Use the In-Game Community Mods - Original PA Mod Manager (PAMM) is Obsolete

Discussion in 'Released Mods' started by Raevn, August 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lokiCML

lokiCML Post Master General

Think you, that was the issue.
    Just for reference: PA is currently installed in Windows 7 default directory. (Not steam)
    Last edited: January 28, 2014
    Raevn likes this.
  2. reallexx

reallexx New Member

i just get access denied on mine (attached file if it let me)

Attached Files:

3. istarei

istarei New Member

Hi there,
    i recently installed PAMM and think its just awesome. Really like the mods available there.
    But today strange things happened. I tried to update the settings manager and when it wouldnt work
    i realized that PA was still running. So i closed PA and tried again but since then nothing works except uninstall.
    So i uninstalled the manager mod to install it again but nothing happens when i click install.

Same with every other mod. I can uninstall them but im not able to install them again. I tried reinstalling PAMM
    but no success. Also PAMM looked kind of fail since the beginning ( as seen in the screenshot below ).

Anybody got a clue how to fix this? A friend of mine has the same issue, he cant install mods at all though the links to the forum work.

Edit: I run PA with the launcher, not steam.

Attached Files:

4. DeathByDenim

DeathByDenim Post Master General

There was an error in the download link for the settings manager mod. Lots of mods depend on that, so those couldn't be installed either. It's fixed now, so just hit "Refresh" in PAMM and all should be good again.
    Raevn likes this.
  5. istarei

istarei New Member

Hey, thanks for the fast response. Yea its working now, so all the fine mods are back :)

Still got the weird cut off edge in the PAMM window though, so i dont have the buttons refresh, start PA ect.
    Have to use the launcher but thats not much of an issue ;)

Keep up the good work!
  6. Raevn

Raevn Moderator Alumni

This can be caused by Text Zoom - Press Ctrl-0 to reset to 100%, and if that doesn't work go to Control Panel\Appearance and Personalization\Display and check that "Smaller - 100%" is selected.
  7. istarei

istarei New Member

I trtied that, didnt work. Theres always a certain part cut off at the bottom.
    If the control panel is one of the buttons on the bottom i cant see them ;) If not which control panel do you mean?
  8. cptconundrum

cptconundrum Post Master General

The Windows control panel.
  9. SideSplitter

SideSplitter New Member

When I've added a mod to the PAMM, is there an easy way to update that mod or do I still need to push it and wait for approval?
  10. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

I don't think there is an easier way.
    cptconundrum likes this.
  11. LavaSnake

LavaSnake Post Master General

To @raevn

He could be added to the org so he can just push commits directly to the repo. That would also mean one more user to accept pull requests and thus make that faster for others. (Maybe we should set up rules for being accepted into the org.)
  12. istarei

istarei New Member

Ah ok. Didn't think of that. "Smaller 100%" is selected already. Am I right that *.hta is opened by InternetExplorer? Maybe theres something wrong with that. Never really cared about it since i dont use it at all.
  13. cptconundrum

Yes, it is Internet Explorer. I'm not sure what could be causing this though
  14. Raevn

Raevn Moderator Alumni

Can you post a screenshot of what PAMM looks like for you?
  15. cptconundrum

He did already.
    https://forums.uberent.com/threads/rel-pa-mod-manager-v3-0-4.50726/page-17#post-862239
  16. aswan

aswan New Member

Hey,

I get an error when starting PAMM.
    It says "Could not find Planetary Annihilation. Please enter path to PA.exe"
    If shows the wrong path too. When I enter the correct path and click on "ok", the same message appears again this time with the correct path stated but not accepted.
  17. Raevn

Raevn Moderator Alumni

Version 3.1.1 of PAMM Released!

Changes
    • Feature: Settings Menu
      • Language
      • Default tab
      • Verbose Log
      • Debug Mode (extra logging)
    • Feature: PAMM remembers last Sort/Filter setting
    • Feature: Log
    • Feature: Online/Offline detection
    • Feature: PAMM & Mod localisation support (English, French, Dutch, German)
      • All PAMM UI except logging
      • Mod Display Name & Descriptions
    • Feature: Custom Mod Icons
    • Feature: Mod Like counts (from forum post)
    • Feature: Sort by Likes
    • Feature: Misc UI Layout & formatting changes, mostly to accomodate localisation
    • Feature: PAMM now has a proper icon
    • Bugfix: files are now written in UTF-8
    Localisations
    PAMM now supports localised text, both in the application itself and within the mods (name & description). If anyone thinks they can provide new languages, or suggest changes to existing ones, the localisation file is called "locale.js", in the "manager" folder - please fill in the appropriate text and the 2 letter locale code, then send them back to me, and I'll add it into PAMM.

I'll write up on the first post how to add different languages to your mods shortly

Mod Icons
    Mods can now have custom icons in the Available Mods list. These icons are 100x100 pixels in size, and are specified using the "icon" attribute in the modinfo file. There is a folder in the GitHub repo for icons also.
  18. LavaSnake

LavaSnake Post Master General

I love this update! The icons are especially nice.
  19. reallexx

reallexx New Member

be nice if i could get past the permissions issues

now i get line 1487
    char 4
    error safety settings on this computer prohibit accessing a data source on another domain

i could turn of UAC see what that does
    Last edited: February 2, 2014
  20. Raevn

Raevn Moderator Alumni

What path is your PA.exe at?

That's more likely an Internet Explorer Security setting. Let me see if I can find which one.
    Have you modified your settings at all? If you go to Internet Options > Security Tab, are all the zones (Internet, Local intranet etc) set to Default Level?
    Last edited: February 2, 2014
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.