1. scottjames

scottjames Member

I notice in the armory, if you would like to add a commander that a coupon is required. Are the Alpha players going to get these coupons or is there some other method of acquiring them?
  2. DeathByDenim

DeathByDenim Post Master General

Most commanders are loaded already based on your account. No need for entering coupons at this stage. If I were to take a guess, I would say this is for the custom commanders at the >$1000 Kickstarter level. A person with a custom commander can apparently give a copy of it to four (or five?) friends.

EDIT: Oops, didn't mean to say $10000. Fixed above.
    Last edited: February 28, 2014
  3. KNight

KNight Post Master General

Yeah that'd be my guess as well, it also has further use beyond that as well like for special events or cross promotions and the like.

Mike
  4. gandontan

gandontan New Member

Does this mean that there will be more purchasable comms in the future?
  5. KNight

It's a possibility but based on prior comments doesn't seem to be that likely, possibly some edge cases like as part of a Charity event it would be more likely.

Mike
  6. neutrino

neutrino low mass particle Uber Employee

Yeah the coupon code is for custom commanders and other types of promotional commanders.
    zweistein000 and stormingkiwi like this.
  7. elonshadow

elonshadow Active Member

did someone say coupons?

Sorry had to use the joke now I could
  8. Devak

Devak Post Master General

Please do make sure that special commanders stay special, ie alpha only for alpha backers
  9. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

I'm pretty sure all the specific "backers at stage X" commanders will stay that way (to do otherwise would cause more trouble than its worth), however I can see some new commanders become available for purchase down the road (e.g. a Christmas 'Santa' commander- I'm thinking the Santa bot from Futurama here- You've all been very naughty!)
    ace902902 likes this.
  10. totalannihilation

totalannihilation Active Member

Well, I backed the game at the alpha stage, paid $100 bucks for it, but unfortunately I bought via steam, and it seems now that Uber won't make any difference for steam players wether they bought at alpha, beta, gamma or sale
  11. KNight

It's not so much that they won't as much as they can't. Purchases made through Steam have information that Uber needs to properly process Upgrades that Uber can't access.

Mike
  12. v4skunk84

v4skunk84 Active Member

Will us who already own PA be able to get access to some of the promotional commanders? Or are they going to be reserved for special promo events to publicise PA.
    Thx for your time.
  13. KNight

They'll do whatever the situation calls for. If they're doing a charity even for example I imagine that only those that participate would get access to it.

It really depends on the circumstances.

Mike