Beta Build 61694

Discussion in 'Support!' started by garat, February 19, 2014.

1. Raevn

Raevn Moderator Alumni

Is it intentional that Adv. Torpedo launchers are built by basic Fabrication units (including bot/vehicle fabricators)?

2. ragarnoy

ragarnoy Member

So...i cant find the new biome...?
  3. Slamz

Slamz Well-Known Member

I feel like anchors make orbital fighters obsolete. It's kind of hilarious watching a group of orbital fighters come in on an anchor, which totally blows them away. And the anchors move reasonably well and get some sight to the ground so......yeah, I just build anchors now. I guess the fighters have an advantage in that they are fast and can respond quickly to a situation but usually "the situation" is a bunch of anchors have shown up, which is exactly what fighters can't handle.

On the bright side, anchor do help with invasions since they are so hard to kill and can see the ground.

Seems like the sim fps suffers now. I do mostly FFAs and I dunno if it's my "unit stream" plan or just the game in general but it really bogs down after a while. I'm pretty sure it's worse than before.

I've also seen some fishy things....

* Build 4 nukes in a row
    * Set them to build missiles
    * Set a bunch of fabricators to patrol up and down the line (I have always done this....it ensures your fabbers will assist whatever launcher is building a missile)
    * Check back later
    * Some/most of the fabbers will appear to be stuck. Giving them a new patrol order will get them busy again.

I think both bot and air fabricators do this. It's like they just decide to stop patrolling. I'm doing the old point-to-point patrol for this, not area.
  4. Slamz

Slamz Well-Known Member

Oh, this isn't new, but a lot of times when I host a game I can't seem to see chat in the lobby. I type things and nothing happens. I think other people can see my chat but I can't see any chat. This only seems to happen when I'm the one creating the game. Chat is always fine when I join someone else's game.
    chronosoul likes this.
  5. chronosoul

chronosoul Well-Known Member

I actually get this too. I thought I was the only one.
    I should make a thread.
  6. liltbrockie

liltbrockie Active Member

Yeah there was a dev play test and this happened to one of the devs so they know about it....
  7. stormingkiwi

stormingkiwi Post Master General

Ubercannoning the ground causes the commander to start shooting at the same spot on the ground as if you had just issued an attack command.

This is not consistent with "the ubercannon cannot be triggered by an attack contextual command", if an attack command can be triggered by the ubercannon.

Also, we are fast running out of keyboard real estate. Technically hotbuild is a mod, but practically it is the better way of dealing with construction than the current mousebased UI, and so I'm hoping it basically get's implemented into final release PA.

However, on a standard Qwerty keyboard, I basically have every letter key assigned, and I'm incredibly light on what to use (e.g. I placed metal storage with metal, energy storage with energy, and don't have hotkeys for stuff I don't build)

Edit: note that this doesn't count any of the hotkeys in this build that have caused clashes and nlw must be reassigned. Particularly for my funky j k l u I as being assist, unload etc.

Edit: we can delete posts now! Oh lorde! I can prune away the unmitigated forum spam!
    Last edited: February 20, 2014
    zaphodx likes this.
  8. proeleert

proeleert Post Master General

I agree, we need more letters ! Please extend the alphabet !
    cwarner7264 and stormingkiwi like this.
  9. Dementiurge

Dementiurge Post Master General

They did.

Control A-Z0-9, Shift A-Z0-9, Alt A-Z0-9
    (and/or the Mac equivalents)

...Though, my favorite instance of binding madness is an old IBM terminal with 24 Function keys. A standard which Windows must have supported, because the Unreal engine had entries for them in config.ini.
  10. Geers

Geers Post Master General

Interesting, that happened to me with a nuke a while back. I just aimed it at some random rock and it just spun around indefinitely.
  11. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

The whole idea of the cycling in hotbuild is to get around our tiny alphabet.
  12. Raevn

Raevn Moderator Alumni

No, alphabet is already OP! Nerf!

... am I doing it right?
    trialq, stormingkiwi and wheeledgoat like this.
  13. teddythebear

teddythebear Member

elitedanzel likes this.
  14. proeleert

proeleert Post Master General

lol super
  15. MCXplode

MCXplode Active Member

You need the most current version of the mesa drivers to support openGL 3.3 which is Mesa 10.0, mesa 9.2 only supports 3.1 so I am guessing you need the most current version of the FOSS or opensource nvidia drivers, pain in the *** I know and preferably kernel 3.13 for good performance. Current version of mesa is 10.03 http://mesa3d.org/relnotes/10.0.html
    AMD or NVidia properiatory drivers replace mesa drivers with there own current opengl support.
  16. SXX

SXX Post Master General

It's doesn't mater, problem is not there. At moment game will only work with compatibility profile that isn't supported in Mesa. E.g need 3.2 to work, but it's use features that was removed after 3.0.

Uber implement 3.2 core profile support in OS X version, but it's looks like Linux version still use old code. More information is here: PA#5307
    Though at moment I actually fighting with driver bug than with game bug. :D
  17. DeathByDenim

DeathByDenim Post Master General

Yeah, l'm on 10.2.0-devel already actually, and it's still a no-go as @SXX mentioned just now.

It's relatively painless to update the Mesa (and Nvidia drivers) using the xorg-edgers PPA on Ubuntu. If I remember correctly you are on Arch though, so that won't help you, but maybe for people that pass along here.
    wheeledgoat likes this.
  18. MCXplode

MCXplode Active Member

I am on amd drivers 13.12 still works fine ingame except for UI bug on launch. Arch is current as of mesa 10.03 and can download mesa-git from AUR as for other Arch users, don't know if kernel drm version affects FOSS opengl 3.3 though
  19. wheeledgoat

wheeledgoat Well-Known Member

people like ME. i was gonna have to look that up once I made my new gpu purchase! thx brother!
  20. SXX

SXX Post Master General

It's doesn't mater what Mesa version you have game will crash because it's need both OpenGL 3.2 and features removed in 3.1 in the same time. Proprietary drivers support GL_ARB_Compatibility and open source do not support it so game might only use core profile.