It's time to talk unit ideas

Discussion in 'Backers Lounge (Read-only)' started by neutrino, September 30, 2013.

1. zurginator

zurginator Member

I would like to see a Naval teleporter, personally. Moving fleets between ponds/planets would be handy.

They would have to require T2/massive power though, since being slow is the key balance point of Naval right now, and we can't have that disrupted with teleporters.
  2. sypheara

sypheara Member

Naval stargate gives me such happy feelings in my pants you wouldn't believe.

*begins dreaming about air stargates*
  3. cyclopsis

cyclopsis Member

Spacegates > All.
  4. bobucles

bobucles Post Master General

Gategates > All + 1.
  5. Zenotheory

Zenotheory Member

IMO I don't think we need Teleporter for naval. Why not just add legs to a naval ship and have it like the ones out of Supcom1 and Supcom2 a All Terrain Spidership :)

But naval need to be more artillery like too, maybe the Leviathan need to be like the Pelter/Holkins an offshore artillery bombardier! Instead of a Version 2 of the Bluebottle.

Another naval ship idea I have is a Railgun type ship? Only shoot 1 high velocity bullet at a time that does massive damage but has a long reload time.
    DalekDan and Nightovizard like this.
  6. igncom1

igncom1 Post Master General

The problem with walking boats, is that they are much, much better then artillery.
  7. GreenBag

GreenBag Active Member

C&C RA3 had it and they were terrible
  8. KNight

KNight Post Master General

It depends on the circumstances, in SupCom2 that was more or less true, but in SupCom1/FA the Salem was mostly garbage on land.

Mike
  9. igncom1

True true, and ship blobs were mainly annoying unless you are willing to full on bum rush them with tanks.
  10. igncom1

What the allied destroyer?

I liked it, but it was a little underpowered when compared to proper tank use.
  11. bobucles

bobucles Post Master General

Walking boats aren't the problem. The problem is when boats are given a different game designer than land. They aren't separate games. Land units can have just as many opportunities to assault the ocean as boats can have to assault land. The presence of hovercraft, floor crawlers and walking boats only serve to drive that point home.

It is very unusual that the most basic of attack boats have more range than mobile artillery. If a boat needs range that badly it can go walk up the shore.
  12. jt100010117

jt100010117 New Member

Yeah that's exactly what I meant, I'm not sure what tier it should be but I think it should have a slower reload so the pelter aren't ruined.
  13. GreenBag

GreenBag Active Member

http://cnc.wikia.com/wiki/Stingray Was the one I was thinking of.....absolutely horrible unit
  14. igncom1

Good firepower, bad defence.
  15. GreenBag

GreenBag Active Member

That was true but it was a poor unit choice pretty much everytime.
  16. igncom1

Good for mobbing enemy sea units and for raiding attacks.
  17. Geers

Geers Post Master General

What about some sort of rocket-jumping unit? Basically a tank or a bot with some short range hop that can leap walls in a single bound!
  18. chronosoul

chronosoul Well-Known Member

There should be a scout sub that has a periscope that is used for scouting stealthly.

I just want to see these in the water basically.

[​IMG]
  19. GreenBag

GreenBag Active Member

Random building idea. The toaster, works like your basic household toaster, you pop a ground based unit into it. It damages the unit but you can lob it a long long way, make em cheap stack em and pop your army behind enemy lines.
  20. verybad

verybad Active Member

I really want to see the different biomes have different strengths and weaknesses, so perhaps certain buildings and units that can only be built on units with certain things.

Example. A large energy building only possible on Lava Biomes, and buildable only on lava. "Core Drill" It is a low HP, very high energy and metal building, but has an commander level explosion if it's destroyed, so it's useful, but dangerous.

Low gravity non atmospheric (moon biome) planets might be able to build a Mass Cannon. An extremely large building that can fire heavy artillery on interplanetary level shots. They take time, and are inaccurate. The lighter the gravity the planet they're fired from, The more damage they can cause. (giving smaller moon biomes a higher value for this use.)

Fire Walker A very large 4 legged bot that can walk on lava, and while doing so slowly takes damage, but can fire a smaller version of the commander's ubercannon (A lava hose). It can be built anywhere, but is more effective on lava biomes.

Observatory Zepplin. Small, slow scouts that can hover rather than landing if still. It's low HP and can only work in planets with atmospheres. Still, it's got a great vision and has radar as well.

War Zepplin. It acts like a slow, lower HP version of the T2 bomber, but can be built in T1. Extremely slow (naval slow), easy to kill, but fun in early rushes. Atmosphere only.

Artifacts on various planets that have to be found that provide unique units. Perhaps a single Megabot, or an improved factory (double speed or more efficient) or perhaps it gives you a virus that splits your forces in two (spawning a new AI unit using approximately half your forces, it may start allied or enemy to you or change it's mind every few minutes.

Megtabot Factory. These would only be buildable on metalworlds and you would have to spend a lot of money. Megabot factories would build just megabots (perhaps multiple types) and the single unit orbital capable transporters that could move them. Megatank and Megaflier factories could of course also be options. Gives metal worlds a unique feel. They would cost as much as about 20 T2 units and be as effective as an army of perhaps 10 T2 units. Makes them good for innital drops on enemy controlled planets so you can establish a beach.