I don't want to say goodbye to my sweet delta commander...

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by bengeocth, February 20, 2014.

1. kimmynl

kimmynl New Member

I'm still waiting for that christmas special commander.
  2. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

They're not taking it away. The testing phase is over. Now those who backed at the price point are only allowed to use it.
  3. abubaba

abubaba Well-Known Member

Pffft. Alpha commander 4 lyfe.
  4. carlorizzante

carlorizzante Post Master General

I believe that I made my point sound and clear.

It is very clear that on Steam there is no reference in writing to the Delta Commander. Nonetheless the Delta Commander is used massively to promote and represent the game in pictures. In fact the Delta Commander is present in the game right now.

People who bought the game via Steam never received any communication by Uber via email, specifying that the screenshots on Steam represent an unit so important as the character used to promote the game, that will be taken away from Steam buyers at some point in future.

Because that is what is gonna likely happen.

So, from the perspective of a Steam Early Access buyer, there are reasons to believe that all this Delta mess is a not very transparent and honest marketing campaign.

You can say at eternity that this has been told again and again to the people on this forum. I am not *the people*. I am *just myself* and it is the first time I am even hear about the Alpha Commander.

Facts are that more and more people will buy Planetary Annihilation on Steam, and they will be pretty pissed about this problem.

And that's what I am speaking about.

Personally I do not give a damn about the Delta Commander, or if everyone will get the Theta. I'm not that kind of ******* that since I paid more, only I can have something.

I paid more because I want to support this game. I will be more than happy if the game will be available full options to everyone. That for the record, not that it makes any difference at all.
  5. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

Everything is and has been crystal clear on PA's official website - http://www.uberent.com/pa/

Steam is just a marketplace with a small social section for each product. If I ever wanted to find out any Official information I would check with the company directly. Think of Steam like Wal*Mart.
    lokiCML likes this.
  6. nanolathe

nanolathe Post Master General

Very nice speech. I suppose those who are 'burned' by their inability to read or research now have incentive to be more cautious in the future, wouldn't you say, Carlo?

Think of it as a learning experience.
  7. carlorizzante

carlorizzante Post Master General

Sure. If you prefer to held me responsible for a misleading communication on Steam about what actually people are buying on that page, please, be my guest.

What is gonna happen if Uber (or Steam perhaps) will be straight about what people buy with the Early Access when purchasing Pleanetary Annihilation?

"Here, please support us in developing this awesome game. You see that dude in the cover? That dude in the banner? Behind the logo? The dude that looks so awesome in several screenshots of the game? It's awesome, isn't it? Well... it's not gonna be in the game you're actually buying. And if you want to find out more, here go reading what we did the last year on Kickstarter, and please go searching on our website. But give us your money now nonetheless for a game 'still in beta. Thank you."

How much more selling will they do? Answer this, genius.

And you're coming telling me that I cannot move a critic to the page that's the main selling place for this game at the moment?

This thing started as a mere contempt for a lack of information on Steam, and it's leading me in realizing that you guys aren't the people I want to interact with.

Thank you very much. All time saved for other more enjoyable things in Life.

In your dreams, Brian. In your sweet dreams.

You just reported what's stated on the Steam page, as I did few posts before you. Go check it out. English is your mother tongue, you should understand it better.

Well, good night, folks. You're not gonna see me around here any time soon.
  8. brianpurkiss

brianpurkiss Post Master General

*sigh* Why do I waste my time?

My dreams are much grander than getting a reply from a random person on the forums.

The steam page is pretty abundantly clear on what you're getting. Just because it doesn't say "you also don't get X" doesn't mean you do get X. The steam page also doesn't say that you won't get a foot massage, or an astroid that looks like the one on that cover. Are you going to expect those too? It's marketing. It's done by EA. It's done by car companies. It's done by everyone.

All of your baseless accusations, mis information, unfounded expextations, and personal attacks on people are not worth my time. You are a troll and I won't lose any sleep.
    Gorbles and DeadStretch like this.
  9. drz1

drz1 Post Master General

meh, it's a superficial difference, thus not worth getting bothered about.
  10. Ringworm

Ringworm Active Member

He may have a point. I don't use Steam, so never saw anything PA-related there.
    However, Uber can't risk changing their stance, as who would trust them afterwards?
    Ergo, if you aren't currently going to get access to a Delta commander at release, but want
    one, you either shell out more dosh, or design your own.
  11. stormingkiwi

stormingkiwi Post Master General

I don't think it is worrying that the Delta will be available in a mod, but that hot swimsuit babe without swimsuit will probably be available as a commander avatar.
  12. nixtempestas

nixtempestas Post Master General

Lets take an example from the cover of C&C Generals Zero Hour for those who remember it.

It displays an image of an aircraft carrier being cut in half by a particle cannon.

This means you must be able to build carriers in game right?

Well, sorry, but no.

Is this an issue?

No.

Moving on.
  13. ace902902

ace902902 Active Member

I bet someone will just mod it in after release anyway, or they will put it up as 1 or 2 dollar DLC, along with some other stuff to make it worth it.
  14. uberpenu

uberpenu Member

that is kinda lame i backed it on kickstart and they said if you backed it on kickstart you got the delta com but now they say you have to of gotten the cosmic or higher. .. lame
  15. KNight

KNight Post Master General

Where did they say that?

Mike
    brianpurkiss likes this.
  16. BulletMagnet

BulletMagnet Post Master General

@carlorizzante, I hope you don't play Bioshock.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/7670

Look at the boxart for it. You can't play as those characters. False. Advertising. Everyone should be up in arms over this. Deliberate deception went on there.

What about the Half-Life games? Surely Valve, the owners of Steam are above using misleading pictures to get sales, right?

Well, here's your answer.
  17. BulletMagnet

BulletMagnet Post Master General

TL;DR. @carlorizzante, don't get your panties in a knot. Nobody is on your side here, because you're wrong. No amount of arguing is going to fix your perceived injustices. The entire games advertising industry does this. The entire population (sans yourself) is aware of it, and has gotten over it.
    DeadStretch and brianpurkiss like this.
  18. nate111

nate111 New Member

So your saying seiner i don't support I won't get good coms but if I did support I could?
  19. KNight

KNight Post Master General

So far all the commanders are functional identical. So no.

Mike
    drz1 likes this.
  20. uberpenu

uberpenu Member

Idk maybe I saw it wrong, or maybe it was the theta com I saw, I don't really care because I don't use the come but I backed this game like, a couple years ago on kickstarter. It's w/e I guess