Use the In-Game Community Mods - Original PA Mod Manager (PAMM) is Obsolete

Discussion in 'Released Mods' started by Raevn, August 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LavaSnake

LavaSnake Post Master General

Can you open the log? (List icon next to the available mods tab.)
  2. carcinoma

carcinoma New Member

@LavaSnake ,
    Unfortunately I can't. I literally can't do anything. It seems like the application is frozen, but I don't get any error messages about PAMM not responding.
    Last edited: February 4, 2014
  3. LavaSnake

LavaSnake Post Master General

ok, you'll have to wait for @raevn to look at it then. He's usually very fast so you should have this fixed in no time.
  4. matizpl

matizpl Well-Known Member

In menus I get this message
    "Mod Manager is offline"
    I can't browse anything, news aren't updated and I can only use already installed mods. Any ideas what can fix it?
  5. Raevn

Raevn Moderator Alumni

One of the first thing PAMM does on startup is attempt to download the file http://pa.raevn.com/pamm_online.txt, which is just a text file. If it fails, PAMM goes into offline mode.

Can you confirm if you can open this file in your browser (it should just say "true")? Also, can you enable debug mode and paste your log here?

@carcinoma, can you also confirm that you can download this file?
  6. matizpl

Pobieranie określonego zasobu nie powiodło się - it means "Downloading data failed"
    Yes, I'm able to open it in browser

Btw on page 15 I described the problem I had before. I didn't fix it because I was lazy, I just reinstalled newer version of PAMM and then I get this bug so I assume those two are connected somehow
    This is the post:
    Last edited: February 5, 2014
  7. Raevn

Raevn Moderator Alumni

It sounds like something is blocking PAMM from accessing the internet, either your antivirus or Internet Explorer Security settings. Try disabling your antivirus temporarily to see if it works. Also check your Internet Explorer settings to see if they are set to default for the Intranet Zone.
    matizpl likes this.
  8. carcinoma

carcinoma New Member

@raevn,

Thank you for your answer!
    I managed to disable all Internet Explorer's security options and finally the site from your link returned "true" so I could download it (before doing that IE couldn't find such website). If it's about PAMM - it acts the same way as I described it before, there are no changes. I reinstalled PAMM a few times, but it didn't fix the problem.
  9. matizpl

**** internet explorer. The offline mode from IE already blocked me from launching Starcraft for 4 days until i figured it out lol. Ok thanks i fixed it, i just need to launch ie online mode and then PAMM works. Thanks for advices.
    carcinoma and Raevn like this.
  10. cmdrflop

cmdrflop Active Member

wow, this is really nice. It looks and feels like this is part of the official game, not a community made mod manager : ) Maybe i just underestimate modders... But anyways, thank you raevn for letting me be lazy!
    carcinoma and LavaSnake like this.
  11. carcinoma

carcinoma New Member

I downgraded IE 11 to 9. It just solved my problem with PAMM not showing any content. Unfortunately now I am getting this kind of errors: puu.sh/6LajU.jpg
    That's what it says in English:

"Value of "FindInstalledMods" is empty or undefined, it is not an object of Function."

PAMM doesn't automatically find install location of PA, I also can't set it manually. Here is a list of most errors I get, they are pretty similar:

"Value of "InstallMod" is empty or undefined, it is not an object of Function."
    "Value of "LaunchURL" is empty or undefined, it is not an object of Function."
    And one from debugger:
    Error loading online mod download count data: Value of "WriteModsJSON" is empty or undefined, it is not an object of Function.
    Hmm, should I downgrade IE further to version 8 or update it to 10...? I have lack of ideas :/
  12. beastslairsfraggle

beastslairsfraggle New Member

Hello Raevn,

I have to say that I was very taken with the idea of installing mods in such a simple manner, but unfortunately even though downloading mods seems to be going just fine they don't seem to be loaded at all even with all mods checked under [Installed mods]. It doesn't look like there are any error messages as well.

Anyone know what could be going wrong, I tried looking back a few pages in this thread but didn't find anything so far.
    Last edited: February 12, 2014
  13. dusanak

dusanak Member

I am having the same problem as you do. I have even checked the mod folder itself and all the mods are there and as far as I know, the config is OK too. I still have no idea what is causing the problem but I don't think that it is a problem with the mod manager itself.
  14. DeathByDenim

DeathByDenim Post Master General

You could try looking at the PA logs. It should tell you which mods it tries to load. And if they fail to load.
    You can find those logs in:
    Linux: ~/.local/Uber Entertainment/Planetary Annihilation/log
    Mac OS X: $HOME/Library/Application Support/Uber Entertainment/Planetary Annihilation/log
    Windows: %LOCALAPPDATA%\Uber Entertainment\Planetary Annihilation\log
    There will probably be multiple logs, so to be sure you are looking at the most recent one, just delete them all and start PA once.

It should contain a section like this at the top:
    Code:
    [23:33:12.725] INFO Loading mod : rCommanderHP
    [23:33:12.725] INFO Loading mod : dFavouriteColour
    [23:33:12.725] INFO Loading mod : rModsList
    [23:33:12.725] INFO Loading mod : PAMM
    [23:33:12.725] INFO Loading mod : dMesaUiFix
    [23:33:12.725] INFO Loading mod : pa_stats_online
    [23:33:12.726] INFO Loading mod : rFloatFrame
    [23:33:12.726] INFO Loading mod : randomsystemtemplates
    [23:33:12.726] INFO Loading mod : rSettingsManager
    [23:33:12.726] INFO Loading mod : dNotes
    [23:33:12.726] INFO Client loaded 10 mods
  15. dusanak

dusanak Member

That is odd. My log folder is completely empty. I tried running the game again to check whether it would create a new log but it didn't. I am running the game through Steam (although I used to run it directly using the launcher), does it have a different folder for the logs or something?
  16. DeathByDenim

How on Earth did you manage that? ;)
    It shouldn't matter if you run it through Steam or not though. The config folder for PA should always be the same. What happens if you rename the "Planetary Annihilation" folder to "Planetary Annihilation.bak". Does it create a new one?
    (Note that this will delete your settings until you rename "Planetary Annihilation.bak" back to "Planetary Annihilation".)
  17. dusanak

dusanak Member

Ok so I have renamed it and ran PA. It in fact did create a new Planetary Annihilation folder, however the log folder stays empty no matter what.
  18. DeathByDenim

Well, that's.. uhm.. weird? Could it be a permission problem? That is, can you create files yourself in the log folder?

And since PA seems to have trouble creating files, could you check if pamm created "mods.json" in the mods folder?
  19. dusanak

dusanak Member

mods.json is alright as far as I know. It is weird for it to be a permission problem, I have got full admin rights and I autorun all programs as an admin.
    Code:
    {
        "mount_order": [
            "com.pa.raevn.rpamm",
            "com.pa.raevn.pamm.rsettingsmanager",
            "com.pa.raevn.rfloatframe",
            "com.pa.stan_petit_cul.EcoEff",
            "com.pa.proeleert.hotbuild2",
            "info.nanodesu.pastats",
            "com.pa.raevn.rcommanderhp"
        ]
    }
    Last edited: February 13, 2014
  20. DeathByDenim

Yeah, I agree, but it's the only thing I could think about.
    Well, I'm stumped. I hope somebody else reading this has any ideas...?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.