[REL] Anchor Buttons

Discussion in 'Released Mods' started by burntcustard, December 8, 2013.

1. LavaSnake

LavaSnake Post Master General

The date is wrong in your current version's modinfo.json file.
  2. cptconundrum

cptconundrum Post Master General

I have made an update that will intercept calls to api.camera.captureAnchor and update the color of the anchor button. This fixes the bug where the color doesn't change when you set an anchor from the keyboard. I won't push it to PAMM without permission though; you should make sure it works before I go releasing an update that makes you look bad if it doesn't work.

Attached Files:

Last edited: February 24, 2014
    LavaSnake likes this.
  3. proeleert

proeleert Post Master General

Needs some ui updating in latest build (62037) but still works
  4. cptconundrum

The update should really be made starting from my version 1.5.1 that I posted, since it fixes the problem with using the keyboard to set anchors.
  5. proeleert

yeah will do after livestream :)
  6. proeleert

Aaargh styling is annoying :) gotta check all those new css classes
  7. burntcustard

burntcustard Post Master General

How did updating it for the new UI go proeleert? Won't bother fixing the end-parts myself if you've made some progress :)

Thanks! I didn't get to have a look at it until now because of university stuff and then being too excited about the Gamma update. It seems to work perfectly :D There's a couple of visual weirdness-es right now, not sure how many were caused by which updates (I don't like the new font either grr). I'll polish things up a bit depending on proeleerts reply :)
  8. cptconundrum

All of the visual weirdness is from gamma. I had anchor buttons working perfectly before that. The change was needed because draggable pip has anchor buttons now and soon I will update it to be able to set anchors just like this mod. They have to be able to intercept the api call in order to play nicely with each other.
  9. proeleert

Go ahead and fix it ....
  10. cptconundrum

The version I posted a few days ago works, but it just needs style fixes for gamma. I'll fix it if you and burntcustard don't get around to it, but we all have mod backlogs right now, thanks to gamma. Let's race!
  11. burntcustard

Working on it now. The new UI stuff is different, but I've made some progress and it mostly makes sense to me now.

EDIT:
    [​IMG]
    Trying out different themes to fit in with gamma update better. Lots of reworking being done :)

EXCITING EDIT:
    Would like people to test this version! It's too "long" if you want to use lots of buttons, so I'll try to add options to make it multiple rows or something, as well as working on more "themes". Suggestions on how to make it look pretty in this regard would be appreciated. I also reused cptconundrum's code (camera anchor keyboard shortcut making the button light up) to get the same thing working with unit groups!

EDIT AGAIN:
    Damn this code is messy, don't frown at me too much, I'm still working on it ;P

Attached Files:

Last edited: February 28, 2014
  12. evilOlive

evilOlive Member

I downloaded the zip but don't know how to manually update this mod to test it. Let me know and I'll give it a go this afternoon.
  13. LavaSnake

Just copy the folder in the zip into your ~\Uber Entertainment\Planetary Annihilation\mods\ folder, open PAMM, and check the mod
  14. burntcustard

Aaaaand here's another update. If someone can put this in PAMM I'd be grateful, if not I'll probably have to do it on Monday.

I've half figured out the pole lock toggle button, if anyone wants to continue work on that then feel free. I'm going to be busy for a few days.

Attached Files:

15. stuart98

stuart98 Post Master General

Could we have the advanced radar satellite icon used to indicate the anchor buttons replaced with the anchor icon?
  16. LavaSnake

Done. Thanks for updating this, I really can't play without it.
  17. cptconundrum

Yeah, I don't even use the buttons because the keyboard is so much faster, but I love the reminder of which anchors I have already set.
  18. LavaSnake

I actually don't use much in the way of keyboard commands. Other than the arrow keys and a couple of hotkeys I just use my mouse.
  19. cptconundrum

Updated to v1.6 from PAMM and my anchor buttons are gone now!
  20. LavaSnake

I just updated and they work fine.