I don't want to say goodbye to my sweet delta commander...

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by bengeocth, February 20, 2014.

1. nate111

nate111 New Member

But when it comes out only ceriteint people can get it
  2. brianpurkiss

brianpurkiss Post Master General

Couple years ago? That's not possible since it only went up on Kickstarter in August of 1012.

I also backed it on Kickstarter. Not everyone who backed it on Kickstarter gets all of the Commanders. I originally pledged $20, but upped my pledge during Alpha to get better rewards and Alpha Access.
    drz1 likes this.
  3. uberpenu

uberpenu Member

Well couple means 2 and last time I checked it was 2014 and 2+2=4 so ya a couple years ago and I pledged 40$ back then when it was only kickstart.
    aevs likes this.
  4. KNight

KNight Post Master General

Yes, that's how exclusive incentives work.

Mike
  5. brianpurkiss

September of 2012 is less than 2 years ago. About 17 months ago.

"When it comes out?"

When what comes out? All of this info has been publicly accessible from the very beginning.
  6. uberpenu

uberpenu Member

My point still stands, I backed almost 2 years ago but that wasn't good nuff for em I guess, and like I said, don't even use that com, so I could care less.
  7. aevs

aevs Post Master General

I made a post here hours ago, but it seems it didn't actually get posted :confused: Oh well.

That is not false advertising. Can you play as them? No, but you will definitely see them and interact with them. They're important characters, just not playable ones.

I also agree that Uber should make the Delta exclusive, that was what was promised and it's fair to do so.

Do I think it's a good idea to make such an exclusive commander the mascot depicted on advertisements and promotional material over all others? No, I do not.
    Because while the Delta is in the game, it will be very exclusive. That means that most people won't even see it in-game, let alone be able to use it. I think it would be a better idea to advertise with all the commanders. Make it clear that commanders are the mascots, not just the Delta itself, because otherwise some people will look at the box art or promo images, see the delta and then wonder why they never see the mascot in-game. They might even write a frustrated forum posts about it, since they probably wouldn't bother reading about the exclusive perks that they wouldn't have access to anyway, and we all know how those threads can turn out :rolleyes:
  8. BulletMagnet

BulletMagnet Post Master General

@aevs, I know it's not false advertising. I was using sarcasm.
    brianpurkiss likes this.
  9. KNight

KNight Post Master General

Uberpenu, it's not about "being good enough" or anything like that, it's just that Uber set specific requirements for different commanders during the funding period on Kickstarter and beyond. Having the opertunity to pledge more isn't anything more than that. I'm glad the Kickstarter happened during a time that let me pledge what I ending up pledging, but having been able to pledge less would have changed exactly nothing about anything related to PA.

Mike
    brianpurkiss likes this.
  10. aevs

aevs Post Master General

Yes, I know. I explained that so I could contrast it with the Delta commander scenario; those characters are important in those games, while the delta will be a very rare sight for most players post-release because it is exclusive content. It's not the same thing. That's not to say other companies haven't used similar exclusive content in advertising, but those examples just don't fit.
  11. cptconundrum

cptconundrum Post Master General

$40 backer does not include the delta.
  12. brianpurkiss

It's not about being good enough.

Certain backer levels got certain rewards. You simply didn't back enough money for the delta commander.
  13. garat

garat Cat Herder Uber Alumni

We tried to make this very clear, and we've posted about it a number times since the Kickstarter, but to settle this:

Cosmic Edition and Kickstarters at the $90 + level get the Delta. The entire community was informed about that when we unveiled the Delta commander.

Everyone who is a pre-order or in early access gets the theta. $90+ Kickstarter's get the Alpha commander, and Beta Kickstarter's at the $50 will get the Progenitor.

We've let everyone have access for now, because we hadn't put in anything to restrict it, but unfortunately, a special commander that's limited to the people who pledged / purchased at that level kind of loses meaning and rarity if everyone gets it.

I just updated the FAQ because apparently the language there was confusing. Early Access is not the same thing as being an early backer. Kickstarter was our early backing period.
    stormingkiwi, cdrkf, drz1 and 4 others like this.
  14. vrishnak92

vrishnak92 Active Member

To clarify, the Delta Commander is available to anyone who purchased PA on steam when it was still priced at 99.99. The delta commander is for all PA preorders of 90+
  15. Quitch

Quitch Post Master General

16. freemanj

freemanj New Member

Quit trolling.
  17. Gorbles

Gorbles Post Master General

Developer clarification on the subject! Hoorah!

I for one am thankful I backed this game (with the help of a friend) on Kickstarter (as an add-on). I also think that this is still a clear issue for anyone who can read the information made available by Uber.

Heck, Uber's done a better job of making clear the pre-order bonuses than some AAA game publishers have ;)
  18. drz1

drz1 Post Master General

If it had any sort of implication in game, perhaps some people would have a valid argument. But it doesn't (AFAIK). So you're getting annoyed because you won't be able to see a certain skin in the game. Really? You won't even be able to discern it most of the time, it will be a tiny blob on the planet, or an icon that is identical to every other Comm.
    If you mistakenly paid $50+ to specifically get this commander skin, then realised it was the wrong edition, that is unfortunate, but I can't see any other genuine reason to be bothered.
    And the Bioshock comparison is silly. Big Daddies are integral to the story. One Commander skin over another is not integral to PA, as there is no real story or reason to want to play as one "character" over another.
  19. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

Thanks for the feedback Garat- perhaps people will take it better coming from an official source.

Anyway all this grumbling aside, what I really want to know is when do we get the see the all important (and apparently evil based on the lore) Progenitor commander?
    drz1 likes this.
  20. drz1

drz1 Post Master General

I would also like to know more about the possible different weapons for different commanders (this shouldn't affect the argument over the Delta, as I think it is only 3 different types of weapon).