Official Camera Feedback Thread

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by UberGaf, December 11, 2013.

1. Tontow

Tontow Active Member

There need to be 2 friction settings, one for scrolling side to side and one for zooming.
    IE: I prefer to have a very stiff scrolling camera, but if I do a quick roll on the mouse wheel to zoom out, I want it to really zoom out and do so really fast.
  2. tatsujb

tatsujb Post Master General

yea plz bring back edge scrolling
    Arachnis likes this.
  3. Arachnis

Arachnis Well-Known Member

I'd say that the thing we need most is to be able to tell orbital and the other layers better apart.
    So how about an additional step between viewing ground, navy and air, and the interplanetary view, where we only see the orbital units. I think that would be the easiest solution to that problem.

But that has probably been mentioned before quite a few times.
  4. superouman

superouman Post Master General

do you plan to add a way to choose the movement speed of the debug/freecam?
    Maybe it is possible by changing a value in the files.
  5. Tiller

Tiller Active Member

Is there a way to move around in the freecam yet? I can set the freecam but I can't figure out how to move the placement around, just the angle.

Also an option to toggle pole lock on and off would be helpful if it doesn't already exist. Pole lock is my prefered camera since it's much easier to reference stuff I've built or seen relative to one another. I would like the soft lock idea around the poles and the option to turn the lock off and on if I want to get a better angle of something.
    corteks likes this.
  6. zaphodx

zaphodx Post Master General

You can use shift to speed up but yeah it is set irrespective of your pan speed setting.
  7. SXX

SXX Post Master General

There is one annoying thing I don't like about current camera, but don't think it's bug. In-game if my camera rotated when I use space bar camera move to system view and set default camera position. When I zoom to some planet again camera rotate back to my settings.

It's happen pretty fast and looks bad. Probably switch between system view and planet view might be better.
  8. cptconundrum

cptconundrum Post Master General

It would be really nice if all automatic camera controls moved the camera smoothly and a lot slower.
  9. superouman

I actually want it to be slower. It's moving too fast near the surface of the planet.
  10. zaphodx

Oh I'm derping. Just change your pan speed in the settings and it will slow down your freecam panning too. Try pan speed = 3 for nice slow pan cinematics.
  11. superouman

Oh nice, i'm going to try it tonight.
  12. vackillers

vackillers Well-Known Member

I haven't found any options to pan the camera yet, does anyone know how to do this? or is this not in the game yet? I coulda sworn this function was in the alpha but not doesn't seem to be even in the key options settings. I know the middle mouse button lets you scroll around like the arrow keys, but for actually panning the camera around 360 degrees doesn't seem to be in game anymore?
  13. zaphodx

If you mean camera panning and not rotating then use the arrow keys, or in the options menu you can setup wasd for panning.
  14. EdWood

EdWood Active Member

I use the camera a lot and spin the planet, love it.

Most of the time, I save camera positions, so helpful.

Could you implement something for the zoom? If you scroll the mouse wheel really fast so you can zoom in and out accelerated?
  15. zaphodx

This is already implemented. Test doing it at different speeds.
  16. EdWood

EdWood Active Member

Really, well if so (need to test it again), I would love to be able to adjust the speed as well within the game settings.
  17. nebulafox

nebulafox Member

PA doesn't support accelerated mouse, it is down to the OS. In your case it may not be enabled.
  18. EdWood

EdWood Active Member

Thx, I also just saw that you can change the zoom speed in the game settings. :) That will do. :)
  19. Devastator

Devastator New Member

Hi, New to the forums here, just played PA for the first time for 20 minutes, and had to stop.

Will there be an option for the FOV to be adjustable? I just installed the game, and played it for 20 or so minutes, and it is unplayable for anyone suffering from motion sickness.

I still have a headache 30 minutes after the game. The fish eye effect caused due to the curvature of the planet causes an optical FOV change, which is really quite bothersome.....also just as an additional idea...any news as to the angle of the camera changing? Or maybe there is a way to do that, no idea since I just started, but will look around...

FOV though, that is a must, otherwise...for me, I wont be able to play this ever again...do not really want to puke myself after 15 minutes of setting up a base ;) Thanks.
  20. superouman

Thank you very much, I tried it and it is exactly what I need.

Now, uber need to enable "Toggle off FoW" in the game review mode and replay files to watch at anytime and i'm in heavens.
    zaphodx likes this.