Suggestion; Orbital view: Hide ground units on zoom out?

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by Tontow, January 24, 2014.

1. Tontow

Tontow Active Member

So as of late I have had issues locating my orbital units when looking at my base.

So I was thinking that this can be solved by ether:
    - hiding ground units when you zoom out enough or
    - When you zoom out enough you can toggle a semi transparent orb that will appear between the orbital and aircraft layers to increase visibility.
  2. wondible

wondible Post Master General

Settings, UI, Show Terrestrial, set to Range Dependent.

I ended up not using it because I often wanted to see everything at that zoom level. Maybe in the future we'll be able to set our own range value.
  3. zaphodx

zaphodx Post Master General

Doesn't that make them disappear only when you get close, rather than far away?
  4. Pendaelose

Pendaelose Well-Known Member

The last several games I played I ended up unable to use the orbital layer because I couldn't find my units. My base below was so cluttered with icons that I couldn't be sure my orbital fabber was still there even. It may have been shot down by an avenger and I would never know.
  5. iron420

iron420 Well-Known Member

I usually just set my rally point for orbital launcher well outside my base and look at my base on a 90 degree angle (so if my base is in North America I swivel my camera to look directly at Spain for instance) when im looking for them as they are easier to select that way since i see them against space instead of my base
  6. Pendaelose

Pendaelose Well-Known Member

That worked on smaller planets, but on the large ones I couldn't find my orbital units.
  7. warrenkc

warrenkc Active Member

The ui is lacking much at this time. Especially for orbital, and navigating planets
    aevs and iron420 like this.
  8. hahapants

hahapants Active Member

I'd prefer a button to toggle between orbital icons & land icons to make the orbital more easily distinguished.
    warrenkc and Pendaelose like this.
  9. warrenkc

warrenkc Active Member

Something right ? ;)