Use the In-Game Community Mods - Original PA Mod Manager (PAMM) is Obsolete

Discussion in 'Released Mods' started by Raevn, August 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. reallexx

reallexx New Member

C:\Program Files (x86)\Planetary Annihilation\PA

(guess that question was for someone els)

all defaults even set them to unsafe settings aswell, i do have Norton internet security, so it may be applying the block as well, i am using IE11 on here as well

what IE are you using ?
    Last edited: February 2, 2014
  2. tripper

tripper Active Member

You broke it :(

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Edit: Win7
  3. Raevn

Raevn Moderator Alumni

I'm using IE 11. Not using Norton though, can you temporarily disable it and see if it works?
    Also, where is your user folder located?

Code:
    61            for (var i = 0; i < strLocaleTextItems.length; i++) {
    62                var objLocItems = $(".LOC_" + strLocaleTextItems[i]);
    Not sure how you can get that error there ... if it was a problem with jquery you'd see a different error message.
    Specifically, this:
    upload_2014-2-2_16-5-14.png

What were you doing at the time, was it when you first launched PAMM?

Edit: The forum syntax does not play well with javascript arrays.
  4. reallexx

reallexx New Member

on the c drive

do not want to reload windows to fix this issue, (the HTA domain issue seems random from what i have been googling on)

and i still get the permission denied if i press refresh
  5. Raevn

Raevn Moderator Alumni

I wouldn't suggest a re-load of windows in any case. That rarely fixes application issues, and even when it does there's usually a far easier way.

Can you click "No" on the errors, then turn on Debug Mode in settings and post your log here?
  6. tripper

tripper Active Member

All I did was click 'yes' to update it when prompted and now it's broken. All I have is the mod window and there are no contents under any of the tabs..

Interacting with the controls under your new settings bit(?) gets me a new error;
    [​IMG]

The new log window displays the word LOG and nothing else.

I didn't change the installation location, downloading and installing didn't make any difference.

Might be permissions based, I use a limited account for day to day use but that has not caused issues with it before.
  7. reallexx

reallexx New Member

still get that safety error

if i press refresh i get permission error
  8. Raevn

Raevn Moderator Alumni

Can you let me know whether the following files are present in the "manager" folder:
    • jquery-1.10.2.min.js
    • json3.min.js
    • locale.js
    Also, do you have any plugins etc. installed in Internet Explorer?

Is anything entered in your log, or is it also blank like tripper?
  9. tripper

tripper Active Member

Confirming these are present in the folder you mentioned.

I don't use IE and have not got any plugins that I'm aware of. Having trouble finding it to check though tbh.

EDIT: Don't appear to actually 'have' IE at all from what I can tell.
  10. reallexx

reallexx New Member

on an windows 8 install running from a VMware player box also fails (line 844 unable to get Property `innerHTML` of undefined or null reference) but i cant launch the game any way

them files are present, the issue is that the HTA file is calling URLs and its been blocked
  11. Raevn

Raevn Moderator Alumni

At the run prompt (Win + R), type "iexplore.exe"
  12. tripper

tripper Active Member

This does nothing as I don't have ie.
  13. reallexx

reallexx New Member

i just have to work out how to do it manually until this mod is a exe file
  14. Raevn

Raevn Moderator Alumni

That's probably the problem then. MSHTA uses the IE renderer to display HTML content. If IE has been uninstalled, I can't really predict what issues you'll have.
  15. tripper

tripper Active Member

So far it has worked without issue as long as this mod has been a thing, only this update broke it.
  16. reallexx

reallexx New Member

its annoying really as meta is running windows 8.1 and mod works fine (surprisingly) , got to be a Reg setting that has disabled it
  17. Raevn

Raevn Moderator Alumni

Did you actually uninstall IE? It sounds like you weren't sure. If not, this could possibly be some kind of symptom of malware.
    What is your operating system?

The only really new thing in this version is Jquery. It's finding the jquery JS file (or it would have given that other error i mentioned), but maybe something in that is breaking without IE.

PAMM itself does not currently interact with the registry at all. The installer does, but that's just to register that it's installed, and has zero impact on actually running PAMM.
  18. reallexx

reallexx New Member

HTA files should not be able to access outside of the local pc as it be very easy to run malware on a pc if it was allowed to do so, but for most users it does work any way, just the odd pc that it sometimes the HTA file ends up with that block message
  19. Raevn

Raevn Moderator Alumni

HTA websites should run under the "intranet" zone, which has a different set of security settings (more relaxed) than regular websites. The reason being, you have to manually save them then run them. Also, PAMM does not run elevated, so even *if* anything suspicious was happening, it couldn't do much (If you're concerned, the full source is available just by right clicking and editing the file with any text editor).
  20. mbainrot

mbainrot New Member

Having a lot of grief getting it to work :(

Seems like it cannot create folders under %APP_DATA%

I manually created the pamm_cache and then fired it up and now I am getting two errors on start up

Error #1
    Script Error_2014-02-02_18-35-09.png

Error #2
    Script Error_2014-02-02_18-35-38.png

Then when I go to install something such as Settings Manager I get the following error
    Script Error_2014-02-02_18-37-25.png

It appears to download the zip file containing the mod but then fails to proceed any further and gneerates the following log entries.
    PA UI Mod Manager_2014-02-02_18-38-32.png

Is there any other folders this thing creates that I may or may not need to create by hand?

Running Windows 7 Pro, 64 bit, Steam lives on non system drive, mod manager is on the system drive.
    Zone settings for intranet are lowest (please tell me this is something I need to do for the long term...)

One possible gremlin that I am going to try out is the fact I have IE 11 installed, going to attempt to remove it... with force... and will post how I go.

Edit:
    Just killed IE 11 without a reboot (but with lots of fire, glorious fire) and no joy, for sanity sake, going to do a reboot and try again. I read earlier that the error with hex codes EOF file problems and will try nuking the pamm.json file again
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.