Wow, Way to totally make this game spam tastic!

Discussion in 'Balance Discussions' started by mechano, January 24, 2014.

1. drz1

drz1 Post Master General

Saying this game has no tactics is silly. Even the simplest games have tactics. Perhaps it just doesn't allow the tactics you WANT to use?
    Personally, I'm loving the idea that it's about expand quick, be aggressive, own the world(s). Doesn't mean I'm not TERRIBLE at it.
  2. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

Well said.
    thetrophysystem likes this.
  3. mechano

mechano New Member

Now that kicked up a discussion didn't it!

I agree saying a game as 'no' tactics is retarded. Even fruit ninja has tactics!

Another issue i have is with orbital being so early now too, There's just too much going on and the orbital layer doesn't 'work' as it currently is. Having to 'find' the unit your after in the mass of units 'floating' above is a pain. I personally have to go onto an angle and zoom out just to see my units in the orbital layer as finding them top down is just so much of a pain it's untrue.

It's just clunky and horrible and i don't know if that can be fixed. It's an ambitious game but i don't know if it's going 'come together' at all because it seems fundamentally the orbital layer is wrong and broken. At least to me.

I'm not saying anything bad against the dev's as people seem to think and i appreciate the reply from garat. Call it constructive citism. But alas, The zombie world we live in people can't take any kind of criticism without feeling threatened! Fear is there weapon though so i'm not suprised!

Also, Off topic, Nice to see crypto currencies been given out for the tournament at the weekend. I was mining BTC back in 2010 and still mine now. Infact, Im working on an optimised kernal for scrypt mining as CGminer dropped GPU support. So far, extra 30-50KH :)
  4. mot9001

mot9001 Well-Known Member

walls are very op atm. repairing them is even more op (look at zaphods patch video)
  5. doud

doud Well-Known Member

So why do you keep posting ?
    If you think a rts on planet map does not work i hardly understand what you really expect by posting here.
    Hopefully you've not put your money in this game, because just in case you did not notice it, it's a RTS with planet maps .....
  6. Bastilean

Bastilean Active Member

“The World is Very Flat, There is no doubt of that. (Night Thoughts of a tortoise suffering fom insomnia on a lawn)”

E.V. Rieu
  7. thetrophysystem

thetrophysystem Post Master General

Line all the fruit that pop up at same time up, then slice all them in one line when they line up. Go for less single swings and do as many multiple fruit in single lengthy slices.

Uh er, as I was saying, this game has some new strategy. It isn't what is traditional to RTS, that doesn't make it terrible, it makes it new. I didn't expect it to play like it does, but I am so so so interested in sharpening up to it, because I love a challenge and my nipples are hard.

Also, this game is moddable. Check my idea out for flat maps below. You can either crater the poles, creating a cylinder and a map where the ends touch but not the top or bottom, or a flat map where craters cut sides out at every direction and one would have a wall to hug for safety, or a plus shape where top and bottom wrap and left and right wrap but the corners don't... and in case you want it more flat and square you can just chisle the shape out of a face and make the planet bigger so the cut out shape is flatter, admittedly never "perfectly flat" but barely noticable curvature and correct enough shape.

[​IMG]
    Grimseff likes this.
  8. Nullimus

Nullimus Well-Known Member

Absolutely right. The increase in allied units from America during WW II was the key component to the allied European victory, and the Nuke won the war in the Pacific. So I guess that validates both spam and nukes as appropriate tools for victory.
    Grimseff likes this.
  9. mechano

mechano New Member

Except that WW1 & WW2 was apart of an 'agenda' and so is WW3 if we let it happen. Yes, WW1,2 & 3 have been planned since the late 18th Century (that's 17xx for the young and uneducated of the world) and so far they have been successful in most of there goals. Thee powers that be used 'pearl harbour' as there catalyst to get the Americans on there side to join the war and from then on it's been constant war after war (in the name of defence i might add) which only gives elites power and strips it from the people. Roll in central banking and as one David Rothschild once said ' Give me the power of a nations currency and i care not who governs it!'.

The problem they have with starting WW3 as planed is that people are not so brainwashed by operation 'mockingbird' (thats controlled main stream media for the uneducated once more) as they were in the 80's/90's/00's and there is a global awakening that all governments, West, Middle or eastern countries are corrupt to the bone and are not for the people. What a lot don't realise is the so called 'illuminatti' or whatever you want to call this group (think rockerfellers/Queens of england/Rothchilds/ JP Morgan & Co) are not the only group. Hitler was the head of another such group that went for a power grab (with help from 'tall whites' if you want go down that rabbit hole) but failed in the end as other groups rallied together against a common enemy. After all this most of the worlds power was left in a few hands, But that's true at any point in human history bar none! Hence the so called 'cold war' which was just to instill fear within people. Now we even have groups such as 'cicada 3301' and god knows how many othes out there that all seem to go with the 'crowley' way of thinking. Dak times ahead if these powers persist!

You see, fear is there biggest weapon against us, As soon as you drop all your fear and stand up and be counted you are a VERY powerful weapon against the corporeality we live under dictated to us by banksters. THIS is why crypto currencies are a revolution, THIS is why cryptography in general SHOULD BE standard protocol FOR ALL!

There is a rising in conciseness worldwide and that is why we stopped such wars syria! The tides aee turrning but trrust me, None of these powerful organisations will go without a fight! The road in front is bloody and messy, thats for sure! But there is light and hope always! Cryptography is the future, With or without you as they say, Time stands fo no man!!!

Sorry to go off topic but seriously, Don't say people worked on nukes and produces weapons of mass destruction (and small arms included) because they knew it was right and just. People did what they were told by there master's of there fictional farm (country for the uneducated!) and pitted us against each other in there master plan of divide and conquer, which is still the same today! We are all brothers and sisters and we are all made of stars!

Peace, And good luck in the troubles coming ahead

/rant
    Last edited: January 27, 2014
    elwyn and hahapants like this.
  10. Nullimus

Nullimus Well-Known Member

I appreciate what you are saying and I can't say I disagree with all of it.

Whether the wars were parts of an agenda or not. The nuke ended the pacific war and production won the European war.
    hahapants likes this.
  11. cptconundrum

cptconundrum Post Master General

No.
    aevs likes this.
  12. thetdawg3191

thetdawg3191 Active Member

.......when did this forum turn into conspiracy talk central? i dont want none of that in my planet smashin' forums! begone with you, you crazy galute!
  13. garat

garat Cat Herder Uber Alumni

Steer this thread back on topic, please. :) Getting a little out there with the theories about totally unrelated stuff.
    websterx01 and aevs like this.
  14. Nayzablade

Nayzablade Active Member

Whoa...those gun polish fumes can really get to ya, lol.

Seriously though, how are you going to create 10,000 unit armies without a little "spam"...?
    leighzer likes this.
  15. broadsideet

broadsideet Active Member

Continuously calls people uneducated. Uses "there" when it should most definitely be "their" every single time.

As for the topic, IMO spam is not building a lot of units. Spam is building a ton of 1 unit and just overwhelming a mixed army. TBH I think air is spammable and it is quite irritating, but I have harped on that in other threads.

I think the OP is mislead, but correct in very few situations.
  16. BulletMagnet

BulletMagnet Post Master General

I enjoy the irony of it too.
    broadsideet likes this.
  17. eukanuba

eukanuba Well-Known Member

Phew! Good job you haven't been affected by the rise in conciseness!
    BulletMagnet likes this.
  18. websterx01

websterx01 Post Master General

One word: Bots.
  19. leighzer

leighzer Member

With this game and the given scope, a few hundred units of the same type != spam.
    drz1 likes this.