Renegade X - Anyone In?

Discussion in 'Unrelated Discussion' started by thetrophysystem, January 10, 2014.

1. igncom1

igncom1 Post Master General

Worry not, I meant only the in game credits. ;)
  2. thetrophysystem

thetrophysystem Post Master General

Then yeah lol. Grenadier is the free "anti vehicle" type unit for GDI, while Flamethrower is the free "anti vehicle" type unit for Nod. The advanced versions are some of the cheapest advanced units available, the 300 and below class units. They are the chem sprayer as a better flamethrower variant, and the flak launcher as better grenade launcher variant.
  3. igncom1

Yeah, I just be the Grenadier and Flame-thrower because I can't aim!
  4. thetrophysystem

From the cool stuff I've seen, the flamethrower now acts like real napalm, as in it has a mild curvature. You notice it in some streams. When you shoot, it spits the flame forward and it falls to the ground like a stream of burning liquid. Pretty cool. I would assume that is the projectile trajectory as well, meaning at longer range you want to squirt it a bit in the air above the enemy so the arc gets them covered in the burning.
  5. captainshootalot

captainshootalot Member

That sounds absolutely awesome, I have played renegade (a small bit) but never really played the pre-RA2 C&C games, don't blame me for my ignorance.
    Last edited: January 23, 2014
  6. comham

comham Active Member

That's good, I can't stand games where the flamethrower just stops after a certain point. It's never easy to guess the range with current particle effects.
  7. thetrophysystem

Well, they got their main page up. renegade-x.com

I have seen no less than 50 people ask for keys this week. I think Totem Arts should feel accomplished when they here so many people want it, albeit annoyed as well.

It is always this way with release dates and hype, alas.
  8. chronosoul

chronosoul Well-Known Member

Sucks they can't sell the game or even get donations. . i would donate funds to keep the devs working on it.
  9. thetrophysystem

They said they want to give it an update every great once in a while, but move on to a project they can market. When I say that, I emphasize that the game releases for open beta on Feb. 26, and that isn't their official stamp of release, so their moving onto another project will not start that date, it will be months or longer down the line.

However, they are allowing anyone who has made an UDK asset like a map to join the development team. The result with be anyone wanting to be a modder or build maps for the game, to be a full dev on the project. The main team will still compile finished maps and such and release numbered builds, that isn't very work intensive if they were to work on another game or such. They just will no longer have to work on the maps or concepts for gameplay additions, the modders who submit for development positions will continue to do that while they just collect their work and submit builds including it.
  10. captainshootalot

captainshootalot Member

I was actually thinking 'it would be great if EA would adopt the game', then I thought some more...
  11. thetrophysystem

http://www.renegade-x.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=71420&sid=6e02ad1305aa37e0ffb38a5e621b0d72

That post discusses the question on their forums.

I believe my direct quote was "some game developers like Totem Arts and Uber Entertainment portray their game as their child, to develop to be the best it can and money is no object. In that same metaphor, it is like EA profits off the blood of it's children and adopted children."
  12. captainshootalot

captainshootalot Member

That's also probably why EA is nowadays following some kind of nonexistant succes formula for their games, not taking a risk with unique games like Renegade (and why 'Generals 2' was featuring Starcraft-like features)
  13. sirbostontbagparty

sirbostontbagparty Member

I swear I remember playing this game just with much inferior graphics to todays standards. I had soooo much fun with it when I played it. So if its the game I think it is just way updated the I'm down for sure.

EDIT: Now I remember what game it was C&C Renegade loved that game! I played it to death and it was my first "FPS" I ever played.
    Last edited: January 27, 2014
    thetrophysystem likes this.
  14. thetrophysystem

This here, is the old game(s) that RenegadeX is based off of.

These particularly, are the Red Alert mods of Renegade, the old renegade which unfortunately atm means no sprinting or sharp graphics. Also, the servers are few and unpopulated, bring your own players lol. Not completely abandoned, just not a lot of people a lot of the time.

Just thought i'd post it here anyway. http://www.moddb.com/games/red-alert-a-path-beyond

You can find a download too for the original Renegade, as well as RenList, and play that, and that has open populated servers 24/7. If you are interested in the upcoming few weeks till RenX.
  15. thetrophysystem

16. thetrophysystem

Thought it would be considerate: THIS JUST RELEASED.

Hey, it's midnight somewhere.

The site is up, go get it! If the servers are overwhelmed, go to the forums as a guest and find a thread with mirrors.

Then feel free to message here what you think of it and if you want to play with others!
    LavaSnake likes this.
  17. captainshootalot

captainshootalot Member

18. knickles

knickles Well-Known Member

19. thetrophysystem

20. igncom1

It's going to take me 6 hours, to 3 years to download.

Typical!