Beta Build 61694

Discussion in 'Support!' started by garat, February 19, 2014.

1. DeathByDenim

DeathByDenim Post Master General

Actually, nvidia-prime works. Kubuntu 13.10 only carries 0.4.2 which doesn't support switching graphics cards, but it does work. It makes my computer very powerhungry and hot even when not playing PA, which is kind of a bad thing for a laptop. I'll just have to find a ppa with the latest somewhere.
  2. SXX

SXX Post Master General

You are happy guy at moment. On weekends I setup special server for planet preview generator service and it's have Nvidia GT 430 inside so PA works here. Unfortunately Steam In-Home streaming don't work with PA.

Now I sit here and play it on desktop over VNC. :D
    Actually it's really playable, but eat about 200Mb/s :eek:
    Last edited: February 19, 2014
    DeathByDenim likes this.
  3. retrry

retrry Member

Newest update isn't shown in Steam's recently updated category. I think you should post changelog "the Valve way" for more exposure on the front page :)
    Quitch likes this.
  4. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

It does ;D
    Raevn and stuart98 like this.
  5. zweistein000

zweistein000 Post Master General

6. uberpenu

uberpenu Member

I've noticed that with just making my bots walk to a location make their paths do strange strange things, i don't know what it is but it just seemed a lot more fluid before.
  7. tekkenfreak

tekkenfreak New Member

The UI is now just about completely broken for me. Using AMD proprietary beta driver on debian testing (linux 3.11) with --software-ui. Previously it only wouldn't draw unit rects, metal spots, or strategic unit icons. Now the only thing that the UI draws is the commands and the build menu. The only UI I have now is the build menu and the command menu.

edit:
    This is the in-game UI. pre-game still works identically. It does persist with F5 and ctrl+p
  8. superouman

superouman Post Master General

Here is our new way to invade planets in a consistent way.
  9. zweistein000

Mods that are broken by this patch:

Commander health display - the bar is no longer present
    Economy efficiency mod - completely broken
    PA stats - post game is broken
    Might be others, this is so far.

Improvements: LAVA PLANETS WORK FOR ME NOW!
    I like the flashy-thingy on the power generators, but can we get an option to turn that off, please. No need to beat my computer harder.
    Lag is still present, but much much better. I believe that the port for CPU to GPU will drastically improve performance, looking forward to that.

Other stuff:
    Bomb bots need tweaking, It seems that it only takes 5-10 dox to completely stop a bomb bot army.
    Orbital fabbers still can't assist each other and cannot return to previous projects.
    You guys should really remove the missile tower form t2 fabbers, since they can build flak now.
    stuart98 and Quitch like this.
  10. Dementiurge

Dementiurge Post Master General

From what little I've been able to play, Anchor vs. Anchor battles are hilarious.
  11. Raevn

Raevn Moderator Alumni

Totally digging the subtle lighting on factories.

upload_2014-2-19_23-0-48.png

upload_2014-2-19_23-1-4.png
    mishtakashi likes this.
  12. zweistein000

Hey can I make a request here?

I'm really missing the ferry option that transports had in supcom. It takes way too much time and micro to have your transports constantly carrying your units to the enemy, which really limits transports to doing drops or doing one time transporting.
    cwarner7264 and Raevn like this.
  13. arm2thecore

arm2thecore Active Member

The AI just kicked my *** and that makes me feel like a failure. I want a refund.

Kidding, of course, but it was after me with bots, then nukes ... relentless. Next time I'll be in its face.
  14. cwarner7264

cwarner7264 Moderator Alumni

Just a thought: if you already have a beachhead somewhere to be ferrying things to, should you not just plonk a teleporter down?
    cptconundrum and zweistein000 like this.
  15. paulusss

paulusss Active Member

FAIL: everything writen below was with the game setting at it's highest, seems even my computer does not like it, i turned it down and UI responds normal now ^^

I do not know if more people experiance this, but the UI for me is now a compleet let down. Not because it the temporary one, but more because it does not respond, it's far far worse now. When i click a unit and want to order it to build i need to wait a full second before the UI updates and click something i want to build. I don't know if this is lag but waiting a full second with every unit selection is not cool ^^

Btw Uber i found something funny, shooting at a terain object creates loopings, quite amusing imho.

[​IMG]
    stormingkiwi likes this.
  16. zweistein000

derp... forgot that
  17. Martenus

Martenus Well-Known Member

Bugs we found:
    • Slow units can be pushed by fast units to increase their speed. Tested on levelers pushed by doxes. Simply direct a leveler in one direction, put doxes behind him and then order them to move in the same direction, they will start pushing the leveler, making him much faster. The same bug was reproduced on water with leviathan and stingray being pushed by sunfish.
    • Orbital fabber queue doesn't work when using a single fabricator. If you order him to build some solar arrays or SXX lasers, he will only build the first one, then get stuck and not continue building the others, the queue stay up till the infinity and beyond.
    • I had a strange movement bug on water. My leviathans and stringrays were ordered to go to the same position, upon reaching the position, they started to "dance" togather, rotating in that place.
    • Pelikan's movement happend to be wierd to me when they were in big cluster and loaded with units. I ordered them to move to a position and during their flight I changed the position, they stopped for a second and then started going in that directly. Their movement was not smooth like other air units.
    If we find something else, I will post again.
  18. DeathByDenim

DeathByDenim Post Master General

Also post them on the bugtracker, eh?
  19. stevenrs11

stevenrs11 Active Member

Yea, the unit pushing is hilarious. My doxen are shoving around huge balls of tanks allll day. Actually, the formation stuff keeps the two separate groups of units in coherent masses, making this work really really well.

The buffs to air build speed are great, I think. They give resource storage a bit of a use, too. Being able to instabuild a a quick firebase is very useful.
  20. Martenus

Martenus Well-Known Member

Eeeeem yea I looked into that, too confusing, so I passed on that, sorry :(