Beta Build: 59607

Discussion in 'Support!' started by garat, January 16, 2014.

1. garat

garat Cat Herder Uber Alumni

Beta Build: 59607

59607 just adds some server instability hotfixes to build 59549.

It is 2014 now! Get ready to play a brand new game! Well, ok, not totally new, but between new units, new work in progress balance, things are already feeling a lot more polished and lot more fun!

Teleporters are in game now! Teleporters are point to point - build two, select one, then right-click on the other, and establish a gateway between them.

Major Balance Changes: This is a work in progress, but what's there is already quite a bit different! We'll need feedback and more time to fine tune it, but consider this the taste test of what's to come.

New Units: There are a number of new units in the game to start to flesh out the unit rosters. Many of these still use white box art, so they may look funny, but they should still work well.

Area Patrol: This is an incredibly useful persistent area command. When issued, depending on the units, it will stay until canceled. Fabbers will assist and repair, combat units will patrol, guard and attack, etc.

Big improvements to the look of lava planets, and ongoing iteration on the appearance of most biomes!

AI continues to get more and more evil. Make use of the economic scaling in the lobby if you're having a hard time playing. Setting the AI to 0.0 will allow you to sandbox to really learn the recent changes in the game!

Orbital fabber is now in game, and can build stuff in orbit. This is IMPORTANT! Some of the most important units in the orbital layer now must be built this way. The planet is important, but don't neglect your near planet orbits! It can also build the teleport gate on the ground. Very useful for planetary expansion!

Detailed:
    - Area commands continue to get improved, bug fixed, and cleaned up
    - Debug/Free cam is back
    - We have the first bit of work to allow us to start to localize the game. Come to the forums in the coming weeks for more details on how to help get the game localized!
    - Energy stance fixes, especially for units under construction
    - More aggressive AI expansion, but also handles differing planet sizes better now
    - AI should no longer get stuck trying to send units to a location they can't possibly reach.
    - Area build of Adv. Metal Extractor over wreckage should now properly reclaim and build
    - A large number of celestial movement fixes, prevention of "illegal" moves (no annihilation against an already moving target), and others.
    - Number of naval pathing/coming out of factory fixes; Also fixes pathing cost stamp for naval units being way too big
  2. SXX

SXX Post Master General

Bugs fixed/closed in this release:
    • PA#1271 - Wreckage gives attack cursor to non attack units
    • PA#2227 - Crash on start if no sound card detected or when game "lose" sound card.
    • PA#2405 - "Show Terrestrial" allow instantly differ enemy commander from other recon square
    • PA#2610 - Typo in Keyboard Shortcuts. "Psuedo" -> "Pseudo"
    • PA#2660 - Always on health bars are never looks full
    • PA#2707 - Shortcuts for removed buildings remain in settings
    • PA#2774 - Wrecks have constant content in bottom info bar inherited from last "alive" moment
    • PA#2784 - Building placement interrupted by action hotkey make cursor stuck
    • PA#2785 - Crash after changing game settings an than using "recall Anchor" (Alt+1)
    • PA#2788 - Active action and cursor don't reset after you select other unit group by hotkey
    • PA#2789 - Activating building placement when action cursor active make cursor stuck
    • PA#2790 - Unit fabricating hotkeys don't work
    • PA#2860 - Left/right click on unit selection icons only work for units visible on screen
    • PA#2870 - Still possible switch to destroyed planet using "recall Anchor" shortcut
    • PA#2877 - Unfinished econ buildings can be exploited to produce economy
    • PA#2925 - Reclaim/repair actions can't be added to factory queue for newly produced units

• PA#1783 - Assisting an incomplete structure repairs it without continuing to build it
    • PA#2819 - Setting a factory to assist a build under construction messes up the construction process

• PA#2940 - Astraeus can pickup unit on other planet
    • PA#2728 - Sending moons to annihilate each other = craziness
    All these tasks are reported fixed by developers, so likely they actually fixed.
    If you think something not fixed yet please leave comment on bugtracker or PM me.

There also number of tasks possible fixed but need to be tested first.
    Please check them and leave comment about their status:
    • PA#2668 - Opponent's Units Don't Move on Chrono Cam
    Last edited: February 13, 2014
  3. Raevn

Raevn Moderator Alumni

Last edited: January 18, 2014
    Quitch, hohopo, maxpowerz and 16 others like this.
  4. cwarner7264

cwarner7264 Moderator Alumni

You fellows are quick.

EDIT: I should probably use this to announce that the first PA tournament of 2014 will now definitely be held this Saturday to celebrate the new patch.
    Last edited: January 16, 2014
    maxpowerz likes this.
  5. nick2k

nick2k Active Member

6. superouman

superouman Post Master General

Real men have priorities in life, build teleporters first.

It's going to be a hell of a long patch note from reavn. :)

YESSSS FINALLY!!! HDR works perfectly on my ATI HD 4870 gfx!!! glory to uber devs!
    Last edited: January 16, 2014
    Raevn and cwarner7264 like this.
  7. devoh

devoh Well-Known Member

It almost as if a ton of people were hoping for some late week awesomeness!
  8. greendiamond

greendiamond Active Member

cant wait to see the new units and balance changes
  9. kryovow

kryovow Well-Known Member

teleporter is nice, but somehow i think astreaus is now not needed anymore at all^^
  10. OathAlliance

OathAlliance Well-Known Member

Huzzah!
  11. trialq

trialq Post Master General

Cheaper, so quicker to get a bot to the other side.
  12. zaphodx

zaphodx Post Master General

I eagerly anticipate Raevn's edited post so we can see what these balance changes are.
    broadsideet likes this.
  13. moldez

moldez Active Member

cool stuff :)

keep it up
  14. darktom77

darktom77 New Member

Well, you still need it to get to the other planet so you can place the second warp gate.
    stormingkiwi likes this.
  15. Alpha2546

Alpha2546 Post Master General

I just did a quick play and perfomance has improved a lot on my computer (like double)! Much better playable now. Also I did notice that the AI is a bit more tricky.

Well done! Now i'll go bug spotting.
    drz1 likes this.
  16. duncane

duncane Active Member

It's not mentioned in the notes but I believe infinite build queues for facs has been added.
    Quitch likes this.
  17. nick2k

nick2k Active Member

the GIL-E might be a little too strong
  18. nofear1299

nofear1299 Active Member

I can't seem to get the area patrol to work for units? Like in the one playtest they sent all their dox' on area patrol to patrol the planet. It works perfectly for scout planes (forgot to try with other planes) but units do not do it? Was this intentional?

Although - LOVE LOVE the continuous build and teleporters:D

This patch is tickling me in all those nice places :D

Need to have a proper test run though, it's getting a bit late here :(
  19. superouman

superouman Post Master General

I have big troubles to use teleporters. I accidently managed to link two of them but couldn't reproduce it.
  20. Dementiurge

Dementiurge Post Master General

Orbital fighters only built by fabbers.
    I think we can all see where this is going.

Also, the tanky tanks (inferno, vanguard) don't seem to do any damage with their attacks. Not that they need to. Their tankiness is quite useful on its own.