It's time to talk unit ideas

Discussion in 'Backers Lounge (Read-only)' started by neutrino, September 30, 2013.

1. namelesst

namelesst Member

So wrong in oh so many ways :p

Just no... I can't get into shooting this down. :)

I like science fiction but some things are too far XD
  2. rovetjw

rovetjw Member

batle ships to take ficht into orbit with ground atack capebileties ground orbital and air combad combined

like this :D
    global combat on a never seen scale
  3. leighzer

leighzer Member

A ground transport unit (APC like). Take a group of bomb bots and load them up, in a heavily armored transport, the speed of the transport could be faster than the bomb bots movements speed (although I don't know if that would be best or not) then run the APC to the destination. If it dies the units eject out the sides of it. If it reaches it's destination the units load out and get to be up close and personal. I think this may be a nice addition for breaking well established fortifications. If you want less micro, make the unit bigger and transport more units/ even make it a late game mobile factory. Once it unloads units it fabs more units to charge into the fray. I think it would be a nice assault tool for players.

Give or take the mobile factory aspect and the speed. Just a concept.
  4. iron420

iron420 Well-Known Member

Megabot!
    v4skunk84 likes this.
  5. anthony100000000

anthony100000000 New Member

Tracker: a sateilite for spy the adverse units ( you can have the same result with astraeus but it is not very realistic that ship have a "radar" )

Hugy: a unit with a suicide bomb... this unit run into the cible and explode like a firecracker

The magnetic missile: the same nuclear missile skin, but he launch a magnetic missile, when the missile explodes on enemy buildings, the ennemy plants are temporarily stopped.

this my 3 ideas :)
    Last edited: January 31, 2014
  6. Zenotheory

Zenotheory Member

Submarine Factory that builds all the submarines make it Tier 1.5 like the Orbital Factory but only buildable by naval and air fabbers. Underwater factory is possible :)

Pop-up defense turrets has extra armour when idle to be able to survive a nuke blast but with minimal health 3-5%

Missile Defense Satellite built by Orbital Fabber - Stationary defense turret like laser towers but in orbit.

Drop Pod Station (Orbital) - Builds Tier 1 Bots or Tanks and shoot them down from the station as a suprise army. Launches a drop pod to surface that contains about 5-10 units. Drop Pod is destroy once it hit the surface.
  7. jt100010117

jt100010117 New Member

Maybe the Spider Bot could climb cliff faces and crawl over wall that would be really cool to sneak some into an enemy base.
  8. Zenotheory

Zenotheory Member

That what Spiderbot are All Terrain Bot no wall will stop them.
    jt100010117 likes this.
  9. squishypon3

squishypon3 Post Master General

10. verybad

verybad Active Member

Aircraft Carrier that provides longer range combat fab repair to aircraft assigned to it (maximum amount? for them perhaps?)

Naval Umbrella system (ie naval anti orbital), naval Nuclear submarine, can make nukes but they have a limited range (like a Catapult?) Can also build short range antinuke defense.

Train. Built like roads, if a ground or bot unit boards it, they go to the end location much faster (useful for large internal base movement) Must be built between two stations. Stations can connect to multiple other stations. Can be built by any noncombat fab.

ECM Tower. Blocks enemy radar in a certain radius, two levels.

Interplanetary Mass Gun. Like a small version of halleys, this digs up rocks and projects them towards the targeted planet. Extremely inaccurate, but cause lots of damage (like a small nuke) Uses huge amounts of metal and some power to charge up. Makes a small crater, and removes metal in hit location. Very slow reloading. Regular units can not speed it up, but a Core Drill can. Smaller mass planets result in harder hitting mass shots (less gravity reduction in shot) Built by level 2 fabs plus commander

Core Drill. A large slow moving unit (similar in size to Megabot) This can dig through the planets mantle and reach large amounts of metal and energy. It is not mobile while drilling and slowly takes damage due to it's massive job (it can be repaired) Drilling through the mantle takes a while, slower on Ice, Faster on Lava, not possible on metal planets. The Core drill can travel through lava, and it can drill in water (still visible sticking through the ocean. It has no defenses, it is a "tier 3" economic unit. Smaller mas planets allow faster drilling, but lower results. Built level 2 fabs plus commander
  11. Geers

Geers Post Master General

Some sort of rocket artillery bot, like the Spearhead from Forged Alliance
    A turret or unit which slows down or temporarily paralyzes enemy units
    A giant mega-laser that can only be built into the crater of a moon (yes I want a Death Star, sue me)
    Orbital bombers
    Air mines

That's all I have for now.
  12. eroticburrito

eroticburrito Post Master General

Spiders and Flamethrower Bots :)
  13. Geers

Geers Post Master General

Flamethrower spiders?
    eroticburrito and sypheara like this.
  14. krypticwarrior

krypticwarrior Member

I know with the warp gates being recently implemented these may be considered unnecessary, but what if we had better transport units for moving large quantities of units from planet to planet, like a colonization ship that can house engineers and attacking units and have the ship with an option to set down and form a light temporary base with 2 defending laser towers and 2 anti-air turrets.
  15. sypheara

sypheara Member

So much yes. If these are vulnerable, but fast and short ranged that output a load of damage, they would make awesome flanking units when combined with their ability to ignore walls/wrecks etc.

Add in a paralyse beam version as well and mix them together for maximum awesome.
    eroticburrito likes this.
  16. eroticburrito

eroticburrito Post Master General

Omg can you imagine them scuttling over the wrecks of their burned out enemies husks? Terrifying.
    sypheara likes this.
  17. sypheara

sypheara Member

18. hi41000

hi41000 New Member

How about a plane that cant be spotted by radar but can be spotted by sight. I propose a stealth bomber! Kind of like a blackbird. It would allow ambushes and stealth runs :p
  19. sypheara

sypheara Member

I can already see all the rage threads.
  20. igncom1

igncom1 Post Master General

The problem with stealth, is players who rely on air scouts in a unrelenting hive above their territory.

Wait....that's not a problem.....that's a feature!