's a kind of silly feature to remove...
  4. brianpurkiss

Because... trying to remember exactly what they said... I think essentially, it wasn't noticeable enough. I think.

I'm coming up on hour 10 of watching this stream. It's starting to blur together.
  5. chronosoul

chronosoul Well-Known Member

Lol brian you get one like for your valient efforts as live stream re capper.
  6. stormingkiwi

stormingkiwi Post Master General

It was noticeable. There was a reason I only ever went yellow and blue.

Wait... did they adjust model colours so that there was more yellow and less blue?
  7. emraldis

Not noticable? It always bugs me when my commander bugs out and suddenly gets a different secondary color. I find it VERY noticable, and I think a lot of other people do too. I think we should bring them back, it would be disappointing to have a random secondary color every time I play.
  8. brianpurkiss

It's jut what I vaguely remember.
  9. emraldis

That's fine, I understand. But if that WAS their reason, I find it a bad reason.
    cmdrflop, stormingkiwi, s03g and 4 others like this.
  10. nlaush

nlaush Active Member

Completely agree. The secondary color is very noticeable to me. Are the Devs colorblind?
    stuart98 and gandontan like this.
  11. scathis

scathis Arbiter of Awesome Uber Alumni

It's not noticeable to the vast majority of players. You have to be able to see in an instant what team a player is on and that didn't account for that.
    Maybe you have exceptional eye sight.
  12. DalekDan

DalekDan Active Member

Fair enough but will we have more colors then? 40 player games are going to be really odd if not.
    tehtrekd and lokiCML like this.
  13. Teod

Teod Well-Known Member

Same can be said about commander models. But that does not negate our ability to pick them.
    Secondary color is small and does not affect the game much, but it's a nice touch of personalisation.
    ryan375 and cptconundrum like this.
  14. thetrophysystem

thetrophysystem Post Master General

meh, I agree with this. I said this way prealpha. There are 40 players, and my box of crayons only has 16 colors in it, problem.
  15. bmb

bmb Well-Known Member

No, not "fair enough". Downright wrong. You don't have to have exceptional eyesight to see the colour of a unit, that is just not being colour blind.

The ability to select a secondary colour has no bearing on how easy it is to tell primary colours apart, it does not inhibit the ability to tell teams easily by their primary colour.
    cptconundrum and stormingkiwi like this.
  16. bmb

bmb Well-Known Member

double post, forums been acting up for me lately
  17. xanoxis

xanoxis Active Member

Sorry, but this is all bullshit. If player WANTS to choose color, give him that option. Make it random if he doesnt choose one in time. I will be really angry if I will not be able to choose my orange light blue every time. People wants to have their color, play with it every time, and you want to take away all that? Really? For what reason?
  18. DalekDan

DalekDan Active Member

Yeah i always imagined that secondary color would play a bigger role, even down to the outlines on strategic icons so several teams could have the same primary color and still be identified, would've been the simplest way to cater for all the players the game is said to be aimed for.
    stormingkiwi, xanoxis and ORFJackal like this.
  19. SolitaryCheese

SolitaryCheese Post Master General

Wait, what?!
    Why does it have to be noticeable? Not like it had any effect on gameplay... I mean, the 'what team the player is on' part was decided by the primary color, the secondary color was just a little bit of extra. Removing it was rather pointless.
    cptconundrum and stuart98 like this.
  20. xanoxis

xanoxis Active Member

Can dev say if they gonna add it anytime soon, and if never, why is that? Because it did nothing wrong in game, for fps or crashes, or anything like that.

At least give API for modders to add it or something.
    stuart98 likes this.