LOADOUT.

Discussion in 'Unrelated Discussion' started by 1kunkka, February 1, 2014.

1. 1kunkka

1kunkka New Member

Who is playing it?
    I started yesterday and it kinda feels like SMNC in a way , but tweaked and without stupid grapples.
  2. kvalheim

kvalheim Post Master General

Off-Topic is that way -->
    Servers for Loadout are crashed today. Tried to play, couldn't
  3. jbeetle

jbeetle Well-Known Member

Loadout's servers got hit harder than expected so they put out a patch to help a bit.

Anyway, I played bots so far. It's fun, more like Unreal Tournament in my mind than TF2, who most people will say it reminds them of.
  4. 1kunkka

1kunkka New Member

Artstyle reminds me of 2007 tf2 , which is good.
    Im an UT veteran , it's way different.

It's fast paced and it has gore who cares about the rest? , but whoever used to play arena shooters back in the day will easily pick this game up and rape.
  5. poiuasd

poiuasd Well-Known Member

I've been playing it every once in a while throughout the beta. It was fun to go on a few full matches without dying at all after release.
  6. hificommander

hificommander Active Member

I played it for a while, the variety of weapons you can make is neat in theory but the game lost its lustre to me after using some of the couple instagib setups. I guess I paid for early access, which I don't recall. I would put a bit more time into it if weapon balance has improved and I can play with smnc folks.
  7. kvalheim

kvalheim Post Master General

Finally got in, was kinda... meh.
  8. dreizehn

dreizehn Active Member

I just tried the game a bit and it feels like nothing special to me. More like "another gore shooter" or tf2 in a new skin.
    I'd rather play smnc once the servers will allow it.
  9. thetrophysystem

thetrophysystem Post Master General

its a tf2 style shooter with modular weapons. Terrific idea. Don't mind the comparisons at all. Balance can always be tweaked.

end of the day, everyone will compare every game to another, as if it weren't a ripoff of one before.
  10. hostileparadox

hostileparadox Well-Known Member

Playing it, I was actually accepted into the Beta a few months ago, but had lost interest until I got reminded it existed again. I like it, it does remind me of the silly fun of SMNC.

Partial controller support, so you can use the controller in matches, but you have to use the mouse and keyboard for the Menus.

The only thing I don't like are the ridiculously high moon jumps everyone does by just jumping normally.
    Makes up close fights an annoying game of jump/shoot/melee/dizzy camera tracking.

It does use UberNet to handle money transactions, so Uber makes some money out of the deal.

And if someone wants to trade Bro Codes:
    Because you get 10% more XP when you’re in a game with a Bro, whether they’re on your team or not!

http://www.loadout.com/account/create/?bro=1174
  11. poiuasd

The higher jump is actually done by jumping right after a diveroll.
  12. hostileparadox

Yeah, but I mean just regular jumping is so dang high.
  13. thebigpill

thebigpill Well-Known Member

I don't really like the design concept. I'd rather play a game with two well designed guns than thousand random ones. That being said, my 1337 Quake buddies told me any Quaker can rape in that game, so I might check it out if I need a quick ego boost in the near future.
    kvalheim likes this.
  14. poiuasd

Well it's currently so poorly balanced that there's only a handful of good weapon builds.
  15. jbeetle

jbeetle Well-Known Member

lol I knew you'd say something like that.
    tehemopenguin likes this.
  16. hostileparadox

Beam Weapons right now feel to me like a straight up upgrade from regular gun to me.
  17. Orome

Orome Well-Known Member

I can't get in any match, the game is dead.
  18. NefariousFusion

NefariousFusion Member

I just tried this game after days of procastinating, adn the only thing I can say is that this game is way more confusing than everything.
    I tried a small series of matches agains the AI and for almost everytime I wasn't able to do anything, because I didn't have any idea about what to do in there.
    The only thing I was hearing was the announcer constantly telling were were losing points and matches.
  19. poiuasd

http://www.loadout.com/game-info/
  20. hostileparadox

Loadout Game Modes:

Death Snatch = Kill confirmed.
    Blutonium = dog tags.
    Killling someone does nothing, recovering the vial of blutonium gets you the point for the kill.
    Or recover your ally's Blutonium to prevent the enemy from scoring a point.

Jack Hammer = Capture the flag.
    Capture the enemy hammer and bring it back to your base, but the hammer is weapon, attack to smash it down on top of enemies. It is a one hit kill weapon. Killing enemies with the hammer increases the hammer value, giving you more points when you successfully return it to your base. You can still sprint, roll, and jump while carrying it. You can even drop it to fight with your guns. But if the enemy touches the dropped hammer, it is returned to their base. You cannot score the enemy hammer if your hammer is not in your base.

Blitz = Control Points
    A random point on the map is active at any time. Stay in the point area until you capture it. The more people on the point, the quicker it captures. Taunting while on the point also increases capture rate.

Extraction:
    Someone on your team is the designated collector, they have to grab the chunks of Blutonium on the map and bring them to the grinder for processing. If the collector is killed, one of the remaining alive players will be assigned as the new collector. The enemy also has a designated collector. Try and keep your collector alive while killing the enemy collector. Killing the collector will cost them harvesting time, letting you get the win.

ANNIHILATION
    Combination of Blitz/Death Snatch/Jack Hammer
    Get to 10,000 points to bring down the enemy base shields. Then, steal their hammer, bring it to your base to charge the hammer up, then run back into the enemy base and smash the power core on the enemy ship.
    Last edited: February 5, 2014