UI suggestion and asteroid belts

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by Arachnis, January 27, 2014.

1. Pendaelose

Pendaelose Well-Known Member

My idea is that they would be too small and plentiful for "base building" to be practical. A rock only large enough for 2 turrets shouldn't consume your attention when a quick button click can do it.
  2. chronosoul

chronosoul Well-Known Member

Now we are getting into the realm of "asteroid size" and "base buildable rocks" and I feel we need to wait for uber to catch up to this point so we can see if our visions line up. I thought asteroids would be the size in the kickstarter trailer but you are describing much smaller.
  3. Pendaelose

I think there could be those too, but not nearly as many, maybe dozens? The smaller ones I'm talking about would be in the hundreds.
  4. chronosoul

Then I have to disagree with asteroids that size. but then again I didn't even think of having asteroids that size. So i'm at a catch 22 in that thought.

going to have to wait for uber to explain asteroid sizing plans and what buildable area an asteroid might have where only 2 turrets are "worth building on the rock/are the only buildable structures on the rock"
  5. Pendaelose

The idea is that you have lots of them because locking them down with defenses would be similar to building static defenses around your base. This wouldn't be done at the celestial view, but rather once zoomed in on the belt and viewing it as an orbital layer.

It's an idea, that's all. The real substance of the idea is treating the asteroid belt like a ring shaped orbital layer instead of as dozens (or hundreds) of tiny planets that are zoomed in on as individuals. Having small rocks, even if they are non-interactable would help fill that space and give it less of a void between planets feeling.
  6. chronosoul

I'm not sure how i feel about asteroid belts being locked down with defenses and avengers going in to asteroid belts to deal with it. Seems like the battle would be to focused on Orbital space battles.

I'd rather the asteroids have engineers "land" on an asteroid and that initiates the asteroid as a buildable object.
  7. Pendaelose

It would be an orbital arena, but I for one would enjoy that. I really look forward to all of the space happy mods we can look forward to in PA.

My only concern about every asteroid being a tiny planet is the management. It gets hectic enough trying to build on 3+ moons while not under attack. I worry about dropping 20+ mini planets into the game if they are going to have the same UI.
    Arachnis likes this.
  8. kothanlem

kothanlem New Member

Jet bots would be awesome, it could be like Mechwarrior.