Use the In-Game Community Mods - Original PA Mod Manager (PAMM) is Obsolete

Discussion in 'Released Mods' started by Raevn, August 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stormingkiwi

stormingkiwi Post Master General

UsingPAMM3, I have a significant issue where I can't see my installed mods, so I can't *uninstall* them, because the page never refreshes.

Edit: Possibly that's because automatic updating once again failed :(
    Last edited: February 22, 2014
  2. proeleert

proeleert Post Master General

Done
  3. elitedanzel

elitedanzel Active Member

Could we have a "open mods location" button please?
    Maybe in settings or something hidden away.
  4. Raevn

Raevn Moderator Alumni

Before I push it out to everyone, here's the installer for the new version - let me know if you have any issues:
    http://pa.raevn.com/PAMM_v3.2.0.exe

Changes:
    • Supports live_game_econ & live_game_hover scenes
    • Added "PA Mods Location" to settings, along with a button to open the folder
    • Added "Load Mod Likes" setting. When off, the like count for mods will not be determined or displayed.
    • Fixed a bug with Mod Likes not appearing after finished loading (occurred when an invalid forum URL was given)
    • Text for install/reinstall & update should now correctly refresh
  5. cptconundrum

cptconundrum Post Master General

Works fine for me!
  6. xxoverskiesxx

xxoverskiesxx New Member

I get .net script errors for nearly every function.
    Stuff like "OpenModsLocation"
    And "LoadOptions" are the errors I get upon launching, I can't even use this, before the update, it was working perfect for me. Uninstalled latest microsoft .net framework 4.51 x64, installed again, same stuff. So...
  7. Raevn

Raevn Moderator Alumni

PAMM doesn't use .NET - can you take a screenshot of the error you get?
    Does PAMM show at all? Are you able to open the log?
  8. xxoverskiesxx

xxoverskiesxx New Member

I'll take a screenshot, and sorry I was under the full impression that it used .net.
    This happens as soon as I launch it: Edit - I can't post links cause I'm a "new" user, it was to imgur.
    Then when I attempt to hit anything else, throws me more errors.
    It's really annoying, no offense, it's probably something with my computer or something. As before the latest update to the program itself it has never done this.
    And where's the log? Btw - I've unistalled, restarted my pc, installed again, but to no avail.

EDIT - By any chance, does it use java because of the .json files? Sorry, I'm quite stupid, it could be a update needed for java if so.
  9. LavaSnake

LavaSnake Post Master General

no, json files are for javascript and no java is needed.
  10. xxoverskiesxx

xxoverskiesxx New Member

That's what I figured. I don't know what's wrong, then.
  11. cptconundrum

PAMM uses IE. Could the .net errors be coming from IE?
  12. Raevn

Raevn Moderator Alumni

Just post the part of the link to imgur after the first forward slash (/) - I can use that to get to it.

The Log is the button between Settings & Available Mods, if you are able to see it (you may not, depending on the error).
  13. xxoverskiesxx

xxoverskiesxx New Member

Didn't even think of that, it's /6Sh3xLB
    I can click on the log button, but nothing shows up...
    Thanks in advance.
  14. Raevn

Raevn Moderator Alumni

A few things to try:
    • Ensure PAMM isn't blocked (see the first post)
    • Check if Norton is doing anything - try disabling it temporarily, then try opening PAMM
    • Check your security settings in IE, did they change between when you last installed PAMM and this version?
  15. xxoverskiesxx

xxoverskiesxx New Member

Just tried norton, did nothing.
    When I try to unblock the file, it never gives me the option to do it, it just opens PAMM.
    I never use IE, chrome's my main browser, so I guess nothing should've changed.
  16. Raevn

Raevn Moderator Alumni

You'll only see the unblock option if you right click on PAMM.hta and select properties, not when you open PAMM. This depends on your settings though, it may not be blocked.

PAMM is actually a web page with additional windows scripting. It doesn't use your default browser though, it always uses IE to render the web page (I can't change this, because it's actually runs through a separate program built into windows - MSHTA).

Try lowering the security in Internet Options temporarily - put them all the way down for both Internet & Local Intranet, then try opening PAMM again. Make sure you put them back again afterwards, and don't browse other sites while it's set low.
    upload_2014-2-23_14-7-36.png
  17. xxoverskiesxx

xxoverskiesxx New Member

Sadly, that still didn't work. Is there anything else to try, and could it be something wrong with IE or MSHTA on my computer? As I said, before the update none of this happened, so some files may be corrupted?
  18. Raevn

Raevn Moderator Alumni

For now, try re-installing the previous version::http://pa.raevn.com/PAMM_v3.1.2.exe
    When it says there is a new version available, just cancel the update. Let me know if the old version continues to work.
  19. xxoverskiesxx

xxoverskiesxx New Member

Well as of right now I have a virus on my computer - mouse movements. Anyways, old version does not work, running norton virus scans now, wish me luck.
  20. cptconundrum

A virus will often screw with internet explorer and cause errors. I bet cleaning that up could get your PAMM running again.

Also, your antivirus might be detecting that IE is infected and trying to open and download files (which is what pamm does).
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.