[REL] Blueprint Info Framework v1.4.4

Discussion in 'Released Mods' started by Raevn, February 3, 2014.

1. DeathByDenim

DeathByDenim Post Master General

Yeah, it's a separate download for Linux, so probably for Mac as well. See here. The Linux one requires some voodoo to get working, but the Mac one seems to have a nice dmg.
  2. Raevn

Raevn Moderator Alumni

@brianpurkiss , can you try the latest version of BIF to see if it fixes your issue?
  3. cp8

cp8 New Member

I just tried with latest build, on windows 8.1, and it doesn't work. Same issue of stuck on loading screen with loading Blueprint information. Build 61250
  4. Raevn

Raevn Moderator Alumni

Actually introduced another bug accidentally. Can you re-install the mod and try again?
  5. cp8

cp8 New Member

Yup, its working now. Clicking re-install seem to do it. Did you change something? It still says build 61250.
  6. Alphasite

Alphasite Active Member

It's still not running for me. If there's any way in a help with debugging it, just ask.
  7. Raevn

Raevn Moderator Alumni

Can you change the bif.fileExists function to the following and let me know the coherent debugger output?

Code:
    bif.fileExists = function(src, callback){

var jsonXMLHttpRequestObject = new XMLHttpRequest();

jsonXMLHttpRequestObject.onreadystatechange = function() {
            console.log("[Blueprint Info Framework] fileExists - jsonXMLHttpRequestObject.readyState: " + jsonXMLHttpRequestObject.readyState);
            if (jsonXMLHttpRequestObject.readyState == 4) {
                console.log("[Blueprint Info Framework] fileExists - jsonXMLHttpRequestObject.status: " + jsonXMLHttpRequestObject.status);
                callback(src, jsonXMLHttpRequestObject.status != 404 && jsonXMLHttpRequestObject.status != 0);
            }
        }

try
        {
            console.log("[Blueprint Info Framework] fileExists - sending: " + src);
            jsonXMLHttpRequestObject.timeout = 5000;
            jsonXMLHttpRequestObject.open('HEAD', src, true);
            jsonXMLHttpRequestObject.send();
        }
        catch( err )
        {
            console.log("[Blueprint Info Framework] fileExists - error: " + src + " (err.message: " + err.message + ")");
            callback(src, false);
        }
    }
  8. Alphasite

Alphasite Active Member

Here you go: Alphasite/aab51202287199e9c176

and just to be sure, this si the version string at the top of the file:

Code:
    //===================================================
    // rBlueprintInfoFramework - Blueprint Info Framework
    //---------------------------------------------------
    // rBlueprintInfoFramework.js
    // Created by Raevn
    // Version 1.2.0 (2014/02/20)
    //---------------------------------------------------

Im pretty sure this is causing an engine level crash, because the debugger putters out completely as well, and the game actually quits correctly when closed. Although sound still seems to be playing, and auto starting when it comes back into focus. But the UI is totally unresponsive.

Edit: Also, this appears in the logs.

Code:
    [23:07:17.205] ERROR Coherent failed to allocate buffer of size 350 for file /pa/units/land/tank_hover/tank_hover_tool_weapon.json
    [23:07:17.205] ERROR Coherent failed to allocate buffer of size 3569 for file /ui/alpha/icon_atlas/img/strategic_icons/icon_si_tank_laser_adv.png
    [23:07:17.205] ERROR Coherent failed to allocate buffer of size 20287 for file /ui/alpha/live_game/img/build_bar/units/tank_laser_adv.png
    [23:07:17.206] ERROR Coherent failed to allocate buffer of size 358 for file /pa/units/land/tank_laser_adv/tank_laser_adv_tool_weapon.json
    [23:07:17.206] ERROR Coherent failed to allocate buffer of size 3322 for file /ui/alpha/icon_atlas/img/strategic_icons/icon_si_tank_light_laser.png
    [23:07:17.206] ERROR Coherent failed to allocate buffer of size 20516 for file /ui/alpha/live_game/img/build_bar/units/tank_light_laser.png
    [23:07:17.206] ERROR Coherent failed to allocate buffer of size 362 for file /pa/units/land/tank_light_laser/tank_light_laser_tool_weapon.json
    [23:07:17.206] ERROR Coherent failed to allocate buffer of size 3210 for file /ui/alpha/icon_atlas/img/strategic_icons/icon_si_teleporter.png
    [23:07:17.206] ERROR Coherent failed to allocate buffer of size 19142 for file /ui/alpha/live_game/img/build_bar/units/teleporter.png
    [23:07:17.206] ERROR Coherent failed to allocate buffer of size 7103 for file /ui/alpha/live_game/img/build_bar/units/unit_cannon.png
    [23:07:17.207] ERROR Coherent failed to allocate buffer of size 3397 for file /ui/alpha/icon_atlas/img/strategic_icons/icon_si_vehicle_factory.png
    [23:07:17.207] ERROR Coherent failed to allocate buffer of size 21189 for file /ui/alpha/live_game/img/build_bar/units/vehicle_factory.png
    [23:07:17.207] ERROR Coherent failed to allocate buffer of size 114 for file /pa/units/land/vehicle_factory/vehicle_factory_build_arm.json
    [23:07:17.207] ERROR Coherent failed to allocate buffer of size 3499 for file /ui/alpha/icon_atlas/img/strategic_icons/icon_si_vehicle_factory_adv.png
    [23:07:17.207] ERROR Coherent failed to allocate buffer of size 21037 for file /ui/alpha/live_game/img/build_bar/units/vehicle_factory_adv.png
    [23:07:17.207] ERROR Coherent failed to allocate buffer of size 123 for file /pa/units/land/vehicle_factory_adv/vehicle_factory_adv_build_arm.json
    [23:07:17.410] INFO resetGameState
    [23:07:17.410] INFO Mouse constraint cleared.
    [23:07:17.411] INFO setMusic /Music/Main_Menu_Music

Those failed to allocate buffer errors do not occur in the normal run, without this mod.
    Last edited: February 20, 2014
  9. Raevn

Raevn Moderator Alumni

So it must be hitting some kind of limit that is present on the Mac version of Coherent but not windows. Hmm.

If that's the case, try doing this to make it synchronous (haven't tested this code as I'm at work). This will bump the loading time considerably though

Code:
    bif.fileExists = function(src, callback){
        var jsonXMLHttpRequestObject = new XMLHttpRequest();

try
        {
            jsonXMLHttpRequestObject.open('HEAD', src, false);
            jsonXMLHttpRequestObject.send('');
        }
        catch( err )
        {
            callback(src, false);
        }

callback(src, jsonXMLHttpRequestObject.status != 404 && jsonXMLHttpRequestObject.status != 0);

}
  10. Alphasite

Alphasite Active Member

That seems to have done it, although its still hangs temporarily, but thats unavoidable i guess.

Stilla bunch of unloaded files, but it looks like those aren't in the game atm.

Code:
    Failed to load resource coui://ui/alpha/icon_atlas/img/strategic_icons/icon_si_base_structure.png
    Failed to load resource coui://ui/alpha/live_game/img/build_bar/units/base_structure.png
    Failed to load resource coui://ui/alpha/icon_atlas/img/strategic_icons/icon_si_base_flyer.png
    Failed to load resource coui://ui/alpha/live_game/img/build_bar/units/base_flyer.png
    Failed to load resource coui://ui/alpha/icon_atlas/img/strategic_icons/icon_si_base_flyer.png
    Failed to load resource coui://ui/alpha/live_game/img/build_bar/units/base_flyer.png
    Failed to load resource coui://ui/alpha/icon_atlas/img/strategic_icons/icon_si_missile.png
    Failed to load resource coui://ui/alpha/live_game/img/build_bar/units/missile.png
    Failed to load resource coui://ui/alpha/icon_atlas/img/strategic_icons/icon_si_missile_orbital.png
    Failed to load resource coui://ui/alpha/live_game/img/build_bar/units/missile_orbital.png
    Failed to load resource coui://ui/alpha/icon_atlas/img/strategic_icons/icon_si_missile_orbital_booster.png
    Failed to load resource coui://ui/alpha/live_game/img/build_bar/units/missile_orbital_booster.png
    Failed to load resource coui://ui/alpha/icon_atlas/img/strategic_icons/icon_si_transport.png
    Failed to load resource coui://ui/alpha/live_game/img/build_bar/units/base_commander.png
    Failed to load resource coui://ui/alpha/live_game/img/build_bar/units/imperial_base.png
    Failed to load resource coui://ui/alpha/live_game/img/build_bar/units/imperial_base.png
    Failed to load resource coui://ui/alpha/icon_atlas/img/strategic_icons/icon_si_base_vehicle.png
    Failed to load resource coui://ui/alpha/live_game/img/build_bar/units/base_vehicle.png
    Failed to load resource coui://ui/alpha/icon_atlas/img/strategic_icons/icon_si_base_bot.png
    Failed to load resource coui://ui/alpha/live_game/img/build_bar/units/base_bot.png
    Failed to load resource coui://ui/alpha/icon_atlas/img/strategic_icons/icon_si_amphibious_bot.png
    Failed to load resource coui://ui/alpha/live_game/img/build_bar/units/amphibious_bot.png
    Failed to load resource coui://ui/alpha/icon_atlas/img/strategic_icons/icon_si_avatar_factory.png
    Failed to load resource coui://ui/alpha/icon_atlas/img/strategic_icons/icon_si_base_bot.png
    Failed to load resource coui://ui/alpha/live_game/img/build_bar/units/base_bot.png
    Failed to load resource coui://ui/alpha/icon_atlas/img/strategic_icons/icon_si_base_structure.png
    Failed to load resource coui://ui/alpha/live_game/img/build_bar/units/base_structure.png
    Failed to load resource coui://ui/alpha/icon_atlas/img/strategic_icons/icon_si_base_unit.png
    Failed to load resource coui://ui/alpha/live_game/img/build_bar/units/base_unit.png
    Failed to load resource coui://ui/alpha/icon_atlas/img/strategic_icons/icon_si_base_vehicle.png
    Failed to load resource coui://ui/alpha/live_game/img/build_bar/units/base_vehicle.png
    Failed to load resource coui://ui/alpha/icon_atlas/img/strategic_icons/icon_si_bot_bomb.png
    Failed to load resource coui://ui/alpha/icon_atlas/img/strategic_icons/icon_si_bot_spider_adv.png
    Failed to load resource coui://ui/alpha/live_game/img/build_bar/units/bot_spider_adv.png
    Failed to load resource coui://ui/alpha/icon_atlas/img/strategic_icons/icon_si_land_mine.png
    Failed to load resource coui://ui/alpha/icon_atlas/img/strategic_icons/icon_si_tank_amphibious_adv.png
    Failed to load resource coui://ui/alpha/live_game/img/build_bar/units/tank_amphibious_adv.png
    Failed to load resource coui://ui/alpha/icon_atlas/img/strategic_icons/icon_si_tank_hover.png
    Failed to load resource coui://ui/alpha/live_game/img/build_bar/units/tank_hover.png
    Failed to load resource coui://ui/alpha/icon_atlas/img/strategic_icons/icon_si_unit_cannon.png
    Failed to load resource coui://ui/alpha/icon_atlas/img/strategic_icons/icon_si_base_orbital.png
    Failed to load resource coui://ui/alpha/live_game/img/build_bar/units/base_orbital.png
    Failed to load resource coui://ui/alpha/icon_atlas/img/strategic_icons/icon_si_mining_platform.png
    Failed to load resource coui://ui/alpha/live_game/img/build_bar/units/mining_platform.png
    Failed to load resource coui://ui/alpha/icon_atlas/img/strategic_icons/icon_si_orbital_egg.png
    Failed to load resource coui://ui/alpha/live_game/img/build_bar/units/orbital_egg.png
    Failed to load resource coui://ui/alpha/icon_atlas/img/strategic_icons/icon_si_base_ship.png
    Failed to load resource coui://ui/alpha/live_game/img/build_bar/units/base_ship.png
    Failed to load resource coui://ui/alpha/icon_atlas/img/strategic_icons/icon_si_base_ship.png
    Failed to load resource coui://ui/alpha/live_game/img/build_bar/units/base_ship.png

Oh, and thanks for the help. :)
    Raevn likes this.
  11. Raevn

Raevn Moderator Alumni

Yeah, there will be many it can't find - those are the base blueprints or other unfinished data. The whole point of the function is to work out which ones exist ;)

Glad I know what the problem is now. How long is the loading time for you?
  12. Alphasite

Alphasite Active Member

It's around 30 seconds, I guess this is one area where an ssd would help with the game :p
  13. Alphasite

Alphasite Active Member

Looking at it, you're probably right about it being an OSX issue, I'm pretty sure you're hitting the file descriptor limit, because by default its set to only 256 per process, so with the number of files you search i can very a sly see you hitting that.
  14. Raevn

Raevn Moderator Alumni

I'll look into implementing a queue, so I can still keep it somewhat asynchronous for performance reasons, while limiting the number of calls at once.
  15. philoscience

philoscience Post Master General

I'm also getting stuck at the loading blueprint framework on Mac (MBP 2012).
  16. brianpurkiss

brianpurkiss Post Master General

Which file do I drop this in?
  17. Raevn

Raevn Moderator Alumni

mods\rBlueprintInfoFramework\ui\mods\rBlueprintInfoFramework\rBlueprintInfoFramework.js

(Replace the existing function of the same name)
    iceDrop likes this.
  18. iceDrop

iceDrop Active Member

Thank you, alphasite and raevn for the file-capture and debugging. Really appreciate it. About 9 seconds blueprint load here, which is totally fine. I'll take that anyday vs not being able to use hotbuild2.
  19. philoscience

philoscience Post Master General

I can't find the mod files to edit anywhere on my Mac. I've searched the application support, my home directory, everywhere.
  20. Alphasite

Alphasite Active Member

Its in ~/Library/Application\ Support/Uber\ Entertainment iirc (check the spellings), the Library folder is hidden by default, so either either use CMD+SHIFT+G and enter the path, or google who to show the folder.