Use the In-Game Community Mods - raevn's PA Mod Manager for Linux and Mac OS X is Obsolete

Discussion in 'Released Mods' started by DeathByDenim, August 25, 2013.

1. DeathByDenim

DeathByDenim Post Master General

Could you go to "~/.local/Uber Entertainment/Planetary Annihilation/log", delete all of the logs there. Then start PA and let it generate a new log. Could you then post that new log?
    After you've done that, could you start pamm from the terminal and paste here what it outputs? It should tell you what it's expecting to be where.
  2. MCXplode

MCXplode Active Member

Interesting shows 0 mods loaded even when I put the old mods directory back in PA and they load in game. With modbatch, nostarfield ect. old mods load but still says 0 mods loaded in PA log. Logfile same with the new mods active and old mods deleted. Nothing in coherent log generated by pamm.
    16:59:10.400] INFO Client loaded 0 mods
    Output from pamm nothing eventful
    ./pamm_linux

(pamm_linux:10861): Gtk-WARNING **: Unable to locate theme engine in module_path: "clearlooks",

(pamm_linux:10861): Gtk-WARNING **: Unable to locate theme engine in module_path: "clearlooks",

(pamm_linux:10861): Gtk-WARNING **: Unable to locate theme engine in module_path: "mist",
    Expecting configdir in: "/home/jbrown/.local/Uber Entertainment/Planetary Annihilation/".
    Expecting executable in: "/home/jbrown/PA/".
    Expecting moddir at: "/home/jbrown/.local/Uber Entertainment/Planetary Annihilation//mods".

** (pamm_linux:10861): WARNING **: Invalid borders specified for theme pixmap:
    /home/jbrown/.themes/Doom3/gtk-2.0/range/trough-horiz.png,
    borders don't fit within the image
    nohup: appending output to ‘nohup.out’

All the mods are installed to /home/jbrown/.local/Uber Entertainment/Planetary Annihilation//mods" by pamm

Attached Files:

3. DeathByDenim

That's bizarre. Everything is exactly as it should be. Well, apart from the 0 mods loaded obviously. The old mods never showed up in the PA logs itself, but the news ones definitely should. The only other thing I can think of is that mods.json is screwed up somehow. You can find it in "~/.local/Uber Entertainment/Planetary Annihilation/". That file contains the mods that PA should load. As an example, mine looks like this:
    Code:
    {
      "mount_order":
      [
        "com.pa.deathbydenim.dpamm",
        "com.pa.raevn.pamm.rsettingsmanager",
        "com.pa.raevn.rfloatframe",
        "com.pa.Dementiurge.randomsystemtemplates100",
        "info.nanodesu.pastats",
        "com.pa.raevn.rmodslist",
        "com.pa.raevn.rcommanderhp",
        "com.pa.DeathByDenim.dMesaUiFix",
        "com.pa.DeathByDenim.dNotes"
      ]
    }
  4. philoscience

philoscience Post Master General

Don't know if this is related to the mod or not, but as of today whenever I try to play PA I can't select whatever the right most unit in a build cue is (e.g. ants, doxs, etc). Will try removing some mods to see if it's a conflict.

edit: it was a problem with hotbuild; I had to uninstall and reinstall and now it works. I think because they added new hotkeys for build queues
    Last edited: January 12, 2014
  5. proeleert

proeleert Post Master General

yeah working on it expect new release soon :)
  6. MCXplode

MCXplode Active Member

Does anybody else have this mod working for linux. I just trying to verify the linux binary actually searches for the new mods. All my mods are installed correctly and files parsed correctly in ./local/Uber~/mods ect mods.json file correct and all mod have their modinfo.json, but PA does not load them from that directory.
  7. MCXplode

MCXplode Active Member

Does anything need to be in the old ~/media/ui/mods folder. Does PAMM append the ui_mod_list.js file there. If not why is there a ui_mod_list.js file in the PAMM mod folder seems kind of redundant. Is this file actually needed anywhere in the new mod system. What exactly does the dpamm mod do that is installed by the mod manager. Isn't mods.json enough to call all the mods. How does the mod manager disable PA from looking to the old mod directory.
    Last edited: January 13, 2014
  8. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

The old ui_mod_list file will be shadowed by the new one. You might as well delete the old one.
    The ui_mod_list is needed for the UI modding hooks. The mods.json is what loads general mods that shadow files. One of those the "pamm" mod shadows the ui_mod_list to enable UI mods from the new modding location.

... I think
  9. DeathByDenim

Yeah. What cola_colin said is correct.

Pamm for Linux does work for me obviously. I wish the PA binary would show an error at least. I've attached my mods directory, which works for me. If you copy it to "~/.local/Uber Entertainment/Planetary Annihilation/", replacing the mods directory already present there, does it work then?

Attached Files:

10. DeathByDenim

New version released. It contains four bugfixes:
    • Mods_list.json wasn't written properly causing raevn's modlist mod to fail.
    • Icon loading was broken, but not implemented yet anyway.
    • Automatic refreshing of news and available mods didn't work.
    • A "no mods loaded" text could get stuck on the available mods tab.
  11. MCXplode

MCXplode Active Member

wow still doesn't work, don't know if PA on my install just isn't looking for mods directory because of filesystem error or what. Tried your mods.zip too just shows 0 mods loaded. All files and folders written correctly modslist.json perfect nothing wrong with ~.local/Uber Entertainment/Planetary Annihilation/ mods at all. New mod manager 3.02 works just fine places all mods where they should me creates modlist file correctly. PA is placing logs in the local Uber folder so it knows that folder is there. Don't know wtf or why it doesn't like the mods folder. Even tried completely deleting old mods folder to force it to load from there. It reads from localstore and everyting else but refuses to read the mods.
    Last edited: January 13, 2014
  12. MCXplode

MCXplode Active Member

still doesn't work with your mods, everything perfect
  13. DeathByDenim

Well, at least we now know that my mod manager is not to blame. ;)

Still weird though. You might want to try a complete reset of everything. That is, just delete "~/.local/Uber Entertainment/Planetary Annihilation", run PA once to rebuild it and try again. I estimate this has only a 10% chance of working though since as far as I know the mod dir is hard-coded, but I could be wrong. By the way, this obviously also deletes all of your settings, eh?

And while you are at it, you can also try to just delete PA itself and redownload and reinstall that. Maybe the download got corrupted ever so slightly. MD5 checksum:
    Code:
    165b47b97671a0467feb58b810b5b981 PA_Linux_58772.tar.bz2
    As you can see, I am now in the domain of rather unlikely solutions, but it might be worth trying.
  14. MCXplode

MCXplode Active Member

for those of you who have the new mods working under linux which directory do you have PA installed to mine "/home/jbrown/PA" don't know if that makes a different since it is still reading and writing to localstore and logs.
  15. DeathByDenim

Shouldn't make a difference. I have mine in "/home/jarno/Games/PA".
    You use a year-old Archlinux, right? What special tricks did you have to do to make it work? A custom libcurl, I think, but which version?
  16. MCXplode

MCXplode Active Member

Copy older version of libcurl 7.23 to PA dir where as current version I have in my system is 7.28 but PA doesn't check the ssl version correctly or something because new curl should work. The mods shouldn't use curl but curl does load when PA initializes. Thats the only lib I've added PA works fine on all of arch's 1 year libs, as arch's old libs are still pretty current because archlnux is a cutting edge distro. I wonder what libs the PA binary does use to load the mods? Bug report submitted
    FS#2953
    using current AMD catalyst 13.12
    compiled libcurl 7.34 still didn't load mods, curl 7.34 does work
    Last edited: January 21, 2014
  17. carlorizzante

carlorizzante Post Master General

Done, I've the .dmg file. Now, where I'm gonna put the pamm file? Sorry to ask, but I've read all the pages on this thread and there isn't written anywhere. Or perhaps I'm just dull myself. Either way, I need help :)
  18. DeathByDenim

You can put it anywhere you like. It doesn't matter, since it will autodetect where you have PA installed and install the mods accordingly.
    It even runs from inside the dmg file as far as I know.

Have fun! :)
  19. carlorizzante

carlorizzante Post Master General

Awesome! Thanks :)
  20. DeathByDenim

New version of the mod manager released. Complete feature parity with raevn's version 3.1.1. Even auto-updating sort of works. At least it will tell you when a new version is available and take you to the download page.
    Pamm will also detect your system language and try to display pamm in that language. (Dutch, German and French supported)
    Do you wish to add your native tongue? Check out the ts files in the i18n directory on GitHub. Send them to me and I'll include them.
    Last edited: February 2, 2014
    Raevn likes this.