Official Camera Feedback Thread

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by UberGaf, December 11, 2013.

1. Nullimus

Nullimus Well-Known Member

When watching replays I would love to be able to put the camera on a units shoulder and be able to free look during the battle.
    I don't want any kind of first person control over units. But I would really like to see the battle field from a units point of view when reviewing a game.
    shotforce13 and zaphodx like this.
  2. vackillers

vackillers Well-Known Member

No I'm talking about rotating around 360 degrees, and the WASD keys just move the camera side to side up and down... theres no rotating key

EDIT: ok ok I found out how... you have to press and hold down the Ctrl key with Arrows in order to rotate the camera...
    Last edited: January 30, 2014
  3. zaphodx

zaphodx Post Master General

I'll need to try this again, I've already heard you can do that but it never works for me.
  4. snierke

snierke Active Member

Last edited: February 20, 2014
  5. tatsujb

tatsujb Post Master General

I really really really really really still want for scroll wheel planet pan to make it back into the game.
    shotforce13 likes this.
  6. Pokletu

Pokletu New Member

Yeah, can't we just play the game in free-cam mode? Why must we be forced to look straight down in order to give commands, anyway?
  7. irregularprogramming

irregularprogramming Member

I just learned that this was a missing feature but I thought I was just missing something.

Sorry if this has come up a billion times before but the game needs a way to rotate the camera by using a key+mouse x axis. The lack of these controls drives me away from the game every time.

Otherwise the new camera is great!
  8. kazar

kazar New Member

My two biggest complaints about the camera is

1. I can't map the middle mouse button to a key. I would like to use the space bar to get the similar effect (like in Demigod)

2. When zooming in really close, the camera angle changes. If there could be a toggle setting that lets the camera angle stay the same when zooming. I find it disorienting the way it is.
  9. stonewood1612

stonewood1612 Well-Known Member

If you press Y (well it's Y for me) it toggles top-down view, and will no longer change the camera angle. Not sure how to turn this off... I keep accidentally pressing this when I want to track units (T). You can also zoom trough the planet sometimes :eek:, might be fixed already.
  10. websterx01

websterx01 Post Master General

Did somebody say Necro? I thought that this best belongs here:

Can we get buttons, perhaps 'q' and 'e' to rotate the screen around the center? That way I don't have to align to poles, or do that weird thing with the middle mouse button that does it. (I can't explain it, don't even try to get me to lol) Kind of like rotating your player in Space Engineers?
    ozonexo3 and stormingkiwi like this.
  11. tatsujb

I'm just going to size this opportunity :)
    websterx01 likes this.
  12. tatsujb

oh hello?