[REL] [CMM] Hotbuild2 v1.51 [113578]

Discussion in 'Released Mods' started by proeleert, December 8, 2013.

1. keterei

keterei Active Member

Yeah, I set adv metal extractor and normal mex under it for fabbers. Does assigning hotbuilds to keys disable their functions? I figured since the mexes are assigned to a non combat unit, the attack command wouldn't matter for them, but would still work for combat units.
  2. proeleert

proeleert Post Master General

It depends what function it is. Apparently these ones won't work. I allowed the overlap for @StormingKiwi for some rare case scenario don't know what it was anymore. I don't have any overlapping keys so don't really test those scenario's out. Maybe I shouldn't allow overlap anymore ....
  3. tomasr

tomasr New Member

I'm having a weird issue with this mod. During the first few minutes of the game, I can issue move orders by holding down shift and right-clicking where I want my units to go. But after a while I can no longer move, or do anything with ANY unit. They just hang around, not responding to move/build/attack (no, the game is not paused). And I no longer get the arrows indicating what is going to happen next except for units already having chained up a long sequence of tasks.

Anyone having the same problem?
  4. proeleert

Can you check in the debugger if you see any errors if that happens ?
  5. tomasr

tomasr New Member

How do I actually launch in debug mode and/or view some logs? I tried looking in the forum and googling, but am unable to figure it out.
  6. proeleert

In the PA installation folder goto Planetary Annihilation\PA\Coherent\Debugger\Win64 or Win32 depending on your OS. There you should find Debugger.exe
    Start it and click Go on the right Top then Click Coherent UI View link.
    upload_2014-1-30_19-6-37.png
    Then click on the Icon on the lower left bottom and see if there are errors when you have the issue.

Also please check if you don't have overlapping keys.
  7. tomasr

tomasr New Member

Nice howto!

No overlapping keys, and no errors in the console (not counting some locale issues when staring up). I'm starting to suspect that my system is choking. CPU is working hard and most memory is allocated (only have 4GB). It's always reproducible as soon as a bunch of units are on the screen so it does seem related to system load somehow. And sometimes I could get units to "snap out of it" and actually start doing things.
  8. Xagar

Xagar Active Member

From my own experience going from 4gb-8gb and trying to play PA, it's definitely a memory issue. You'll want to play only on very small maps with only 4gb at the moment. I eventually gave up myself until I upgraded. Luckily RAM is not very expensive at the moment.
    tomasr likes this.
  9. tomasr

tomasr New Member

Yeah, enough of this. Ordered 4GB more to be picked up tomorrow.
    proeleert likes this.
  10. proeleert

Released an big update: 1.9.9.6
    • Drag and Drop Settings
    • More Dynamic Loading in Settings
    • Better Import/Export
    • Fixes...
    Settings has changed drastically, so there could still be bugs
    In case of bug : Make sure you click a community default first + save and close. And Try Again.
    Oh old export format's won't work anymore just re-export.
  11. keterei

keterei Active Member

I think you're experiencing the same thing I do with hotbuild. when you issue orders, do you select move/attack/patrol from the buttons on the right of the screen, or do you use your keyboard? (Press a for an attack order, etc) ? If I use my keyboard to issue orders, my units are deselected. Next time you play, try using your keyboard to issue a command, and watch to see if your selected units become deselected. This test should help us come to a conclusion.
  12. proeleert

Just tested this again.
    Can't reproduce :(
    Make really sure you don't have overlapping keys !
  13. keterei

keterei Active Member

Yeah it was due to overlapping keys. I arranged some things around and I can use those commands now. I was just seeing if he maybe had the same trouble.
  14. brianpurkiss

brianpurkiss Post Master General

I'm trying to download and install Hotbuild2 through the Mac PAMM and I keep on getting the error "Couldn't open ZIP file! Reason: Not a zip archive"

I'm not getting this with other mods.

Any idea why this is happening?
  15. proeleert

Strange, can you try favorite color mod ?
    I think you might have to update your pamm.
  16. Tripax

Tripax Member

Last edited: February 2, 2014
  17. DeathByDenim

DeathByDenim Post Master General

Ah, you might want to hit the refresh button when you are in the "Available Mods" tab. It's likely showing you a slightly outdated cached version.
  18. brianpurkiss

brianpurkiss Post Master General

I did do that previously.

And I did it again this morning and it worked.

*shrugs*

Thanks!
  19. Infrabasse

Infrabasse Active Member

This might have been asked before, but is there any reason why the Function keys are not available for binding in hotbuild.?
    Early versions allowed this by assigning a function key (F1,2,3,...) in the hotbuild section of the PA keybinding screen to a hotbuild action #. In these later versions, only the main part of the keyboard is available for binding and I feel like structure building actions would be particularly suited for these extra keys. They're easier to remember for me and currently I just can't configure something that's not feeling cluttered and disorganised.

I love the concept of this mod but I'm really finding it hard to use because of the above.

Actually this would go for the whole keyboard. I'd quite like to bind tilde to some stuff as well.
    Last edited: February 7, 2014
  20. proeleert

You can use them if you use the swap function.
    I'm going to bring back the full keyboard soon.
    Infrabasse likes this.